Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Premonition - New Anti-(intelligence)Piracy Video

I would have thrown this video in the stealing software thread, but it's closed and the IP Act thread doesn't really concern this, either.

Almost as crazy as suggesting piracy enablers are terrorist supporters, we now have a video that equates piracy buyers to supporters of drugs, job loss, child exploitation, and gang wars.

Now, would you steal a car?

You can't help but laugh at these.

Uh, who the hell buys counterfeit games or movies from some insalubrious vendor on the street anymore?

On a related note. In the days of VHS piracy, before the internet really took off and long before DVD, there was a more sensible British anti-piracy advert explaining that if you bought a pirated VHS the quality would be fucking shit. It didn't try to claim you were supporting murderers and drug lords or guilt trip you into making you think you supported child labour. If I find it I'll come back with it.

EDIT: Here we go:-

ironicly, that guy in the film who sold that copied film dont have acess to any work so that is what he have to do to make his living.

so you would like to let this guy starve on the street by giving that money for your film to WernerBros or some other big company who can hire some profecionall 3D artist?

.. or you let that guy in that small shop have something to eat for the day?

tricky huh?

Gosh, I hope I'm not the cause of US Government officials shipping arms to Mexican druglords. :/

are they seriously telling us that piracy has anything to do with gangster buissnies? are people really so dumb and ignorant that they buy this piece of shit message?

soon schools will be the new bad guys behind piracy because you copy info some one tells you to your own memory in your poor little braaaiiiiooouuuun su u caunt leaurn huw tu spull und count pruperly uuurrfff flbrbrlbrlbrlblbll-l-l-l-l-l by the day America becomes brain dead fucking nation knell by my ability to fucking type this post jesus maria bookworm of bad writers and pissed off prick law writers.

(yea sure I came off myself a little but things like these make one angry)

Being listening to Wesley Willis again, D_GARG?

bytor said:

Gosh, I hope I'm not the cause of US Government officials shipping arms to Mexican druglords. :/

Fast and Furious.

Maes said:

Being listening to Wesley Willis again, D_GARG?

not ... quite
but its a good guess :D

Doomhuntress said:

so apparently i'm a drug addict, then.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY HASHISH?!!

lol addicted to hash ;p But yeah, this shit is just stupid, as stupid as the "smoke weed and you go gay for your brother" MTV PSA bullshit. What's scarier is the amount of lies/disinformation they spread that aren't as overt. That's why I'm glad we have the internet and access to peer-reviewed journals.

I pirated a copy of FEAR3 and when I stepped outside I saw a starving child smoking a crack pipe get dragged into a sweat shop then get shot by gang bangers as soon as he came back out. This shit's real people.