Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

On 8/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, slylecoco said:

Hi!

So happy to play again PSX Doom with Delta Touch features!!

PSXDOOM.PK3_(1).zip

this is an old file corresponding to psx doom 2.135 beta crc ADBB8BD. Personally, I have always seen the williams logo. Maybe your files are not up to date, but in this topic there is everything you need. You can use portablepsxdoom as well ;)

Hello there, I just downloaded the .zip file of the TC and it works perfectly. The sound effects are there, the lighting effects of the PSX look just like the og PS1, everything works fine for me. My only problem is that there's no any music in the .zip I downloaded. At the title for example, it says music "psxtitle" not found and the rest of the game goes without music. Can you help me fix the music? I really like the creepy ambient music of the PSX Port and without it it looks empty

On 9/11/2021 at 3:34 AM, Gez said:

Music is in a separate file, which you have to load alongside the TC:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w1uo81ee7ikc7kb

"Permission Denied.

Well, looks like we can’t go any further

Something appears to be missing…

This file has been identified as a copyright protected work and cannot be distributed using MediaFire."

...in case you didn't know

8 hours ago, prfunky said:

Maybe you're in the "in club" with Mediafire?

mediafire work but for you: check here.

4 hours ago, pmc2 said:

mediafire work but for you: check here.

Thank you so much! I don't know why just that one link won't work for
me; I've downloaded many files from Mediafire before and a few since

this particular link yielded that mess pictured above.

Hello everyone and sorry for the necro-posting.

I recently realized I made a mistake in the past of attributing an incorrect sound (called DSSKLDTH in the attached archive) to Spider Mastermind walking state, which have also resulted in need to modify the cyberdemon code (nothing special really, just create new state for the walking sound, but still an ugly workaround).

Spoiler

I've checked PSX Doom's actual data files once more (SNDMAP**.LCD, which show level-exclusive sounds), and found out that this file was supposed to be used by Lost Soul.

How does it work now:

• Spider Mastermind has incorrect walk sound (a_metal)
  • Cyberdemon has new "a_hoof2" state replacing a_metal (to sound correctly)

Thankfully, GEC edition doesn't have the issue, being even more based on the original

If you wish to fix this long-lasting error of mine, load the attached PK3 with fix with the mod (you can tell Customizer to pre-load the file).

Thanks and sorry (really)!

psxdoom_cybspifix.zip

On 4/15/2017 at 11:03 PM, Nevander said:

Another thing confusing me is the way the loading of the main components works.

Loading the main TC file auto loads the music, which makes sense. However, loading PSXLOST loads PSXDOOM and PSXTCMUS also. I know why it's loading PSXDOOM since Lost Levels is added at the bottom of the episode list, but where does PSXLOSTMUS fit in? It isn't autoloaded by PSXLOST.

Then we get to PSXNRFTL which autoloads PSXDOOM and PSXTCMUS. Why is it loading the main TC again when you should be able to load that after loading PSXLOST so you get the main game, lost levels, and nrftl all at once? IMO even PSXLOST should not autoload PSXDOOM.

Instead PSXDOOM should only autoload the music, then you manually load PSXLOST and or PSXNRFTL after it to add to the episode list instead of this convoluted system where GAMEINFO is constantly loading other stuff by itself. I still don't know where PSXLOSTMUS comes from or what it's replacing if PSXDOOM and PSXLOST both load PSXTCMUS. All this needs to be explained in a readme IMO, just my two cents as a user.

Do you have a solution for PSXLOST and PSXNRFTL doing this?

EDIT: nvm. 

Screenshot_2023-05-18_161438.jpg

Edited by MeinLeben4MomRus1945 : Found a better alternative.

Hello, sorry if this has been answered, but I'm wondering if there is a version of doom psx tc that works on vanilla doom, I'm looking for both levels/music, and the even mods to have similar colored lighting. 

2 hours ago, law56ker said:

Hello, sorry if this has been answered, but I'm wondering if there is a version of doom psx tc that works on vanilla doom, I'm looking for both levels/music, and the even mods to have similar colored lighting. 

Sorry but there is no Vanilla Doom equivalent of PSX Doom.  However, someone might make a mod for it using the ACE Engine.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:01 PM, Impboy4 said:

Sorry but there is no Vanilla Doom equivalent of PSX Doom.  However, someone might make a mod for it using the ACE Engine.

Thanks, Years ago I made a huge collection of the best doom wads/megawads community creations that ran on nxdoom - a source port of doom for the sega dreamcast. Nxdoom support was limited to vanilla doom, I want to make an updated collection, but I'm guessing most all newer wads, require the newer source ports.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:30 AM, law56ker said:

a version of doom psx tc that works on vanilla doom

Hi.

Unfortunatily that's not possible, because many features (including colored lighting) are hardcoded into the engine.

From personal experience, it's usually enough to play with just new sounds, HUD and gun sprites -- see attached .WAD.ZIP file (sounds were converted to 8 bit, to work in Vanilla DOOM, though gun sprite replacements may not work in pure DOOM2.EXE).

