Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

I have found a rather annoying bug in the latest version of this mod. The only weapons that are selectable are the fists and the pistol. No other weapon can be selected, not even the chainsaw, which shares slot one with the fists. I have PSXLOST.pk3, and PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 loaded in. It also happens with PSXDOOMTC.pk3 & PSXMUS.pk3 loaded in instead, so I'm thinking that the bug is in PSXDOOMTC.pk3, since the absence of the music packs has no effect on this issue.

edit: just found that weapons are now properly selectable with PSXLOST.pk3, and PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 alone loaded in... weird.

Edited by JimFlasch

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:17 AM, JimFlasch said:

I have found a rather annoying bug in the latest version of this mod. The only weapons that are selectable are the fists and the pistol. No other weapon can be selected, not even the chainsaw, which shares slot one with the fists. I have PSXLOST.pk3, and PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 loaded in. It also happens with PSXDOOMTC.pk3 & PSXMUS.pk3 loaded in instead, so I'm thinking that the bug is in PSXDOOMTC.pk3, since the absence of the music packs has no effect on this issue.

edit: just found that weapons are now properly selectable with PSXLOST.pk3, and PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 alone loaded in... weird.

I have the exact same issue and yes, it could be that or the Launcher causing it.

From what I found is that running the game using the Launcher causes the issue.

for instance, the picked up weapons (e.g. Shotgun #3) do not display their respective number and the 'selected' weapon box disappears when this happens.

When you switch from pistol or fist, the 'selected' weapon box reappears but the picked up weapon disappears completely and there is no way to select it again.

Running over already acquired weapons does nothing either.

I used the IDFA/IDKFA cheat and this displayed the weapons and weapon numbers just fine. (no surprise) :S

As a separate work-around, I loaded the PSXDOOMTC.pk3 onto gzdoom which seemed to do the trick.

I did a little demonstration using Final Doom: Plutonia MAP 01 Congo as there were plenty of shotguns lol.

P.S. I'll attach some pictures or a video to hopefully explain better.

And hopefully there will be a fix for this :) :) :)

Um, anything about missing music? Got the same problem as was described by few pages back ("music PSXMUS01 not found"). I do have PSXTCMUS.pk3 in the same folder as PSX TC is as well. Using GZD 2.2.0.

I was just about to make a thread about this, i really want to play psx Doom in the pc like i remembered it from the console, is this good to go?

30 minutes ago, D88M said:

I was just about to make a thread about this, i really want to play psx Doom in the pc like i remembered it from the console, is this good to go?

Yes, it's pretty good.

You should also download the customizer to personalize your experience.

I want it as vainilla as possible, the only stuff i change in this old games is the resolution to fit my screen (1360x768) Thanks, i will check it out.

Did the "can't select weapons or use keys" bug ever get fixed beyond launching the pack by dropping it on the GZDoom icon? When I do that the game just loads the default Doom PC textures rather than the TC ones.

1 hour ago, Ben Paddon said:

Did the "can't select weapons or use keys" bug ever get fixed beyond launching the pack by dropping it on the GZDoom icon? When I do that the game just loads the default Doom PC textures rather than the TC ones.

You need to use the laucher that comes with it to play the game correctly.

I never encountered that bug so I guess it should be fine.

Hey, people. I said last year I'd make a patch for this TC to make keys "blink" when you try to open a locked door without the corresponding key, like the original PSX version of Doom does. Now, I've finally made such patch, and you can download it here.

To use it, use the Options menu on the launcher provided with the main TC download, and add it in the "add PK3 or WAD" section, like this:

Screenshot_35.png

Screenshot_36.png

A few things to notice:

• The key the status bar displays when you try to open a locked door without having said key is automatically detected at level load, and is entirely dependant on levels having only 1 key-per-color. If it displays the wrong sort of key for a specific color, tell me and I'll try to fix it, however not even when playing the Lost Levels have I ran into this sort of problem.
  • Because of how this script works, you may run into problems or may not even be able to run the game if you don't use the latest version of GZDoom.
  • I know the script I used is a bit buggy, and that's because I tried to balance it around being both functional and also multiplayer-compatible, so it's a good approximation for now. If anyone wants to improve it, do so, but please give credit where credit is due.

