Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vulcan

Have original doom on floppy disk

Hey guys, I'm new here so what's up!

Just wondering, I have recently discovered that I own the original on floppy disk with everything in it, like all the manuals and stuff.
And I'm just wondering what it's worth these days?
Thinking about selling it but don't want to sell for too low.

Cheers, vulcan.

Could you post a picture or two, and the version number if you can find it? That'd assist the forum's brains trust in it's deliberations.

Pretty much the price of a new game. This ranges from "bargain bin" prices to full/premium ones: it depends on condition, version, and relative rarity.

E.g. if you have some plain v1.1 or v1.2 commercial release, don't expect too much out of it: these are a dime a dozen. Now if you had some weird, say, v1.8 on floppies, that'd be something.

vulcan said:

(...)I own the original on floppy disk with everything in it, like all the manuals and stuff.

I don't understand.
One floppy? Were manuals in digital form even added to programs in the 90ies?

ellmo said:

I don't understand.
One floppy? Were manuals in digital form even added to programs in the 90ies?

I think he means the manual is included in the box. But yeah there should be more than one disk.

david-arquette said:

I think he means the manual is included in the box. But yeah there should be more than one disk.

Ah. of course. No interpunction + brainfart = message misnderstood.

Technician said:

That's what she said.

Once ya go (black) 8", ya never go back.

Tinypic doesn't want to play nice, only the second image is loading. It's Registered Doom v1.2 from Manaccom in Brisbane - another Aussie Doomer?

Apart from being the next major update (1.666) I can't offer a possible explanation for that 666 while the picture's in limbo.

GreyGhost said:

Apart from being the next major update (1.666) I can't offer a possible explanation for that 666 while the picture's in limbo.

Why, it's obvious.

Spoiler

THOSE FLOPPIES COME STRAIGHT FROM HEEEEEEEEELLL!!! (Death Grunt voice & Angry Heavy Metal Chords playing)

Maes said:

Spoiler

THOSE FLOPPIES COME STRAIGHT FROM HEEEEEEEEELLL!!! (Death Grunt voice & Angry Heavy Metal Chords playing)

This worked even better after hearing those MP3s of you reading the other day.

Having the same trouble as GreyGhost, the second image is the only one that appears to load.

For years now mail order Doom has been the one thing missing from my collection, it's only a shame i know i probably couldn't afford the asking price (it being that time of the year). Nevertheless i'll keep an eye out anyway.