Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didierbertrand

Doom The Way id Did demos [-complevel 3]

Post your demos for Doom the Way id Did here. This is a 3-episode vanilla Ultimate Doom megawad, so if using prboom-plus, then -complevel 3 is recommended. The suggested naming convention is ixdy-zzz.lmp, where x is the episode number, y the map number and zzz is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM or Pacifist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Doom The Way id Did is released so some demos would be nice
here is mine
e1m1 nm100 in 00:57

dtwi11s057.zip

dXwY? or maybe go for the cheekiness with iXdY? let's see what grazza suggests.

dew said:

dXwY? or maybe go for the cheekiness with iXdY? let's see what grazza suggests.

I like your suggestion of iXdY, and other people appear to do so too. I'm pretty sure it doesn't clash with anything.

Grazza said:

E2M1 UV Stuck in 0:06 (i.e. time needed to get stuck)

Funny, I was literally getting ready to post this exact occurrence from my pacifist attempts :P

DLRArchangel said:

sorry to put my ignorance on display but could someone explain what this wad is? how is this different then the doom 1.9 doom.wad?

In the team's own words, "Doom The Way id Did (or DTWiD for short) is a 3-episode tribute to our beloved DOOM.WAD, designed not as a homage-spree but as an answer to the question 'What would it look like if id had decided to create a 10th map for each episode?'"

It is different from the doom wad because it is a fan-made project, using the original wad for textures, music, and other resources. The levels are not designed to be ripoffs of the original doom, but rather complementary to the existing episodes. Something that could have been packaged with the original doom without feeling out of place. That's my understanding of the project anyway :P

Edited because posting on no sleep works wonders, and I answered my own question. I'll try to contribute to this at some point soon.