Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

1 hour ago, elden4 said:

but does exist anyway to run psx doom and the lost levels plus the no rest for the living expansion with the smooth doom mod added in the proper order ?

I mean as a proper order, the lost levels taking  their pc positions inside  doom ,doom 2 and final doom ... I think it would be great... and if the hd texture pack could be added too it will make the best doom around...

I'm sorry, I don't get what you're saying.

I found a map bug in Catwalk again.  This doesn't need a screenshot; one of the raising/lowing lifts in the hallway to the right going towards where you get the yellow key does not move because it needs a tag of 11.

49 minutes ago, sdk2k9 said:

I'm sorry, I don't get what you're saying.

I would like to run the psx doom total conversion + smooth doom + hd texture pack .

I am thinking if i can get the same maps order like  doom pc  doom2 pc and final doom pc version . Actually the lost level run as a separate addon from the main psx levels order

1 hour ago, elden4 said:

I would like to run the psx doom total conversion + smooth doom + hd texture pack .

I am thinking if i can get the same maps order like  doom pc  doom2 pc and final doom pc version . Actually the lost level run as a separate addon from the main psx levels order

Well Smooth Doom won't work properly with the PSX Doom TC. You need to use Smooth-PSX-Doom. Also not sure the hd texture pack will work.

Screenshot (63).png

If you set your gameplay options on the PSX Doom TC Launcher like I have in the picture, then you'll be able to play the TC with Smooth-PSX-Doom with the lost level running as a separate addon from the main psx levels order

i have a problem,the final doom levels are way too dark in software mode even if i increase gamma settings ! opengl looks fine but make the game lag.

any solutions ?

@kolko from the launcher go into options and turn on "software display mode with brighter maps" it don't work with the lost levels at the moment.

1 hour ago, ScottGray said:

@kolko from the launcher go into options and turn on "software display mode with brighter maps" it don't work with the lost levels at the moment.

there no "software display mode" on my launcher here:

iz58c3.jpg

@kolko The first post needs updated. This is the latest version here, Download the music again theirs been some changes in 2.135

Edited by ScottGray

24 minutes ago, ScottGray said:

@kolko The first post needs updated. This is the latest version here, Download the music again theirs been some changes in 2.135

looks fine now,thanks !

@Impboy4 that's catwalk fixed map65.zip, Somethings went wrong with one of the past updates. A few of these bugs you've pointed out have been fixed more than once, however this one has survived all the from v2.1.  V2.0 was fine. I'll need to be more careful.  Again thank you Impboy, It much appreciated if you find anything else please let me know.

Hey fellow doomers, first post here even though I've followed the series for more than 20 years :)

I was playing through this with my wife, and noticed when mixing the lost levels with the main TC maps, that MAP23 becomes inaccessible! if you decide to take the secret exit in MAP15 you'll never get to MAP23.

anyway, I fixed this in LOSTMIX.PK3 and here it is attached if anyone is interested.

the progress should be:

Map MAP15 Lookup "HUSTR_15"
{
	Music = "$MAPMUS_15"
	Next = "MAP16"
	SecretNext = "MAP55"
}

Map MAP55 Lookup "HUSTR_55"
		{
			Music = "$MAPMUS_55"
			Sky1 = "SKY01"
			Next = "LOST06"
		}

Map LOST06 lookup "LHUSTR_6"
		{ 
			Music = "$LMAPMUS_6" 
			Sky1  = "FIRESK00" 
			Next  = "MAP16" 
		}

and it should continue from 22 as it should

Map MAP22 Lookup "HUSTR_22"
{
	Music = "$MAPMUS_22"
	Next = "MAP23"
}

Map MAP23 Lookup "HUSTR_23"
{
	Music = "$MAPMUS_23"
	Next = "MAP24"
}

let me know if you think the order should be different :)

P.S. You should change the extension of the file to PK3, instead of ZIP and place it back into MODS folder, and enjoy :)

LOSTMIX.zip

Is there, like, just the wad file? It seems like a lot of effort to get some lighting and a Williams logo.

If someone has the wad file, I would love to play some console maps. Pm me please. I think these links have been dead for a minute.

