Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Doom's All Grown Up - 18 Years Well Spent!

My friend did this video for the 18th birthday. It's not English, but you don't have to understand it to laugh.

phobosdeimos1 said:

Seriously, if it wasn't for Doom and the ability to create Doom levels, I think i'd be dead.

If it wasn't for the WAD Editors then I'd probably be scribbling demons on paper, and/or writing poetry and fanfics. But fortunately, I've been doing bits of both as well as the mapping.
Mapping was and still is my favourite hobby, btw.

printz said:

I wonder how long (classic) Doom's popularity will last.

I can honestly see myself coming back to WAD files with either the GZDOOM or DoomsdayEngine for every single year of my life. It fills me with arrogance and pride, and I love that.

Anyways, DOOM is now a tall and proud adult while COD is just a pathetic toddler. GOML GOML GOML, pathetic COD. Yes.

P.S.: Valkiriforce's GIF totally reflects my mood.

18 Years.
Ported to almost everything.
Millions of Mods.
A still very lively community.

Doom is the definition of a timeless game.

Technician said:

Doom's no pussy foot, liberal, rich kid. He's going straight to WORK!

Not a chance. His ass is going straight to Parris Island Station, home of Space Marine Corps Recruit Depot.

Clonehunter said:

Happy Birthday Doom. You're 18. You're now Legal. Have some fun with Wolf 3D why don't you.

That's incest.

Clonehunter said:

Happy Birthday Doom. You're 18. You're now Legal. Have some fun with Wolf 3D why don't you.

Jimmy91 said:

That's incest.

Indeed. That's like asking a son to have an affair with his own mother.
It would be much better to say: "Have some fun with Duke3D". Cause that one is like a next door neighbor rather than a blood relative.

Mr. Chris said:

People will continue to play classic Doom long after Call of Shitty is past it's prime.

^^ THIS

Happy Birthday DOOM !! Looking forward to many more years to come !!

This shows how simple games with easy modding are much better than modern games. Happy Birthday! Long live Doom!

Mr. Chris said:

People will continue to play classic Doom long after Call of Shitty is past it's prime.

If that wasn't true, then Doomworld would've shut down 2 years ago.

I wish that I could give some +1 likes to some of the posts bringing out some really strong and valid points in this epic thread. DoomWorld needs to have a 'Like button'. Why should we be reserving all the glory for Zuckerberg's invention? He probably never shot a single Imp to save the world, so he's not even worthy of having the 'Like button' reserved to his domain only.

Getting back on topic, I keep imagining what the 20th anniversary of DOOM will be like in 2013. I hope you guys have something big planned for that.

DarkJedi188 said:

Getting back on topic, I keep imagining what the 20th anniversary of DOOM will be like in 2013. I hope you guys have something big planned for that.

Well there's this site.

http://teamhellspawn.com/20yod/

And i'm pretty sure there's a wip at the zdoom forums being dedicated to it, not sure what else there is.

How is that I only recognize three people who have posted in this thread...I guess the community's still growing, anyway.

At any rate, here I am, saying, yes, I am still interested in you Doom! (If anyone wants to help with my ZDoom mod it could be more interesting for everyone. :D E-mail it.)

Peace!