Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Khorus' Speedy Shit demos [-complevel 2]

Post your demos for Khorus' Speedy Shit here. This is a vanilla Doom2 megawad, so if using prboom-plus, then -complevel 2 is recommended. The suggested naming convention is khxx-yyy.lmp, where xx is the level number and yyy is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM or Pacifist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I'd start a demo thread for this great megawad.

Here's an almost-reality of map 01 of kssht.wad

I don't know if a true reality is possible with that slime pit the way it's situated.

Enjoy.

ksht01.zip

MAP 21 pacifist in 13 seconds.

I managed to get in on this easy one before anyone else. A winner is me!

EDIT: Bollocks, accidentally recorded it on complevel 9. Let me make a new one.

Well it looks like after deleting the attachment in the previous post I couldn't upload a new one, so I'll have to post again, sorry.

MAP21 pacifist in 13 seconds, this time in complevel 2. As you can see this record is so hard to get it took me forever to get it again :p

This one was almost a reality too, were it not for a single chaingunner shot near the end.

kssht21-pacifist-melon-13s.zip

Melon said:

MAP21 pacifist in 13 seconds, this time in complevel 2. As you can see this record is so hard to get it took me forever to get it again :p

Oh, really? Improving this only took me 3 minutes or so.

kh21p012.zip

Revved said:

Oh, really? Improving this only took me 3 minutes or so.

I was only joking, hence the :p (it took me about 5 minutes to get 13 again.) Very nicely done though.

MAP24 Pacifist in 8 seconds. Now here's one that might not be beatable (in whole seconds, this time is 8.97).

Unfortunately I'm now running low on easy pacifist maps. I might have to try a reasonably challenging one now (such as MAP04).

EDIT And I got whooped by Paska too. Damn.

kssht24-pacifist-melon-08s.zip

Map22 pacifist in 0:09. Sneaking in through the back door.

NOTE: This is the same demo I posted in the misc. thread. Andy, please use this demo as it uses the appropriate name.

kh22p009.zip

MAP 27 UVSpeed in 30 seconds. Contained within is a bonus Pacifist in 36 seconds. The difference is that the UVSpeed uses an archvile jump shortcut while the pacifist does not (too hard to survive, I tried hundreds of times, and that is not an overestimate).

kssht27-uvspeed-melon-30s.zip

Hey guys how do you figure out the exact length of the demo. I mean as 8.xx seconds. Here's my demo of map 24. It's pacifist in 8.xx seconds. Could someone find out how fast it is? Forgot to mention that there's a failed demo first then the successful one.

kh24p008.zip

Cacatou said:

Hey guys how do you figure out the exact length of the demo. I mean as 8.xx seconds. Here's my demo of map 24. It's pacifist in 8.xx seconds. Could someone find out how fast it is? Forgot to mention that there's a failed demo first then the successful one.

Either you can use the alternate hub and pay close attention to when the level ends, or what might be easier, use the command line -levelstat to get out a text file (also called levelstat) detailing the exact time each level was finished.

Your time was 8.89.

Paska said:

Map24 pacifist in 0:06

(Check out how fast that door opens :)

Whaaat the fuuuck? This so fast! Incredible!

wuuuut. I remember not reaching that in testing. :p

Incredible demos all! Great to see people figure out the routes I stuffed in, and others I had no idea were there!

Paska said:

Map05 pacifist in 0:03

Ha, nice. I pressed this switch the same way during my first playthrough but I never guessed it didn't need the red key.

Well I can barely break 7 seconds on map 24 so here's map 28 instead in 54 seconds. The demo has around 10 failed attempts before the successful one and is 4:11 long. I'm trying map 30 in less than 40 seconds but it's hard.

kh28-054.zip

Map 30 UV-Speed 0:38 (Also Pacifist!)

There's a slim chance that this is a pacifist too, but I don't know how to use -trace_thingshealth. That spectre probably takes damage from a rocket blast.

kh30-038.zip

Paska said:

Map 30 UV-Speed 0:38

There's a slim chance that this is a pacifist too, but I don't know how to use -trace_thingshealth. That spectre probably takes damage from a rocket blast.

You need to open the map in an editor, figure out the index number of the spectre that may or may not be damaged, then put "-trace_thingshealth <index>" in the command line.

Or just wait until someone does it for you.

I opened the map editor and the highest thing ID is 77 or something around that.
Problem is obviously that I don't know what ID that spectre has because it's one being spawned from cube and I don't know if every shot and revenant rocket smoke is calculated as a thing ID and so on.

Edit: Thanks TimeOfDeath. It helped. It's pacifist :)

Creaphis said:

Or just wait until someone does it for you.

Creaphis, you lazy...

An easier way to verify pacifist demo is via "trace_givendamage" option. It was introduced in 2.5.0.6.

1. Look for player's thing ID
I open DB, search for "thing type" = 1 (player 1 start), it gives 0 for MAP30.

prboom-plus -file kssht -playdemo kh30-038 -trace_givendamage 0
The display shows 0/0. On the left is last damage given, on the right - total. It stayed 0/0 until the end, so it's a valid pacifist. Congrats!

Note #1:
- Damage "given" to barrels counts as well

Note #2:
- Of course, you may put any monster ID as well after the command

Note #3:
- For another example, see "Doom speed archive returns!", page 10 (post 05/01/10, sorry, giving url fails me). That time this check resulted in "fail" (non-pacifist). It was via "trace_thinghshealth", but anyone can recheck it... Player's ID for cchest2, MAP01 is 1, so -trace_givendamage 1.

As for -trace_thingshealth, I also don't know if it is of any use against spawned mosters, including lost souls created by PEs.