Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

zdaemon/csdoom servers

Anyone noticed a massive raise in the time it takes to refresh servers? Taking about 1 minute to refresh for me now?

Yeah, the past few days there has been some odd stuff, web pages which usually load really fast now hanging up at 90%, email not sending for some reason. Our zdaemon servers worked fine though, once you joined. Is that logical, to wonder if there is something "systemic" which is altering internet communication, or is that simply not possible?

Well, you can always run a traceroute program to find out where you are losing time. And with the ZDaemon server list, I can say it has been running a lot smoother lately. The master server for ZDaemon is being run in two T1s now. I can't say much for CSdoom, cause I don't use it. There were 26 ZDaemon servers yesterday, that could be why it would take so long.

Yeh I use IDE which checks cs and zd, running them seperate seems to indicate bottleneck is in csdoom servers

Personally, I'm on AOL as most people who know me already knew about this and this is always massive interruptios during refreshing servers from either Zdaemon master server or Csdoom master server. When it happens, it most definitely results as not refreshing any servers at all or the launchers don't show upon the screen.

I'm not so sure how great the quality of the stablity of zdaemon master server is, however, I know it might have been better if it has greater, reliable suporters behind. Over Quake3 multiplaying community, there is Quake3world behind the heavy supporting of daily around 100-400 servers.

Funny...I'm on AO-Hell too, but I don't seem to be getting any problems....yet.

This is the first time that I've ever been on ZDaemon, so I might experience problems later.

Originally posted by Crendowing
Funny...I'm on AO-Hell too, but I don't seem to be getting any problems....yet.

until you start playing reguarly and your DM skills decrease.

Originally posted by deathwarrior
until you start playing reguarly and your DM skills decrease.

Hence the word "yet".

Care to elaborate? [edit] it's ok I see someone started a new thread on that subject[/edit] :)