Updated from gzdoom 2.1 to 3.5.1

Have encountered a few problems whilst using the following:

PSXDoom 2.135

gzdoom-bin-3-5-1-x64

Trying to use:

PSXTCMUS.PK3 - music not working - tried to load in with the launcher

PSXFDHUD.PK3 - updated psx style bottom bars not working - tried to load in with the launcher

PSXDOORS.PK3 - key blink not working - tried to load in with the launcher

If anyone could offer assistance it would be appreciated.

psxdoomTC works up to the gz3.2.0 version (from what I could test). No need to update, we will gain nothing here imho.

NB: ...but psxdoor not work here with gz3.2.0 or up (as indicated by hfc2x).

PSXDOORS.PK3:zscript.txt, line 5: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function WorldLinePreActivated

Edited by Jets

On 9/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, francis247uk said:

Updated from gzdoom 2.1 to 3.5.1

Have encountered a few problems whilst using the following:

PSXDoom 2.135

gzdoom-bin-3-5-1-x64

Trying to use:

PSXTCMUS.PK3 - music not working - tried to load in with the launcher

PSXFDHUD.PK3 - updated psx style bottom bars not working - tried to load in with the launcher

PSXDOORS.PK3 - key blink not working - tried to load in with the launcher

If anyone could offer assistance it would be appreciated.

Be sure to use the links provided by Jets on an earlier page for downloads:

On 10/31/2017 at 11:37 AM, Jets said:

This links are always up to date:

PSXDoom2.135u1

+ PSXDoom-Fix (from this thread)     

+ PSXDoom Music

+ Lost Level

+ PSXDoom-Fix2

if it can help you ^_^

Regarding this:

13 hours ago, Jets said:

psxdoomTC works up to the gz3.2.0 version (from what I could test). No need to update, we will gain nothing here imho.

NB: ...but psxdoor not work here with gz3.2.0 or up (as indicated by hfc2x).

PSXDOORS.PK3:zscript.txt, line 5: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function WorldLinePreActivated

Download the latest development version of GZDoom to get it working from here (choose what corresponds to your system, x64 means 64-bit Windows).

I'm having a TON of issues with the tc. I can't use keys, I can only pick between the fists and pistol (If I pick up a weapon alls good until I either run out of ammo, or go to change to a weapon) And the issue presented in the photo. This is pretty broken imo.

wtf.PNG

OK, save yourself a huge amount of time and download PortaDOOM's PSX DOOM package that contains a fully pre-configured and tested setup: https://github.com/Kroc/PortaDOOM/releases

(NB: The music has been converted to lower bit-rate to save space, you can swap in your music PK3 for better audio)

You use gz 3.2.5, this is the answer to softGalaxy imho^^

(As far as I'm concerned, I stopped at 3.2.0, the others did not give a good result at home).

I have one question for all, if there is ever a way that the whole PSX Doom TC (with the lost levels) was the font of the final doom?, It seems to me that those more red font with final doom is better and I wanted it all over PSX Doom TC, let's do something about it?

On 9/20/2018 at 12:09 AM, softGalaxy said:

I'm having a TON of issues with the tc. I can't use keys, I can only pick between the fists and pistol (If I pick up a weapon alls good until I either run out of ammo, or go to change to a weapon) And the issue presented in the photo. This is pretty broken imo.

wtf.PNG

Well, you're adding files into the "Add PK3 or WAD Files" dialog which you shouldn't add there. That dialog should be left blank, and only used if you wish to add additional mod files that don't come with the base TC.

Hello everyone! I can't get psxdoor working on any version of GZDoom X64 (2.4, 3.0, 3.0.1). On what version it runs best?

2.4.0 launcher says:Script error, "PSXDOORS.PK3:zscript.txt" line 1: Version mismatch. 2.5.0 expected but only 2.4.0 supported

others say: PSXDOORS.PK3:zscript.txt, line 5: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function WorldLinePreActivated

Sorry for bad English

Edited by Darkel

For 2.4 ~ 3.2, play without PSXDOORS.PK3, all it does is flash the relevant key when you try to open a locked door.

Others are reporting the TC doesn't work beyond 3.2.5, but I think this has to do with the customizer/launcher; I'm using my own launcher and PortaDOOM handles the game fine, even with 3.6.0.

I've assembled new build on GZDOOM 2.4.0 and all the components from post: 

I've noticed some new monster and weapon sounds. I think they are unnecessary, how can i disable them?

