Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spazman

Who would want to do some voice-over work?

Yeah... I ask this question because I'd like to see how the Doom RPG plays out with voice-over work. Not anything too cheesy, just some stuff like the intro to the game, and during cutscenes. I'll probably be able to use some sounds of marine chatter from soundboards. But for the main characters in the game, those I'd be needing help with.

So far, the character list is as follows:

-Flynn Taggart

-Dimitri Paramo (Taken by Maes)

-John Pietrovich

-Sergeant Trague

-Buddy Dacote

-Lorelei Chen

-(Various marines)

Well, here are some "demos" of what I can sound like.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/fan-fics-fan-pics/57276-dmchosho-the-story/ (quite normal reading)
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1034193#post1034193 (more tongue in cheek)
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1019573#post1019573 (deliberately trying to sound "heavy")
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/37496-a-new-doom-drama-doomguy-meets-warlords/ (Various stuff, arguably among my best. Gotta hear for yourself though).

Dunno, maybe if you need some Eastern European-sounding voice actor or one with a trying-too-hard-to-sound-pompously-british one ;-)

Y'know, the voice for Doomguy's Forced and Painful Chocolate Shotgun would work out quite well as the voice of Dimitri Paramo. Would you be interested in that role? (cigar-chomping master sergeant)

Lol I didn't think that one sounded that badass (I just read as naturally as I could and as close to my native tongue style as possible), but hey, the important thing is how you perceive it ;-)

Well, PM me for/with details about audio formats/lines etc.

kewl, kewl. If you want to do a role, choose one from the above.

(Flynn Taggart in this case is considered the "Doomguy")

Danarchy said:

I would, but I don't know if my mic is up to snuff.

This. I'm supposed to do some VA work for a friend's Starcraft mod too, but I just don't have a good recording setup.

I'll have to see what comes up. Maes has demonstrated the damn-perfect role for Dimitri. Maybe if I ever get off my lazy ass, I'll post them somewhere where ppl can listen to em. They're that epic.

I have excellent sound recording equipment and I'm pretty comfortable with recording my voice so I can lend in my voice too, preferably a not too big of a part though. I'm Norwegian but think I can fake a decent sounding American accent :-P

I can also do special effect/robot voices like Soundwave from Transformers, the Daleks of Doctor Who and tons of other effect types.

I really hope you don't get stuck with a bunch of awkward early 20s guys who are trying to portray space fuckers in their 30s. At least that's what happened with Classic Doom 3. I actually have a good voice but it's more suited to cartoons. I think it would be too silly for this project.

GoatLord said:

space fuckers in their 30s.

...what....what do you have against them? :-(

GoatLord said:

I really hope you don't get stuck with a bunch of awkward early 20s guys who are trying to portray space fuckers in their 30s. At least that's what happened with Classic Doom 3. I actually have a good voice but it's more suited to cartoons. I think it would be too silly for this project.

Yeah, that's another problem. I'm more comfortable doing silly voices than trying to sound normal. I'm weird like that.

Well, that's not gonna work, I'm afraid. Seriousness is what this game needs, and that's the voice acting that's been given thus far. But, however, there may a few more places for other random marines when the game is further down in its development line.

greetings again everyone. Work on some stuff on the Doom RPG project is going.

We still need a few more decent voice actors as well as a female voice actor who can pull off a halfway-decent marine voice.

So, any takers?

(Oh, Manc II has Computer Voice, John Pietrovich, and Narration)

I'd be interested. I'll see if I can find and dig out my mic. Do you have a script or line samples? Is Flynn taken?

Are any of those other characters villains? (sorry, haven't played the game yet.)

I do have the lines for Flynn, but it'll be a matter of a few days before I can drag out the lines again since I'm at a relative's house. Flynn, at this point, is represented as the "Doomguy". As far as enemies go, there aren't really any except for the demons themselves, pretty much how it is in Doom. Why would demons have voices?

Anyway, like I'd said, the role of Flynn isn't taken yet, so you'll probably be getting those lines over PM by monday.

A few publicly posted "sample" lines for each open part would probably not be a bad idea; give people a bit more of an idea of what they may have to work with for each part.

If I can get my damned mic to stop buzzing (which probably involves using the laptop and moving to a different room to record; there's something about this room that's causing it to buzz like crazy) I could probably try for a smaller part.

Yes, please. I've actually built my own vocal booth for singing purposes and it gives a nice, clean sound ideal for voiceovers. What I actually speak like is another matter entirely, but I'll certainly have a crack. Line?

This is all a ploy so he can punch the clown to the sound of the voice of whatever Doomworld chick volunteers to be Chen