Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know asking this may seem rather stupid, but does anyone here actually have any copies of the physical version of the game? I'm interested in hunting down a actual copy instead of just a virtual download. Not sure if anyone still has one or would be willing to separate with it, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Yeah, I always wanted to order this as well way back when. But I didn't have the means to do so. However, it's a very non fancy packaging and CD though. So it ads very little additional value to the game. At least at this point in time, when you wouldn't be supporting the developers anyway.

I don't even have it. I'd treasure it if I did. :P

Wonder how hard it would be to secure a copy these days...

Anyhow, I've actually been seriously tossing around the idea of doing a limited CD print of Hacx 2.0 (nothing fancy, just something simple like what Scuba did with AD2), although since the Hacx license explicitly forbids using any part of it for commercial purposes, it'd likely be as a free giveaway of some sort. Assuming I can fund it when the time comes 'round. :P

Xaser said:

Anyhow, I've actually been seriously tossing around the idea of doing a limited CD print of Hacx 2.0 (nothing fancy, just something simple like what Scuba did with AD2), although since the Hacx license explicitly forbids using any part of it for commercial purposes, it'd likely be as a free giveaway of some sort. Assuming I can fund it when the time comes 'round. :P

If shipping to NZ isn't super expensive I would definitely get one of these. Is it viable to do "donate X amount and receive a gift of Hacx 2.0 on disc"?

Xaser said:

How many of them where produced? I haven't really seen any copies of it floating around in a long time.

xvertigox said:

If shipping to NZ isn't super expensive I would definitely get one of these. Is it viable to do "donate X amount and receive a gift of Hacx 2.0 on disc"?

I'd be on board for this to, love to get ahold of something like this especially since I missed out when Action Doom II was being sold. That and I love hacX :p

Xaser said:

I wouldn't expect any hassles if it's done on a not-for-profit basis. You can add me to the list of interested parties.

@Nordevai - keep an eye on eBay, I've picked up all sorts of interesting stuff there.

Well it seems a lot of the past developers have shown an interest in Hacx 2.0, so it probably wouldn't be too difficult to get authorized to raise the money needed to run a press of a 1000 copies (about $1000 since 1000 copies seems to be the minimum). Then you could give a copy to everyone who donated and then have contests for the rest (still have about 800 left over though). Given EE support, the engine's license won't play a part in stopping this.

I guess since it was brought up I might as well mention it now. Nostromo sent me the files from the Hacx 1.0 CD. However, his backup of it has a corrupted HACX.9 file. Nostromo says he has the CD somewhere, but is unwilling to dig it up. So if anyone might have a copy I'm sure both of us would be interested.

I might be interested in a copy too. Anything even remotely Doom-related piques my interest.

Blzut3 said:

Well it seems a lot of the past developers have shown an interest in Hacx 2.0, so it probably wouldn't be too difficult to get authorized to raise the money needed to run a press of a 1000 copies (about $1000 since 1000 copies seems to be the minimum). Then you could give a copy to everyone who donated and then have contests for the rest (still have about 800 left over though).

What to do with the other 800 disks? Depending on the level of interest, archive quality printable or Lightscribe disks might be a more appropriate and cost effective choice.

GreyGhost said:

What to do with the other 800 disks? Depending on the level of interest, archive quality printable or Lightscribe disks might be a more appropriate and cost effective choice.

Well if we accept that Scuba Steve sold roughly 100 copies of urban brawl for $10 each "at cost" in that manner. Then no, that's not really any more cost effective. :p (Actually, I just have always wanted to order pressed discs for some reason.)

Just posting to say that if HacX 2.0 cds ever get released (and I really hope that they do) that I'd like to order a whole bunch of them for few for my friends who also have the same taste in classic PC games that I do, including a guy who writes reviews for a game site, and one for myself!