Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Who has the other Odessa levels?

PLEASE READ POST BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS.

I loved Bob Evans' Odessa 14, so it's a shame the other ones can't be found (and even if they were, they would not allow for redistribution...oh the humanity!) but I do know there are some I guess who have found odessa_1, odessa_12 and odessa_13. Since they obviously can't be redistributed, I was wondering out of anyone who might actually have these WADs if they had the decency to at least record a play-through of the levels on YouTube. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with showing off levels on YouTube so if I can't play them I'd at least like to see what they look like. I know this request may seem a little far-fetched, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway.

Otherwise, I was wondering if there were any other good puzzle maps I should be aware of (and yes, I've played Eternal Doom).

(And yes Xaser, I will play end1.wad before you recommend it for any reason)

HOLY COW

Awesome. I could tell right away from how tricky it was to solve that it's certainly one of his creations. Thank you so much for posting this. :)

The trouble is that the text files for the Odessa series have the "may not distribute" clause (which Ty of /idgames stubbornly respects) and they were originally posted on a CompuServe BBS (which has long since gone under). Because of this, any attempt to post the wads anywhere is against the author's wishes, and he's long since disappeared and can't be contacted. Shitty situation no matter how you look at it.

valkiriforce said:

(And yes Xaser, I will play end1.wad before you recommend it for any reason)

Oh dear! My subtle brainwashing techniques are working! *ahem*, I mean, enjoy it! ;)

NaturalTvventy said:

ha ha @ last sentence. It's not that great a WAD anyways :P

Damn you for this blasphemy! :P

Bob Evans.... The notorious arcane bastard responsible for devising those two devilishly cryptic levels for 'Eternal Doom', No really I literally shouted 'Bob Evans you bastard it's ruined!' when I at last set foot upon the daunting epilogue of MAP30 with rigorous anticipation of yet not another fucking puzzle nightmare to put the Rubix cube to shame. Then I watched the entirity of the -nomonsters demo and declared a 'Fuck off' and hurrah completion!

With regards to the topic at hand, is it possible the levels were bundled on an obscure Doom shovelware CD? As I assume Compuserve refers to some oldschool board for distributing software back in the day. I recall 'PC Gamer' doing the same for Half-Life 'They Hunger' and some 'Quake II' content.

They aren't on D!Zone Gold or Maximum Doom so I'd assume they aren't on shovelware. There is at least one forum member that has these levels but he is at least as stubborn as Ty about them.

Who is it and why is he so stubborn? How did he obtain the levels himself? Just release the stupid levels you nuts

Probably not banned, but posting links to content that can't be distributed is not a good idea.