Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Just now, famicommander said:

I have tried every setting. Doom Software renderer, truecolor renderer, hardware accelerated, etc. 

No matter what, I can only see a short distance in front of me unless there is a major light source in the room, as the screen shots above show.

I am assuming the .bat file that comes with the .pk3 files makes some kind of modifications that fix this, but since I can't run the .bat on Linux file I just started the .pk3 files in GZDoom.

Set it to hardware accelerated and then play with the Sector Light Mode settings.

Question. When I am playing this, I can switch weapons as normal but once I pick up a weapon left behind, I cannot cycle thru any other weapons I have. 

So if I am using a pistol and pick up a dropped shotgun, I cannot switch back to the pistol.

I'm using GZDoom 3.8.2 (I believe, it lists as legacy in the Delta Touch app) 

So, using Delta Touch with a bluetooth controller. 

Any ideas why this would happen? 

If screenshots are needed for wad layout or video of proof, let me know and I can add them.

So since the customizer exe gives me a Game_info error upon using it, I'm setting up a file with either a batch file or Doomie, to get the set up based on the normal batch file, what pk3s/wads do I need to load, apart from PSXLoad and whatever in the customizer, and what order do I put them in? I'm doing trial and error with a seperate install to test the customizer but I don't know the rest of the PK3s

EDIT: So one quirk I notice while playing around with this, is if I enable "PC Monster Speed" (Revenant Speed) or "PC weapon Key" (3 for both shotguns), the Archvile is no longer spawnable via Summon psxarchvile, the stealth version works but the regular one just doesn't work anymore

Edited by Korvaki102

On vendredi 6 septembre 2019 at 4:12 AM, Welfare Prodigy said:

Question. When I am playing this, I can switch weapons as normal but once I pick up a weapon left behind, I cannot cycle thru any other weapons I have.  

So if I am using a pistol and pick up a dropped shotgun, I cannot switch back to the pistol.

Typical symptoms of improperly made weapon slots.

Are you using any other mod in addition?

I heard the PSX ports of D2 and FD had some pretty good oc Maps.

I've thought about adding them into a WAD with the PC Levels for my own use.

@Gez no mods just the pk3 files. Also if I just load the TC.pk3 I can switch weapons as normal. 

It's when I add the other TC files, like the PSX logo, Lost.pk3 etc. It will initially let me switch weapons whether using IDKFA or not, if I use the SSG and kill a sargent and move over to pick up the shotgun, it switches the to the shotgun and I cannot switch weapons, and only if I pick up a new weapon can I use it; but still cannot switch weapons. 

Here's some screenshots of the files, I don't use them all and don't understand why there are so many and what (some) of the functions they are meant for. 

Apologies, I'm only a Doom gamer, never created anything and up until a couple years ago have I started using different wads/mods. Most of my Doom experience has been on console only.

Screenshot_20190908-111743_ES File Explorer.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-111823_ES File Explorer.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-111851_ES File Explorer.jpg

Edited by Welfare Prodigy

Load these extras just one at a time, make a note of which ones work and which ones break the weapons.

@Gez what is the reason for all the extra pk3s if the main pk3 will do what you are wanting it to do?

I understand the lost, NRFTL, SSG but what are all the other one's for? 

I did that actually and using only the main pk3 will not interfere with weapon selection. So if I run the lost levels in any order, before or after the main pk3, it will do that in either UD, II, Master Levels, TNT, Plutiona, Lost Levels.

I also ran just the main pk3 and only adding the brutal bolognese mod and weapon selection was fine, am I right in thinking it is either the Lost Levels addon and or the PS1 and title screens? 

I don't know, I didn't develop the TC, don't have it installed currently, and haven't played it in years.

The LOGO is for the intro IIRC. PSXLOST, LOSTMUS and LOSTVOICE are for the PSXified conversions of the PC levels missing from the official PSX version, with music and voice-acting for the intermission text.

I have no idea what the psxnr* are about.

Honestly I'd suppose your weapon issues are caused by either PSXFDSSG or PSXORSSG, but I don't know.

@Gez thank you for the help, it's very much appreciated!

I'll just stick with the main TC file for now and will reach out to the creator too.

