Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kai

Wasn't there a hollywood movie of Doom?

I'm sure I heard about the Doom movie or plans for one, it was years ago though. What happened with it?

thank god, a doom movie would make me coy to be a doomer (I hope I used it in it's right context :)

Guy playing DooMGuy:DAMNIT! *blam* wheres the red key? *blam* I can't exit this scene without *blam blam blam* it. *blam* I'm mad, I think I'll shoot the wall for no reason *blam*

Guy playing DooMGuy:DAMNIT! *blam* wheres the red key? *blam* I can't exit this scene without *blam blam blam* it. *blam* I'm mad, I think I'll shoot the wall for no reason *blam*

Hehe...I could imagine that =)

EDIT: LOL

Looks more like a normal DM game by Deathwarrior :)

No his are more like "I am in UniDooM! You can't kill me" *blam* "I meant with the pistol!"

Originally posted by zeta000
hmmm, Army of Darkness?

Heh! yeah that's probably the most doom-like movie... luckily it's made with a great deal of humor.

Originally posted by Erik

Heh! yeah that's probably the most doom-like movie... luckily it's made with a great deal of humor.

yep. And chainsaw action too :)

Originally posted by fodders
Looks more like a normal DM game by Deathwarrior :)

it's not my fault my ping owns you.

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta

No his are more like "I am in UniDooM! You can't kill me" *blam* "I meant with the pistol!"

lol

Well you see, 2 stoners got mad since some people where saying bad stuff about them on the internet, so thay whent to hollywood and stoped the movie....

Here's what I think. Why wasn't there a Doom movie made? Well, we all remeber Starship Troopers, right? do we remember the point of that movie? No, cause there IS none! I feel that a movie based after Doom would be more or less the same vein as Starship Troopers, with perhaps Mortal Kombat Ahnihillation qualtiy overall. In short, a very bad thing to do. Some things, should just stay as games as they were. For more reference of the absence of a Doom film, read the novels, and understand. ;)

books are usually better then the movies too... imagine that with doom

Originally posted by orion
books are usually better then the movies too... imagine that with doom

OMG

yup, I wonder if they ever made the movie if it would be based more on the book than the game itself, I don't know which is worse, having basicly no plot, or a plot that sucks.

Thank god there hasn't been a Doom Movie made.When will people realize that games are more often than not far superior to their movie counterparts.The movie format is so inferior compared to interactive games especially when the plot is as pure as Doom's is.It would be a shame to spoil it with a corny flick.

Here's how I think it should be done:

1)Either base the first movie on the first novel and the rest being completely different after that or
2)Base it on the quality of the stories sent in to places like the DOOM Anthology

I know it sounds strange but the film Event Horizon always reminds me of Doom for some reason...

Doom itself borowed a lot of inspiration and a lot of elements from movies in the first place (Aliens, Predator, the Terminator, etc...). Any attempt to make a Doom movie would come out looking like a heavily waterlogged parody of those great movies, at that would make things worse than if it were just a movie based on a game.

But it doesn't matter, because the whole of humanity will drop dead from illness when FOX releases the live-action Dragonball movie. :P (I'd link to the news story, but FARK is down.)

Originally posted by IMJack
But it doesn't matter, because the whole of humanity will drop dead from illness when FOX releases the live-action Dragonball movie.

Question: who'd be dumb enough to see it?

The only way a Doom movie could be a remotely good movie would be if it was made by true fans.
I'm looking forward to finding out what Evermail's CGI Doom movie will be like.

Originally posted by dsm
The only way a Doom movie could be a remotely good movie would be if it was made by true fans.
I'm looking forward to finding out what Evermail's CGI Doom movie will be like.

A DOOM movie _could_ be good if it had some more story to it. Let's wait and see what happens when DOOM III gets released.