Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyler23

Question about the Macworld 2001Doom Video.

Hello Guys,

Do you know of a version with a better video quality, instead of the poor 240p one wich is floating around in youtube for years? Or if this "Techdemo" was ever leaked? I still get exitetd when I watch this video:) And I still know exactly what it was like when I first saw it in 2001. How do you guys feel about this video today?

Best,

Tyler

I hope you're not asking for the leaked alpha. For some dumb reason, it's considered banworthy to ask or post alpha files, images or videos. But it only made sense around the time Doom 3 got released. I can understand that linking to alpha FILES might count as warez, but SHOWING them on youtube or screenshots? What are they, goatse? Let alone the fact that now there are mods which use some alpha resources (Trent Reznor sounds) in them, among some more legitimate stuff. Shall we AVOID linking to interesting mods, just because they contain a few of those sounds, even if it's easily recognizable they were modified from a common sound library?

If you're referring to another video that isn't considered the equivalent of Doom 3 goatse, ignore the paragraph

printz said:

I hope you're not asking for the leaked alpha. For some dumb reason, it's considered banworthy to ask or post alpha files, images or videos. But it only made sense around the time Doom 3 got released. I can understand that linking to alpha FILES might count as warez, but SHOWING them on youtube or screenshots? What are they, goatse? Let alone the fact that now there are mods which use some alpha resources (Trent Reznor sounds) in them, among some more legitimate stuff. Shall we AVOID linking to interesting mods, just because they contain a few of those sounds, even if it's easily recognizable they were modified from a common sound library?

If you're referring to another video that isn't considered the equivalent of Doom 3 goatse, ignore the paragraph

I hope you're not even talking about a buggy tech demo of a 7 year old game containing a few unpolished and unfinished maps that no one cares about anymore, except a handful of people interested in the development evolution of Doom 3 the Doom 3 alpha because that will result in an instant ban and the disconnection of your internet by your ISP. Possibly a prison sentence.

No I am not asking for the leaked E3 2002 Alpha! I think we all know the places to get it ;) I just asked for the video that was shown at the macworld 2001 in a better quality than the crappy one which is available on youtube for years now. That was the first ever shown Doom footage with our friend Birdman:). I just can't imagine that there isn't a better version laying around on someones harddrive:) It looked simply awesome back then and still does today.

That alpha thing confuses me, too. I mean, we all know what to type in and at what website, in order to see all the footage. Yet it's something to get butthurt about 'round these parts.

Considering the OP never mentioned the alpha, I am a little surprised that the thread revolves around the alpha. Oh wait, this is the d3 forums. The posts here somehow only decline in quality over time, despite most of the newfags that registered in 2004+ increasing in age and (generously) assuming in maturity. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

printz, I think you and geo would get along great.