When I have free time I like to read forums on here about wads/mods, it's very interesting. I do everything on mobile but want to invest in a good desktop or laptop and mess around with all this. 

Even tho I've played Doom for its entire existence, I've missed out on all of this in that time frame too.

So one thing I notice after messing around with the customizer mods, is if I use the PCSPEED.pk3 (the one that adjusts monster speeds like the Revenant) and PCSPDKEY.pk3 (SSG/Shotgun in slot 3), that messes up the archvile and it won't be spawn-able via it's actor name PSXarchvile, it works as long as neither are enabled, (Not sure if they spawn on any map, like the Lost Levels so I don't know if it breaks that)

I keep getting this error when I launch PSXDOOMTX.exe

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 2: Expected identifier but got ',' instead

11 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

This mod is severely obsolete due to the newly released GEC port of PSX Doom for GZDoom:

Not if you plan on playing in multiplayer.

1 hour ago, CoTeCiO said:

Not if you plan on playing in multiplayer.

True, but there are inaccuracies in this TC (lots of colored lighting errors for example) which doesn't make it feel like a true PSX Doom experience the GEC version is doing (and eventually StationDoom)

2 hours ago, RedSwirl said:

I only just recently got interested in PSX doom. What's the latest version of this mod?

The latest version of this mod is 2.135. If I'm not wrong, it can only run in old GZDoom versions.

GEC's GZDoom Master Edition runs a PK3 with all of PSXDoom content.

Take it as a personal update to the TC.

Anyway, play both if you want.

Hello! I seem to have a problem. I forgot to say that I managed to fix the music issue (but for some reason the "Secret Found" cue sound is missing, I wonder why), but my problem this time resides in the pistol simply being missing. Doomguy's hand and pistol are simply not there, I can shoot and all, but there is no muzzle, no sprites, no model, nothing. Every other weapon works wonders. What happened?

I'm probably going to update both the thread title and main post of this TC to reflect it's overall legacy status and direct people over to the GEC Master Edition thread. I've noticed that doing a Google search for "PSX Doom TC" still brings this thread up as a first result instead of GEC's Master Edition. While they are technically two different things, I think that this is unfair to any newbies to be automatically directed to an older TC that causes all sorts of headaches to get up and running. It's also pretty unfair to the GEC team to have all their hard work glossed over in favor of an older outdated TC as well.

Of course I'll leave all the original download links for this TC in the main post for anyone that wishes to still use it, but I think it's pretty safe to say that we won't be seeing any more major updates for this TC.

I've gone and updated a Steam guide I made for trying to get the old TC working to reflect this is no longer being updated and being replaced in favor of GEC's Master Edition.

Lost levels are one reason because this mod is still worth. Gec project looks abandoned too 😅 I don't see any progress there, lost levels on new projects look light years away.

1 hour ago, afskull said:

Lost levels are one reason because this mod is still worth. Gec project looks abandoned too 😅 I don't see any progress there, lost levels on new projects look light years away.

That's because the lost levels are being done in the GEC Master Edition on PSX first, and then they'll get backported to DZDoom (which is what the GEC Master Edition on PC will be renamed to eventually).

There's not much progress on the PC side since Erick's focus has been elsewhere (like reverse-engineering the engine).

So i did a research of one of the ultimate doomers wads, starting with fragport in PSX Format, Starting with SpaceBorune.

Here is a thumbnail of what it looks like

SOOKWna.png

Edited by RonLivingston

Hello, I like psx doom music "Credits & Demo". Is there a way to make it play while playing some map? I know it can be done by typing "idmus **" for examle but there is no credits map, just titlemap(which combines credits after the intro but it also plays titlemap music before the credits).

You can use the changemus console command. I think the music name you want is D_CRDTS.

Hi!

So happy to play again PSX Doom with Delta Touch features!!

Thx for your work ;)

Just a question,

This PSXDOOM release has interresting start up "Williams" logo :

https://mega.nz/file/R4gRRapB#aqzV_PF4yaVTzDeM1MbRgBszjB5X3kqE4tH43R1fwjw

Is it possible to create .pk3  Williams logo? Like PSXlogo.pk3?

Thx for your help!

Have a good day!

PSXDOOM.PK3_(1).zip