Edited by Darkel

On 5/26/2012 at 10:42 AM, lafoxxx said:

cyberdemon must have 2 walk sound states - "metal" hoof and "normal" hoof.
"normal" hoof is played right after "awakening" cyberdemon, but his normal walking must sound as it does now (but reproducted using hoof and hoof2 separately!)
dsmetal - for spider mastermind

In case this gets updated again, there is an error above - DSMETAL is not used for the spider mastermind (or anywhere in the game), the spider's walk sound is DSHOOF2 (the same as in PC Doom where DSMETAL is used for both the cybernetic legs of the cyberdemon and the spider mastermind). You can hear this here:

https://youtu.be/tCZbFXiJuyw?t=371

God knows what the PSX DSMETAL was to be used for (it's more of a flame whooshing sound effect, I think it was speculated before that it might have been for the Arch-Vile before it was removed) or why they renamed the DSMETAL walking sound as 'DSHOOF2'. This error has been carried into Fall Of Triton which is based on this mod.

Since there's so many customization options for this TC, hopefully what I'm looking for already exists. If so, I apologize for asking here, but I couldn't find it. Also, sorry if there's some technical issue I'm not understanding; I'm really only just getting into Doom stuff.

Can I modify PSXDOOM.PK3 to make it look for music files with conventional names? As I understand it, PSXDOOM.PK3 requires it's music files to have specific names (like D_PSX01.ogg) which are different than what the base games have, and this is why it won't load any other music mods and no other mods can use PSXTCMUS.PK3. But is this really necessary?

The way things are, if you want to be able to use the PSX soundtrack for both this TC and any other mod (or the official games, for that matter), you need two separate archives. For example, I have HQPSXMUS.WAD from https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/psx-soundtrack-replacement-high-quality which I use with a number of mods, but I also have to have PSXTCMUS.PK3 just for this TC. Is there no way to make PSXDOOM.PK3 compatible with HQPSXMUS.WAD?

I realize I could presumably "convert" (i.e. rename) HQPSXMUS.WAD with psxdoom_ost-music_v3.1, but that doesn't solve the problem of requiring two relatively large archives of the same audio data.

Why all of a sudden am I getting an error message saying "Script error, "PSXDOOM.PK3:animdefs.txt" line 1799: Unknown texture SLIME04" when it's the same PSXDOOM.PK3 I've always used to play this mod and I've had no problems with it before? (GZDoom version is 3.6.0, which I downloaded when it first came out (10/10/2016), and it played PSXDOOM just fine as recently as December 10.)

On 12/26/2018 at 12:25 AM, JimFlasch said:

Why all of a sudden am I getting an error message saying "Script error, "PSXDOOM.PK3:animdefs.txt" line 1799: Unknown texture SLIME04" when it's the same PSXDOOM.PK3 I've always used to play this mod and I've had no problems with it before? (GZDoom version is 3.6.0, which I downloaded when it first came out (10/10/2016), and it played PSXDOOM just fine as recently as December 10.)

Maybe you're playing with the wrong iwad? For some reason the PSX Doom TC ANIMDEFS lump defines the original animations for Doom 2 at the end, no idea what use it has, but I suppose you're loading the TC with Doom 1 instead of Doom 2 and that's why you're having problems.

On jeudi 20 décembre 2018 at 4:53 AM, CBTurtle said:

Can I modify PSXDOOM.PK3 to make it look for music files with conventional names? As I understand it, PSXDOOM.PK3 requires it's music files to have specific names (like D_PSX01.ogg) which are different than what the base games have, and this is why it won't load any other music mods and no other mods can use PSXTCMUS.PK3. But is this really necessary?

Extract the MAPINFO file, edit it (it's a text file) to change the music lump each level refers to, and then load that custom mapinfo.txt file on top of the other files when playing the TC.

Responding to CoTeCiO's post above - when I went back and checked, lo and behold, Doom Explorer WAS for some reason trying to load PSX Doom with DOOM.WAD! Once I reset it to use DOOM2.WAD, everything was fine. I have no idea how it got reset to use DOOM.WAD - I just know it had DOOM2.WAD to begin with. Thanks, though.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:27 PM, Gez said:

Extract the MAPINFO file, edit it (it's a text file) to change the music lump each level refers to, and then load that custom mapinfo.txt file on top of the other files when playing the TC.

I don't see a MAPINFO in PSXDOOM.PK3. There's a ZMAPINFO, but it doesn't seem to match up with either the usual music filenames or the PSXTCMUS versions. Instead of associating MAP01 with D_E1M1 or D_PSX01, it looks for "$MAPMUS_1".

(It's entirely possible I'm completely misunderstanding something.)