Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Tormentor667 does music covers... [Update: 25.12.2011]

...well, I'd consider myself a creative person, not only in terms of projects and mapping, I am also working as a media designer in an agency and two of my big hobbies are photography and music where the latter is actually the one that I want to show off today. To make it short, I just opened my very own Youtube Channel with cover songs that I sang - interested?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gimmi091984

Looking forward to your comments :)

Pretty nice. I don't think I would agree on your description of yourself though. I think you're definitely competent and productive. But creative I feel is being a bit of a misnomer in your case. But maybe I am just being obtuse.

Also, another bit of criticism from this cranky ol' swede. While I really enjoy Queen, and I think you did a decent job of covering them. Doing a cover you are inevitably going to be pitted against the original, and it's generally a bit of a bad idea to do straight covers of something like Queen. Seeing as how Freddie Mercury is such an amazing singer it's incredibly hard not to come up short compared to him.

@Grain - Thanks for the corrections, I did the descriptions in a hurry and wasnt sure with all of them, will fix it later.

@kristus - Well, I tend to add a personal style and touch to some covers, so at least a little bit of creativity is involved :) Concerning Freddy, no doubt, no One can even come close to this ******* singer, I was already aware of that when doing the recording. The reason I chose it was mostly that I like it and that I am still a big Queen fan myself :)

Thx to all for your Feedback so far

kristus said:

Seeing as how Freddie Mercury is such an amazing singer it's incredibly hard not to come up short compared to him.

Which was evident at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert in 1992. A number of well established artists sung Queen songs and very few of them were up to it. IIRC, George Michael did a pretty decent job though.

Enjay said:

IIRC, George Michael did a pretty decent job though.

Agreed, that one was pretty good, though you have to admit that George Michael is an awesome and very gifted singer as well. Shame on him for not doing commercial music anymore...

Stale Meat said:

These are some pretty good covers, Tormentor. You should definitely continue doing these.

I plan to! Expect some more work in January

Great job Torm! I like your voice a lot, it's very different from my own, I'll post back when I figure out who it reminds me of.

Germany has always produced great singers. Michael Kiske anyone?

Vordakk said:

Germany has always produced great singers. Michael Kiske anyone?

Till Linderman (Rammstein), Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear)

They are also great IMO.

Katamori said:

Till Linderman (Rammstein)

Even though he is very famous and successful in the US, I wouldn't consider him a good singer as he as his own style.

While none of this is music I would personally listen to (not even Queen), you definitely have a very good voice.

More good German singers, if you want to stretch back into the 80s, would include Herbert Groenemeyer and Nena. Also, the guy from Einsteurzende Neubauten, and the women he sand this song with:

More on topic, that's some top-notch singing. I sort of wish I stayed in chorus back in school, so my vocals were better trained.

Tormentor667 said:

though you have to admit that George Michael is an awesome and very gifted singer as well.

I wouldn't call myself a fan but I do like a few of his songs. I certainly can't deny that he is a gifted singer though.

Katamori said:

Till Linderman (Rammstein), Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear)

They are also great IMO.

Can't forget Der Graf:

Although he and Linderman have similar style.

Back on topic, you got a good voice on you. Alot of people think they can sing when really they can't sing for shit. You can hold a tune quite well. Something to be proud of.

With your style, voice and mellow guitar, I recommend:
- Sneaker Pimps: 6 Underground
- Radiohead: Karma Police
- Bush: Greedy Fly
- Imogen Heap: Breathe In
- David Bowie: I'm Afraid of Americans
- Metric: Empty
- Tegan And Sarah: Relief Next to Me
- Material Issue: Valerie Loves Me
- Weezer: Sweater Song
- Imagine: John Lennon (forgive me if its not him)
- A Perfect Circle: 3 Libras
- Nine Inch Nails: And all that Could have Been
- Marilyn Manson: Man that You Fear (an already mostly acoustic song)
- Lifehouse: Hanging By a Moment (love song)
- Nickelback: If Everyone Cared
- I'm like a Lawyer with the way I'm always trying to get you off: Fallout Boy
- T.a.T.u.: Loves me Not
- Deftones: Change in the House of Flies
- Switchfoot: This is your Life
- Trapt: Bleed Like Me (I think you doing this in your style could be great)

I think I'm done.