Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Memorial by Eternal

This kicks ass. I played until Map06 then fell in a lava deathpit and diddnt type idclip fast enuff (lol). Will continue later. I love how this feels like "Doom2 Hard Mode"

Just when I thought all the cool ideas have been done, something genius like this gets made. Downloading now. This sounds like it could really rock for co-op. This could start a new trend.

EDIT: cool! Love the transitions.

This is awesome. I'm not done playing it yet but will definitely finish this another day. I have a gameplay video that I will post on Youtube in the next few days at the latest.

The most notable bug I found with this was the invisible wall glitch. I start seeing this around the 5th level where bullets do go through enemies but projectiles will.

I didn't get the invisible wall glitch in latest prboom-plus. I did get sick of The Memory Remains tho, jeeeez

Doomguy 2000 said:

This is awesome. I'm not done playing it yet but will definitely finish this another day. I have a gameplay video that I will post on Youtube in the next few days at the latest.

The most notable bug I found with this was the invisible wall glitch. I start seeing this around the 5th level where bullets do go through enemies but projectiles will.

As noted above, you need to play this with latest prboom-plus in Boom 2.02 compatibility. No problems for me.

Does anybody know how to get into Wolfenstein? I kept trying other possibilities to get in but doesn't seem to work well for me. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

You know what I am reporting this as a bug since the lift in the secret exit when you pass the white teleporter is supposed to lower all of the way down. Instead it lowers I would guess 8 units per linedef pass.

This could be fixed if the action is repeatable.

Confirmed if after crossing line 14393, then walking around sector 2278 ( not walking over at least 2 of lines 14394 > 14397 ), then activating line 16662. Player now cannot access both wolfenstein and grosse. Is this a bug or intentional ?

Actually, Doomguy 2000's issue might be separate from this ...

Well here a gameplay video like I promised. Now I combined this with Doomguy's Warzone to make this wad more challenging. Plus I wanted to make a gameplay video with more of the Tourettes Demon in action.

How the hell do you get in MAP31? I walked over the "teleporter" which revealed a section, but it's blocked off by a wall that won't go down whatever i do!

killer2 said:

How the hell do you get in MAP31? I walked over the "teleporter" which revealed a section, but it's blocked off by a wall that won't go down whatever i do!

I do not know why it does not work in zdoom (even with boom strict compatibility). No problems with prboom. Will see later.

entryway said:

I do not know why it does not work in zdoom (even with boom strict compatibility). No problems with prboom. Will see later.

Ah so it was a bug? I thought it needed some secret niche or something. Will just noclip then (when I get to revisit that area, that is. I am stuck and need a red skull)

entryway said:

I think this is the final release:
http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/memorial.zip

@entryway

I think not ...

1. The silent teleport from lines 10863 to 10851 is now even more noticeable, and T2851 is badly placed, as it can appear/disappear when looking at it if it has not been picked up when crossing said lines.

2. Sector 4558 needed a torch the same as sector 4482. Silent teleport effect is somewhat ruined without it.

3. The silent teleport from lines 14444 to line 14466 was still noticeable.

4. A doom oversight I forgot to mention before ... sectors 3993 and 3751 should have been the same size as sectors 3997 and 3994.

I have fixed all of these. If you would like me to post a link here or via PM just let me know.

Haven't downloaded this yet, but what a fascinating concept! Is it possible to revisit completed maps? Being able to freely run back and forth between levels would be awesome.

I've only played up to MAP05 since I got it and is as fun as the idea seems. The only thing I'm not too fond of are the old Metallica midi files that haunted me in 1994 wads IMO, although I only played a few levels.

It does open up some interesting new challenges such as UV with no saves. Even though its wishful thinking, I can't stop thinking how insane it'd be if TNT compressed Eternal Doom into one map.

hawkwind said:

1. The silent teleport from lines 10863 to 10851 is now even more noticeable, and T2851 is badly placed, as it can appear/disappear when looking at it if it has not been picked up when crossing said lines.

2. Sector 4558 needed a torch the same as sector 4482. Silent teleport effect is somewhat ruined without it.

3. The silent teleport from lines 14444 to line 14466 was still noticeable.

4. A doom oversight I forgot to mention before ... sectors 3993 and 3751 should have been the same size as sectors 3997 and 3994

Updated: http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/memorial.zip

Hey I found a way to fix the Wolfenstein problem. You know that sector with the tag of 481? Raise the ceiling height by 8 making the height 120 and the floor 112. If you can do that then that will be good enough for me. Plus the wall will look the same regardless. Plus when you step on the teleporter the ceiling will lower down like normal instead of moving down 8 unit per linedef pass.

Doomguy 2000 said:

Hey I found a way to fix the Wolfenstein problem. You know that sector with the tag of 481? Raise the ceiling height by 8 making the height 120 and the floor 112. If you can do that then that will be good enough for me. Plus the wall will look the same regardless. Plus when you step on the teleporter the ceiling will lower down like normal instead of moving down 8 unit per linedef pass.

It still does not work? If it doesn't, then no wolfenstein levels in ZDoom, just that.

With the exception of some Lost Souls being stuck in each other - Medium and Hard - at sector 461 and stuck Spectres at sector 2567 - also Medium and Hard - all serious bugs seem to now have been quashed.

@Doomguy 2000... You can get to the wolfenstien level with zdoom, albeit not as straighforward as Boom. Just keep trying different approaches. It does work, I tried.

I love this, great transitions there.

Would love if there was a harder difficulty setting, especially on the late levels, as they have been less changed. (:

hawkwind said:

With the exception of some Lost Souls being stuck in each other - Medium and Hard - at sector 461 and stuck Spectres at sector 2567 - also Medium and Hard - all serious bugs seem to now have been quashed

Fixing these 'bugs' will ruin gameplay, especially on map17. Those spectres must be stuсked

Also I think we should 'fix' Pain Elementals on map09 via dehacked. They should not spawn lost souls there (usually). Lost souls on submap09 annoy a lot.

entryway said:

Fixing these 'bugs' will ruin gameplay, especially on map17. Those spectres must be stucked

Rubbish ! You would rather attack monsters that cannot attack you and cannot move ?

entryway said:

Also I think we should 'fix' Pain Elementals on map09 via dehacked. They should not spawn lost souls there (usually). Lost souls on submap09 annoy a lot.

Why fix them with dehacked? Would that also ruin gameplay? If they are a problem just reduce their numbers.

You could instead use dehacked to fix the hanging height of Thing Type 61. There are 6 altogether. Two good examples are found at sector 4251 and 4338 (T7878 and T7888 respectively).

Walk and look towards them in both prboom+ and glboom+ and notice the difference.

hawkwind said:

If they are a problem just reduce their numbers.

No. Pain Elementals never attacked me on map09 for 18 years. So they should not in Memorial.