Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Can we expect any Christmas-style WAD until 24 Dec?

I think there's a lack of Christmas-style WADs in the community. Although there are several good one (Twisted Joke from Phobus <3) there aren't any serious and detailed WADs.

Yep, I know H2H: Xmas, that's also fantastic. However I think, H2H: Xmas became too old (1995 WAD) so we need a new stuff.

Previously I saw a project thread about an xmas-WAD, but it was about 10 months ago and I couldn't see activity since.

Are anybody planning to make something until 24 Dec? Or is there any uploaded/finished recent project in this theme?

Scuba Steve said:

Not by Christmas... but a Winter themed Action Doom DLC episode has been almost done for years and maybe done soon :P

Hooooolllleeee ssheeeeiiiit.

Better not be trolling us, else Santa will put coal in your stocking and then beat you with it.

I suppose now would be a great time to announce I'm working on a Twisted Joke 2 or something... but I'm not :( In 10 days I probably could put something together, but I'm so busy with my new job and stuff that it'd not be easy to keep up the mapping so we'd probably end up with something like ph_dac2 again, which isn't particularly impressive.

i remember Enjay uploading a old Zdoom Christmas-themed mod of his on the Zdoom Forums last year. too lazy to find it, though.

there's also Xmas Nightmare by JudgeSpear for GZDoom. it's incomplete, but the complete maps in it are pretty fun Xmas themed levels to play, with music, new sprites, and textures galore in it.

I'm still working on Xmas Doom. It won't be done by this year, but hopefully next year, in early December. I'm mapping on it at this very moment, so progress is at least being made :) It's been delayed because there have been more stuff that I've wanted to add, or change, so hopefully the end-result is something that looks really great and is really fun and exciting to play.

I'm working on a base-map currently, and it's been at stand-still for several weeks now, but I made some progress last night when I got an idea for a layout, and now it's easier to progress from there.

Nobody jinx me

Doomhuntress said:

there's also Xmas Nightmare by JudgeSpear for GZDoom. it's incomplete, but the complete maps in it are pretty fun Xmas themed levels to play, with music, new sprites, and textures galore in it.

I've found a video about that, but extremely hard to find download any links.

he should have on his channel, JudgeSpear2. the MP3 music link is broken, though, so there's only the MIDI music in the levels wad file.

i should have all the files on my HD at home. i could upload it here if anyone wants me to.