It's missing big menu font though, but does have the rest of the graphics.

doom10.png.848efd63cd2f023ea81bfdb643f9dbbc.png

Music can be added too, if you're using source port which supports this feature (I use PrBoom+ with fantastic results, see excerpt from the config file below, it uses songs from Bandcamp version: https://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/album/doom-playstation-official-soundtrack and https://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/album/final-doom-playstation-official-soundtrack:

Spoiler

# Music
mus_e1m1                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\04. Retribution Dawns (Hangar).ogg"
mus_e1m2                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\05. The Broken Ones (Plant).ogg"
mus_e1m3                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\06. Sanity's Edge (Toxin Refinery).ogg"
mus_e1m4                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\07. Hell's Churn (Command Control).ogg"
mus_e1m5                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\08. Digitized Pain (Phobos Lab).ogg"
mus_e1m6                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\09. Corrupted Core (Central Processing).ogg"
mus_e1m7                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\10. Mind Massacre (Computer Station).ogg"
mus_e1m8                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\11. Mutation (Phobos Anomaly).ogg"
mus_e1m9                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\20. Creeping Brutality (UnHoly Cathedral).ogg"
mus_e2m1                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\12. Breath Of Horror (Deimos Anomaly).ogg"
mus_e2m2                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\13. A Calm Panic Rises (Containment Area).ogg"
mus_e2m3                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\14. The Slow Demonic Pulse (Refinery).ogg"
mus_e2m4                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\15. Corrupted (Deimos Lab).ogg"
mus_e2m5                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\16. Steadfast Extermination (Command Center).ogg"
mus_e2m6                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\05. The Broken Ones (Plant).ogg"
mus_e2m7                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\04. Retribution Dawns (Hangar).ogg"
mus_e2m8                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\17. Beyond Fear (Hell Gate).ogg"
mus_e2m9                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\19. Lurkers (Pandemonium).ogg"
mus_e3m1                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\18. In The Grip Of Madness (Hell Keep).ogg"
mus_e3m2                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\12. Breath Of Horror (Deimos Anomaly).ogg"
mus_e3m3                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\19. Lurkers (Pandemonium).ogg"
mus_e3m4                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\09. Corrupted Core (Central Processing).ogg"
mus_e3m5                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\20. Creeping Brutality (UnHoly Cathedral).ogg"
mus_e3m6                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\21. Lamentation (Mt. Erebus).ogg"
mus_e3m7                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\22. Twisted Beyond Reason (Limbo).ogg"
mus_e3m8                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\06. Sanity's Edge (Toxin Refinery).ogg"
mus_e3m9                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\20. Creeping Brutality (UnHoly Cathedral).ogg"
mus_inter                         ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\02. Level Complete Stats.ogg"
mus_intro                         ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\01. Main Theme.ogg"
mus_bunny                         ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\03. Credits & Demo.ogg"
mus_victor                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\25. Finale (no voiceover).ogg"
mus_introa                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\01. Main Theme.ogg"
mus_runnin                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\04. Bells Of Agony (Attack).ogg"
mus_stalks                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\05. Vexation (Virgil).ogg"
mus_countd                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\06. Infectious (Canyon).ogg"
mus_betwee                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\07. Larva Circuits (Combine).ogg"
mus_doom                          ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\08. Malignant (Catwalk).ogg"
mus_the_da                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\09. The Foulness Consumes (Fistula).ogg"
mus_shawn                         ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\10. Unhallowed (Geryon).ogg"
mus_ddtblu                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\11. Demon Drone (Minos).ogg"
mus_in_cit                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\12. Tendrils Of Hate (Nessus).ogg"
mus_dead                          ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\13. Breath Of Corruption (Paradox).ogg"
mus_stlks2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\04. Retribution Dawns (Hangar).ogg"
mus_theda2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\05. The Broken Ones (Plant).ogg"
mus_doom2                         ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\06. Sanity's Edge (Toxin Refinery).ogg"
mus_ddtbl2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\07. Hell's Churn (Command Control).ogg"
mus_runni2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\08. Digitized Pain (Phobos Lab).ogg"
mus_dead2                         ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\09. Corrupted Core (Central Processing).ogg"
mus_stlks3                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\10. Mind Massacre (Computer Station).ogg"
mus_romero                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\11. Mutation (Phobos Anomaly).ogg"
mus_shawn2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\13. A Calm Panic Rises (Containment Area).ogg"
mus_messag                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\15. Corrupted (Deimos Lab).ogg"
mus_count2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\17. Beyond Fear (Hell Gate).ogg"
mus_ddtbl3                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\21. Lamentation (Mt. Erebus).ogg"
mus_ampie                         ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\22. Twisted Beyond Reason (Limbo).ogg"
mus_theda3                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\08. Digitized Pain (Phobos Lab).ogg"
mus_adrian                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\18. In The Grip Of Madness (Hell Keep).ogg"
mus_messg2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\19. Lurkers (Pandemonium).ogg"
mus_romer2                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\14. The Slow Demonic Pulse (Refinery).ogg"
mus_tense                         ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\20. Creeping Brutality (UnHoly Cathedral).ogg"
mus_shawn3                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\13. Breath Of Corruption (Paradox).ogg"
mus_openin                        ".\music\2013 - Final Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\12. Tendrils Of Hate (Nessus).ogg"
mus_evil                          ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\29. Bonus - Plague Rats.ogg"
mus_ultima                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\07. Hell's Churn (Command Control).ogg"
mus_read_m                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\25. Finale (no voiceover).ogg"
mus_dm2ttl                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\01. Main Theme.ogg"
mus_dm2int                        ".\music\2012 - Doom Playstation- Official Soundtrack\02. Level Complete Stats.ogg"

If done right, this should PSXize your PrBoom+ experience with any custom Vanilla-compatible (or Limit Removing) .WAD you load into the game.

psxfeel - 20221223.zip

Edited by lafoxxx : :)