Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

PC Doom vs. Doom 64: Which had creepier gore visuals?

_bruce_ said:

Pretty cool because it feels they're cursed by agyptian gods.

Interestingly enough, ancient Egyptian themes were actually one of the original concepts of Doom 64, I heard.

Dunno why, but Satanic themes tickle my fancy more than Egyptian ones. I guess 'cuz Satanic iconography is inherently more "evil" when you live in a predominately Christian society.

It's been a while since I've played Doom 64 (and/or the TC), so I can't decide.

Then again, I never really paid any attention to the gory visuals.

PC Doom was definitely the gorier one with its numerous visages of how demons treat their guests. Or the logical conclusion of how a human body ends up when it meets serious firepower. I don't remember the game being too creepy, except for the Icon of Sin. That would be the one for me, surrounded by waterfalls of green, and one pissed off looking cybernetic-goat-demon spitting demons out of his forehead. Then again, gore doesn't really creep me out.

Although Doom64 apparently have the number of gory visuals PC Doom had, it was undoubtedly more disturbing for me. The death animations were more vivid, and the energetic music was replaced with nihilistic ambiance and inhumane groans of the damned, which happens to include babies. The level designs fit more to my general ideas of what Hell would be. Then there's those massive red/blue/green flames in the sky that reach towards a black abyss, going to show how deep you've gone.

For me..
PC Doom - Gorier visuals
Doom64 - Creepier visuals

I can't help but like Doom 64 more for everything it has over that of the same type of stuff the original Doom has.