Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

NightFright said:

I might be wrong about this one, but better be safe than sorry.

This is inside of the main building in MAP42 "The Factory". Isn't the whole walkway supposed to protect you from the slime if you walk the correct path (underneath the ceiling lights)? The second half apparently is still toxic and hurts you. There are protective suits ofc, but well...

Mine works fine, you musta fell off and walked under the light.

Indeed I did. So it punishes you like that if you fall off? Tricky, didn't remember that. Then it's false alert, ofc! ^^

NightFright said:

I might be wrong about this one, but better be safe than sorry.

This is inside of the main building in MAP42 "The Factory". Isn't the whole walkway supposed to protect you from the slime if you walk the correct path (underneath the ceiling lights)? The second half apparently is still toxic and hurts you. There are protective suits ofc, but well... This could be intended, but I don't know.

See this handy and enlightening article about why it's not a bug and how it can be worked around by the map editor anyway.

Had some fun playing this, but I ran into a bug myself, and apologies if someone else posted this already.

On the final level in PSX Final Doom, (Onslaught) when I went to the door past where the cyberdemon was, there's this small room with a chaingunner and a switch. See, the switch is supposed to lower me to the next area, but for some reason when I pressed it, the room actually raises up to the ceiling, slightly crushing me and leaving me stuck there.

EDIT: also ran into some problems with The Factory, what BlueFireZ88 said about the small area with imps where the switch doesn't work happened to me too.

Hurricyclone said:

Had some fun playing this, but I ran into a bug myself, and apologies if someone else posted this already.

On the final level in PSX Final Doom, (Onslaught) when I went to the door past where the cyberdemon was, there's this small room with a chaingunner and a switch. See, the switch is supposed to lower me to the next area, but for some reason when I pressed it, the room actually raises up to the ceiling, slightly crushing me and leaving me stuck there.

EDIT: also ran into some problems with The Factory, what BlueFireZ88 said about the small area with imps where the switch doesn't work happened to me too.

Have you updated your PSX TC lately? I believe there are some fixes for those maps.

Personally i find this version of Doom to be way too easy for me. Even on the hardest mode i breeze through it. Also where can I find the optional nightmare mode? Kinda need that right now.

Edit: found the original post with a link to the Nightmare mode but the link is dead :\

Know I'm bumping an old thread here, I have a small request.
As people are adding mods incorporating features not present from the PSX version such as Nightmare difficulty as an optional download, would it be possible to have the "You are here" Map after completing levels as a downloadable option as well?
To me that was another one of the good features missing from the PSX version which added to the Doom experience.

Issue getting 100% on MAP69(Nessus):
The single northernmost secret has a slight issue. The sector the secret is assigned to is too small for the player to actually walk on (except with NOCLIP). Should change it to the sector where the item sits.

BlueFireZ88 said:

Issue getting 100% on MAP69(Nessus):
The single northernmost secret has a slight issue. The sector the secret is assigned to is too small for the player to actually walk on (except with NOCLIP). Should change it to the sector where the item sits.

Nessus Now with 100% completion.

Don't recall this happening on DOOM on Playstation. But on map 46 (The Courtyard) where you shoot the switch to open it (right at the start), it opens fine but every time you shoot, you can still hear it click in front or behind it.

I'm using the latest version 2.132

That's normal Doom behavior. Gunfire switches are repeatable, and switches can be triggered at any height, so you hear the sound every time you fire through the open door. I don't feel like hooking up my PS2 to confirm if it happens on console or not, they may have changed the gunfire switch to be one time use.

There's a bug in Nessus, the platform in the bfg secret was lowered so that the player can step on it, but the door wasn't made openable from the inside to compensate for this. As a result, if the player goes inside and the door closes, he's trapped inside forever.

Hey everyone. Just a heads up that I received a DMCA copyright notice for PSXDOOM_BETA3_FULL.ZIP, so apparently someone at Sony is aware of this project. I don't know if we find somewhere safer to host this than MediaFire, but I thought I'd let everyone know what's up.

fenderc01 said:

Hey everyone. Just a heads up that I received a DMCA copyright notice for PSXDOOM_BETA3_FULL.ZIP, so apparently someone at Sony is aware of this project. I don't know if we find somewhere safer to host this than MediaFire, but I thought I'd let everyone know what's up.

It may be a good idea to remove all instances of "PSX" from the title and all files of this project. Lots of DMCA copyright notices are sent automatically by computer programs that identify keywords and files of certain sizes. "PSXDOOM_BETA3_FULL.ZIP" may have been incorrectly flagged as being a PSX iso.

I own a physical copy both PSX Dooms, so please tell them to kindly go to Hell on my behalf.