Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Doom's Octodecennial

By awarding something, anything as BEST you're stepping into a proverbial mine field of issues to adress. The strong point of the cacowards is that it lists the top 10 WADS of the year. Even this is debatable to a large extent, but it allows for a lot wider range of flavors and interests to be included. Simply choosing one is excluding so many possibles that you're just as well to not do it at all.

By who's standard should you play it? Popularity? By a jury? By a judge? And in all those cases, by what community/which jury/what judge?

Maybe if it gets narrowed down to 3 noteworthy levels decided by the people who pick the cacowards. I agree about steering clear from using the term "best", because taste is always subjective. But ofcourse that is if we decide to go through with this.

:)

It's just a bit of fun. Good WADs will miss out on the regular Cacowards every year and everybody will never agree on the final choices. "Best" map would just be an extention and exageration of that.

Besides, by virtue of the fact that there is unlikely to be anything close to a definitive consensus, nobody will be able to claim the winner is controversial.

I love how the 1994 tune-up wad won the "Mordeth award" for the almost Sherlockian (to coin a phrase) logic that the original maps are 18 years old. Nice thinking there, not, but I'm glad the megawad got a mention. PS yay for no Mockaward, considering that kind of map has an extremely limited audience and is generally about as funny as falling over on stage in front of a television audience while splitting the arse of your trousers wide open and loudly messing your underpants. While Wee Man pokes your girlfriend.

Understandable, as it takes longer to build those at the same quality level, and you need a bit more discipline, because the port choice doesn't enforce any. But this is all I'm talking on this, I don't want a certain someone to start a long debate about it. It's all fine!