Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What was the longest time you've spent with editing?

Just for interesting. What was the longest time you've spent with editing without taking any break? Editing means map making, playtesting and SLADE/XWe/etc. file editing now.

My longest time was maybe 2 or 3 hours. After that, I can't build any useful and/or nice stuff.

If I can juggle map making and Slade 3 scripting, then I can go on for awhile, but I can only go about 2 hours of pure mapping / 1 hour of scripting with no breaks from either.

I think I had spent the entire winter vacation a few years ago, just making Doom/Hexen/Strife (alternating) maps. Even so, I couldn't finish any of the maps, so I don't think I'll repeat this practice. Not that I have time anyway.

32in24-11 I was mapping for about 12-13 hours in the end, but that did include a few breaks for meals, etc.

Longest continuous stint editing for me can't be longer than about 6 hours, as I'd need stop for food or drink at some point near that time, which would mean getting up to go and get it at the very least.

A couple-few hours at the most, but I usually always take some small breaks to eat/drink or check the tv or walk the dogs, etc.

The most I worked was probably when I made chips19.wad. I was very nervous because I was moving to a new city, so I mapped for 11 days and almost only took breaks to eat/sleep/walk dogs.

If we we're ignoring 5-minute bathroom trips, or going to the fridge for something to drink or eat... um... 12 hours? Back when I was still in high school, I could sit down on the weekend in the basement and keep mapping until the sun went down. In fact, that's what made it so easy back then to count up the number of hours I spent on a particular map.

Nowadays though, it's hard for me to spend more than 30 minutes mapping without getting distracted by something, or taking a nap, or a break, or whatever.

Gee I dunno. I rarely have the time to do it but if I did I'm sure I could map and create textures and modify dehacked patches and test PWADs for 18 hours straight until i need to sleep. I'm kind of a workaholic, especially if the job isn't very taxing on my energy. Sometimes when I get started on something I won't quit until its done because all my ideas are fresh in my mind and I'd hate to lose them by watching TV or going out for a while. Many of the maps I made were praised for being done so fast but the 6-10 hours it took to make them were often in a single day.

Lately I've only been budgeting a few hours a day to work on Doom stuff so that I can work full time and spend more time with my girlfriend. I've been able to get by it by remembering to write down notes and draw pictures of map layouts in a notepad.

I'm pretty sure I've spent over 12 hours on a few occasions mapping (usually for 32in24). With breaks, of course.

If you check the build time for almost everything I released on /idgames (except UAC Ultra), they're all 11 hours or less

Ok, just spent 5 hours straight working with Slade 3 trying to figure out why my textures weren't working properly.