Hi guys, long time no see in PSX Doom TC section. I'm working on small PSX-styled wad. As I can see it's possible to load this wad as mini-part of PSX TC in .exe options?

But I've got a problem. When I'm trying to load PSX Doom (even without my wad) I'm getting:

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 2:
Expected identifier but got ',' instead

I've searched through this thread for solution but didn't find anything useful for me. Possibly I'm blind. I would be grateful for help. Thank you in advance.

P.S.: Used GZDoom 1.9 and GZDoom 2.4.

11 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

Hi guys, long time no see in PSX Doom TC section. I'm working on small PSX-styled wad. As I can see it's possible to load this wad as mini-part of PSX TC in .exe options?

But I've got a problem. When I'm trying to load PSX Doom (even without my wad) I'm getting:

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 2:
Expected identifier but got ',' instead

I've searched through this thread for solution but didn't find anything useful for me. Possibly I'm blind. I would be grateful for help. Thank you in advance.

P.S.: Used GZDoom 1.9 and GZDoom 2.4.

It's some weird bug with that EXE. Just make sure the .EXE is not running and delete PSXLOAD.PK3 and load the wad as mini-part of PSX TC in .exe options again.

So, where exactly is this new build that everyone seems to have that I can't seem to find? Or is such a release just a figment of my imagination?

51 minutes ago, Blastfrog said:

So, where exactly is this new build that everyone seems to have that I can't seem to find? Or is such a release just a figment of my imagination?

DoomPSX (1st post) => hosted files + LostLevels (1st post).

Or directly mirrored here + here + here = official + fix from Alfaifi (lostmix.pk3) & ScottGray (PSXNRFTL.PK3).

phew^^

Edited by Jets

That's just the 2.135 version. Am I wrong in thinking there's some other version? I've never seen that launcher before, for example (unless it has always been there and I just ignored it).

Hi everyone ,

I have a issue after the map 75 : human barbecue with lostmix.pk3 activate . 

The next level "lost20" doesn't run and I have this console screen .

596104e3bbb72_Sanstitre.png.30926fce67bb6d91ee064c207930df6b.png

I tested without lostmix.pk3, I haven't this problem but I can't play with the lost levels .

It's too bad , I don't know if a another person have this bug ? Or I am the only one ? 

no problem with gz 3.1.0 and lostmix from alfaifi (check my previous post)

I tried your link with gzdoom 3.1.0 it doesn't work .

Now the map 75 start again after pass the intermission screen .

I finished before all the levels of ultimate doom , doom 2 and the master levels with psxdoomtc 2.35,gzdoom 2.4.0 and lostmix.pk3 and I never had this bug .

I think there is a problem in this particular map with lostmix.pk3 . 

Edited by FrenchGuy

The problem is in the zmapinfo in the LOSTMIX.pk3.

The MAP75 definition has a space after LOST20 and before the " e.g Next = "LOST20 ".

Deleting the space will fix the problem.

Or drop this into your mods folder LOSTMIX.PK3

There is a another issue with lostmix.pk3 after the level 28 , the next map is the level 31 the first of doom 2 while normally there is before 2 levels (29 and 30) even 3 taking account of the secret level  57 .

I didn't say before because at that time I had found a backup solution and I hadn't created a account for report this problem .

On 09/07/2017 at 11:28 PM, ScottGray said:

The problem is in the zmapinfo in the LOSTMIX.pk3.

The MAP75 definition has a space after LOST20 and before the " e.g Next = "LOST20 ".

Deleting the space will fix the problem.

Or drop this into your mods folder LOSTMIX.PK3

this files include this fix ?

There are several lostmix, and it looks like they all have mistakes :?

On 11.7.2017 at 8:07 PM, Jets said:

this files include this fix ?

There are several lostmix, and it looks like they all have mistakes :?

I'm also wondering about this. I really like this project but never could get into it because there are so many addons and fixes going around. This conversion would be the best thing ever if it was just a single pk3 we could run in GZDoom.

I tried to install DoomPSXTC but it's Launcher is declared Malware. I am sincerely hoping I can get a Malware free version of the EXE in order to launch the game properly.