Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Sodaholic said:

Lastly, anyone know of any good utilities to open PSXDOOM.WAD? It's certainly not in PC compatible format.

Try using Slade.

Sodaholic said:

It's the main resource file on the disc, contains sprites, textures, stuff like that.

Nice work Sodaholic. As for the whole PSXDOOM.WAD, I'm thinking that maybe you should contact fenderc (author of the original PSX Doom TC). He should probably have some knowledge of the PSXDOOM core wad, if it is the same one that PSX Doom used, which is what I'm guessing.

Omnipotus said:

Here's a GUI version that might be more compatible with you Vista users: http://www.mediafire.com/?k35y8z8zyk8xtcx

It works fine for me now on Vista. Thanks for going out of your way to make this for me Omnipotus.

I'd be in favor of this being a community project. I don't think I'll be able to colorize any of the levels, unless someone is willing to give me a tutorial on how to do it. I'll update the first post in the thread if anyone wants to start on calling maps to colorize.

any luck with the colorization? Hope this doesn't seem to disappear since the levels have finally been converted when it seems most people thought it wasn't possible.

Also, if it does get finished and uses the psx doom tc as a base, it would be cool if the final doom levels could be selectable episodes along side the original psx ones so it could be one complete psx doom tc instead of two separate one.

Ideally the converter could also handle the colorization if it converted to UDMF instead of normal Doom format maps. Alternatively, you could handle it like the PSX TC does now and add a 1XXX tag to each sector, where XXX is the number of the entry in the LIGHTS lump. Then you just need to make an ACS library to color the sectors based on those tags.

I really want to see this finished.

The 1xxx tag system also sounds like a good solution. Still not sure whether to go with UDMF or Hexen format though...

I still have those converted maps somewhere, even though I never released them. Does anyone want them released? I'll try to find them if you guys do want them.

Hi guys, am sort of new to this, Iv been messing about with map01 "attack", just wondering if am on the right path?

I used fpsxmapconv on the Map01.rom, then wad2udmf.
then scripted all the colored lighting values produced by fpsxmapconv and tagged them to there sectors using doom builder 2.
Plugged it in to fenderc01's psxDoomTC as MAP60 and all appears good.

However I compared it to a psx final doom map01 video on youtube and the colors seem stronger on the PlayStation.

Here's a title sequence, I tried to get as close to the PSX version as possible, but I still can't get into the final doom wad on the disc, so I had to improvise.

Am not happy with the background fire, I had to use the fire sky cause I couldn't find a good loop point in the original title fire sequence.

there's only level 1 so far, but if any one else has got finished levels feel free to chuck em in.

Its a modified version of fenderc01's PSXTC and the colored lighting is id tag based using the LIGHTING.ACS in the ACS folder just as Dragonsbrethren's suggested above.

So lob it into GZdoom and let me know what use think.
http://www.mediafire.com/?24847t326nzhx76

title pic
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=q3614xeo5yc3mzk

ScottGray said:

Here's a title sequence, I tried to get as close to the PSX version as possible, but I still can't get into the final doom wad on the disc, so I had to improvise.

Am not happy with the background fire, I had to use the fire sky cause I couldn't find a good loop point in the original title fire sequence.

there's only level 1 so far, but if any one else has got finished levels feel free to chuck em in.

Its a modified version of fenderc01's PSXTC and the colored lighting is id tag based using the LIGHTING.ACS in the ACS folder just as Dragonsbrethren's suggested above.

So lob it into GZdoom and let me know what use think.
http://www.mediafire.com/?24847t326nzhx76

title pic
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=q3614xeo5yc3mzk

Sweet, I'm going to try it out as soon as I can but is it compatable with the lastest GZDOOM?

Good stuff so far, btw if you need the Dark Super Shotgun skin i'm sure scalliano has it as he used it for Threshold Of Pain :P

Thanks for the feedback guys.

http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom/download.
Avoozl I tried it with Version 1.5.06 and it works fine, I think that’s the latest. vinnie245 I forgot the super shotgun was a bit different in this version, ill look into scalliano's Threshold Of Pain.

What we really need is a way to rip the textures and graphics from the main PSXDOOM.WAD file, there a few missing when walking through some of the other maps. I’m hoping Omnipotus can help us with that.

Awesome work ScottGray. I'm glad to see that my determination has finally paid off and we might finally see a TC. :)

If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact me. I'd be more than willing to give some assistance where ever I can.

fenderc01 I would love a look at the extra resources you talked about.
If you extracted them from the FinalDoom PSX disc I think that will solve our missing texture issues. If not we need to find a way of reading that weird ass wad.

If you run it using the plutonia or TNT wad instead of the doom2 wad it fills in some of the textures, so the texture names must be similar but I don't think that’s what we are after if we want to keep it as close to the PSX as we can.

Here is an update.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?czjp4adsazz2zu6
It's all The Master levels converted from the FinalDoom psx disc, the color lighting is in place, but there’s some textures missing.
There was a tag out of place in map02 that caused some weird stuff, but i haven’t checked the rest so there could be more, It would be cool if you all could have a stroll through them and let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks very much for all your support.

As I said, great work so far!

@fender: If you have the Final Doom textures I'd really appreciate if you'd send them my way too as I may be able to make use of them in ToP2.

Also:

Courtesy of Rez.

I haven't played the later alpha yet, but I found a problem with the mug. When you're in the 60-79% health range and the mug looks to HIS left, the nosebleed is gone.

I'm not sure if ScottGray saw my PM or not, but I sent over a copy of my tweaks to the original TC. I'm about to upload a new version, probably tomorrow since it's getting pretty late; I'll PM it to both of you.

I agree that combining the TCs into one, either via an optional add-on (you could make the Final Doom add-on automatically load the normal TC via gameinfo) or just by including all of the resources in one file would be the best option. No sense in duplicating everything. The combining idea probably isn't a good one if there are going to be any resource conflicts, though.

well there will definitely be a couple with the hud and super shotgun textures unless you just use the final doom versions for the whole thing (Which im fine with, i prefer the final doom versions)
With all the music tracks i imagine it's gonna be quite a big file size too :P

I vote for combining everthing into one package; using Final Doom HUD and fonts. I would keep the original title screen since it all falls under the Doom heading and not the other way around. I am almost positive there are no texture name conflicts. Also, I can host the link on my original "PlayStation Doom TC" forum topic and list this as version 2.0 beta 1. I'm sure I missed something, but those are some of my suggestions.

vinnie245 said:

well there will definitely be a couple with the hud and super shotgun textures unless you just use the final doom versions for the whole thing (Which im fine with, i prefer the final doom versions)
With all the music tracks i imagine it's gonna be quite a big file size too :P

PSX Final Doom only has 10 extra music tracks, the rest are recycled from PSX Doom, so it shouldn't be that much bigger.

I am also in favour of combining the mod, keeping the original title screen, but perhaps modifying it to include the Final Doom part of the credit roll. Just a thought.