Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Eris Falling said:

Do you mean the firing rate of it PSX -> PSX TC or PC -> PSX TC? PSX Plasma was significantly slower than it's PC counterpart.

The original PSX Plasma Rifle seems fractionally faster than the PSX TC's. I'm obviously not going to compare the TC to the PC original!

Ever since the last copy I got I didn't expect a newer version would be out so soon for some odd reason.

So soon?

[   ] gzdoom-bin-1-5-06.zip   19-Dec-2010 09:06   2.6M  
[   ] gzdoom-bin-1-6-00.zip   02-Jul-2012 11:39   2.7M  

A_CheckFlag dates back from 2011.

Would it be possible to put the updated downloads and addons for the TC on the first post, it's kind of annoying to have to dig through the thread just to find it all.

After playing through it a bit I've noticed quite a few misplaced/missing colored lighting in some of the Master Levels.

BlueFireZ88 said:

Would it be possible to put the updated downloads and addons for the TC on the first post, it's kind of annoying to have to dig through the thread just to find it all.

Everything you need is on the first post the latest version and game music, the link only takes you to the extras which are not required to run the TC. You don't need to dig through the thread. This new 2.1 version is only to straighten out the new bugs found, once they are fixed it will be on the first post.

buttspit said:

I didn't have time to check, but are enemy's melee attacks supposed to create a blood spatter?

I know that Demons (and related) are supposed to. Not 100% sure on the rest (Barons/Knights and Imps definitely don't), although it does seem familiar in some instances such as Revenants.

Or maybe I am imagining that last one.

BlueFireZ88 said:

This might be an obvious question, but why isn't there a MAP60?

The original PSX Doom had 59 maps, so when the Final Doom maps were added, they started at 61 to keep the numbering somewhat consistent with what they were on the PSX. MAP01=MAP61, instead of MAP01=MAP60.

BlueFireZ88 said:

Couldn't MAP60 be some kind of super secret level? Something that's either new or uncommon?

I think you are missing the point of the TC.

I know it's meant to be as faithful to PS1 version as possible.

You could have it that the secret exit to this level can be completely hidden from the player, that the door would blend in with the level chosen and could be completely overlooked by the player.

It would seem like a waste, but it's the only way to preserve the flow of the levels and have that spot filled.

BlueFireZ88 said:

It would seem like a waste, but it's the only way to preserve the flow of the levels and have that spot filled.

But they're two seperate games.

I'd prefer if it was a completely self-contained (joke?)map only accessed via IDCLEV or the MAP/CHANGEMAP console commands.

Or we could go all out with it and make a collaborative super-map or whatever, I even have a couple of old maps we could use and expand on for this.

I do agree with filling the mapslot, but it shouldn't be any part at all of the basic episode flow at all.

That makes a lot more sense. You could have it a part of single player if it plays normally, then goes back to MAP01, but resets your inventory so it doesn't interfere with gameplay. Maybe some kind of mock tutorial map?

I'll post a layout of the first old Doom-format map I find to be suitable, from my big folder of WADs & shit that I never finished. Then depending on feedback, I'll go apeshit and PSX-ify it.

BlueFireZ88 said:

What a weird argument.

The flow of the levels doesn't care about numbers. Also, the order is this anyway if you go to the secret levels:

1 2 3 56 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 57 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 58 59 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 etc.

A jump from 54 to 60 wouldn't be less abrupt than 54 to 61.

BlueFireZ88 said:

Given you previous work, color me intrigued. I'd love to see what you come up with.

How's this look? It's an old, old version of something I've since turned into something else completely, but it would very much be a workable map to turn into a MAP60 Easter Egg.

Gez: Yes, you do have a point sir. I just thought it was odd that the MAP60 spot was empty when everything else was full. Just trying to think of ways it can get in there.

BaronofStuff: Holy lord, what is that!? That looks awesome!

No, I'm generally quite terrible at giving anything a name really. I'll think of something eventually no doubt, and hopefully it won't be the cheesiest, shittiest most clichéd name of any WAD ever.

But it probably will be.