Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkfusion

Beastiary with latin names etc.

I remember that somewhere on the internet there is a doom beastiary with their latin names, living environments etc...

It was very detailed and described how the demons lived in hell etc.

I'm sure that someone knows what that site was?

Thanks!

EDIT:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Get it here

You mean that text from doom2.net?

Cacodemon: Aetherpila Grandisbucca
Lost Soul / Pain Elemental: Aetherpila Brutusoscaputa
Imp: Ferecercopsa Acerartusa
Hell Knight: Satyrus Arenaceuscolorarea
Baron of Hell: Satyrus Rubercolorarea
Demon: Demenstaurusa Communisa Demenstaurusa
Archvile: Ardereignusa Homoluminus

The site is down, but I saved the text long time ago because I found it interesting. Should I post the whole 8 pages here? Or would we have to contact the original author(s) first?

darkfusion said:

Here they are if anyone wants them :) I edited the files to point to the local folder and removed that wayback machine bar on top.

Well D'oh, removed? :-/

PM me with a new temporary link and I'll provide an online browsable mirror.

Tetzlaff said:

You mean that text from doom2.net?

The site is down, but I saved the text long time ago because I found it interesting. Should I post the whole 8 pages here? Or would we have to contact the original author(s) first?

What exactly is missing here? Wayback machine archived monsters.html and every page for every monster listed in there.

Well, just in case I mirrored the actual browsable HTML files -almost- as darkfusion gave them to me, with just a minor change as to make monsters.html into index.html.

You can enjoy them here in their original splendor (?) and without the butchering that other rip-offs mirrors have introduced: Bestiary Mirror.

N.B. this is not a complete mirror of the former doom2.net, just the bestiary pages after a best-effort retrieval by the wayback machine and darkfusion's packaging. If it was something else on doom2.net you were looking for, tough luck ;-)

Edit: Heh, these pages could seriously use some copy-editing. The grammar is really terrible at time, but as this is simply a preservation attempt, I won't take action towards that direction for now.