Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DLRArchangel

not a speed run technically but cool?

technically speaking this run is not a speed run, it doesnt fit into any catagory. it's a survival run to me. a friend and i co-op doom all 3 episodes on nightmare skill, without dying, running through as fast as we can, but also killing everything in our paths. this post is part of my continued effort to expose these demos to other doom fans and get some feedback. here is a link to the first vid, check my other videos on youtube if you'd like to watch the others. please enjoy.

NOTE: the volume is way too loud on the recording. turn your volume down before watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To6nkpffDXI

Nicely done, but it's pretty much unwatchable because of the sound and constant f12. Maybe a reupload with fixed sound? Showing two players needs some video editing though. Of course, sharing demos would be best.

E: I forced myself to watch some more and it looks like you know the maps and have some planning going on. Well done! Where's 3rd episode?

Going to third that, demo files would be nice. I was genuinely interested in this but the high gamma setting ruined it for me.

if any of you guys who downloaded the lmps have any feedback posetive or negative i would enjoy hearing it. thank you for taking a look.

You guys seem to know quite precise where each other is because there's not much friendly fire. It's good co-operative playing.
When looked at speedrunners perspective, it's not slow nor fast. It seems to be a safe approach just to finish the episode and since it's nightmare, you can't play too passively either or monsters will respawn around. I'm sure you can make it much faster if you have the motivation for it.

I could see how you guys panicked in E2M8. Was it your first time there? :) I'm certain it was a relief after the cyber demon died.

hey paska thank you for the comments. yes, we panicked lol. i don't think it was our first time there but it was one of the first. we've only beaten that episode half a dozen times - sometimes the nerves get to you. i'm going to post our inferno run lmps today. please take a look. part of what makes doom such a great game to me is that things can go horribly wrong so quickly. its overcoming things like when the barrel explodes in e1m3 and nearly kills me that make it so satisfying.