Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Favourite Demons

Well, after all this shoutin' and swearin', still no more demons are being mentioned. I don't care in which forum questions like that should be asked. This question is asked here, so I'll answer it here.

I've actually got 3 faves: The 'demon' (you know, the pink MF), the revenant and the arch-vile, these because they all use an 'alternative' attack. The revenant and the arch-vile would fight for 1st place, though.

;)

Originally posted by scorpion
Well, after all this shoutin' and swearin', still no more demons are being mentioned. I don't care in which forum questions like that should be asked. This question is asked here, so I'll answer it here.

I've actually got 3 faves: The 'demon' (you know, the pink MF), the revenant and the arch-vile, these because they all use an 'alternative' attack. The revenant and the arch-vile would fight for 1st place, though.

;)

My fave is the Cacodemon.

I like the imp, revenant and arch-vile (and all other Doom/Doom2 enemies as well except the freakin' lost soul)

Originally posted by Erik
I like the imp, revenant and arch-vile (and all other Doom/Doom2 enemies as well except the freakin' lost soul)

The lost soul is ok, just a bit annoying from time to time.

I can think of a monster worse than the Lost Soul, and that would be the creature that spawns 'em, the Pain Elemental. Because he shoots 'live' missiles, it's impossible to let two of 'em have it out on eachother. They may aim to a monster that shot them, but those friggin' skulls come after you immediately.

No, if this were a vote of what demon should go, the PE should be it.

Boy, that was interesting

I can think of a monster worse than the Lost Soul, and that would be the creature that spawns 'em, the Pain Elemental. Because he shoots 'live' missiles, it's impossible to let two of 'em have it out on eachother. They may aim to a monster that shot them, but those friggin' skulls come after you immediately.

Yep. Those things are as annoying as "Username"

Hmm fav demon?

By concept it has to be the Cyberdemon - Baron of Hell is a close second.

The demon I get the most joy from killing would be the imp - especially with the single-barreled shotgun.

?! Dunno how that happened, but my apologies...

Bytheway, my vote's for the revenant; escaping his heat-seaking missile in a motherhumpin' wideopen level with 2% left can be quite an adventure on its own...

?! Dunno how that happened, but my apologies...

Bytheway, my vote's for the revenant; escaping his heat-seaking missile in a motherhumpin' wideopen level with 2% left can be quite an adventure on its own...

and pretty annoying as well.

Bah, why do you all attack someone who's new to the forums? Don't be so hard on them... how would you like it? Ah well, there isn't much use in reasoning with you people...

And by "you people" I mean the people who attack the newbies.

Originally posted by ZarcyB
Bah, why do you all attack someone who's new to the forums? Don't be so hard on them... how would you like it? Ah well, there isn't much use in reasoning with you people...

And by "you people" I mean the people who attack the newbies.

Does that include me?

Originally posted by ZarcyB
No it doesn't. You know I love you Maonth.

awww.....O_o

Eh, yes Maonth, and annoying as well, but if annoying-factor in DooM was 0, I don't think it would still be this popular after 10 years...

And save your valuable breathe, ZarcyB. The 'elite' will always nag on us 'doomworldforum newbies', although some tend to stop after I met 'em in DM ;) . It's up to the newbie to try and gain the respect he thinks he owes. However, you're very right about some people not knowing when to stop.

And save your valuable breathe, ZarcyB. The 'elite' will always nag on us 'doomworldforum newbies', although some tend to stop after I met 'em in DM ;) .

A few of us 'elite' can actually play DM.

play me right now, in zdaemon. any server you pick, as long as i have the wad.

Sorry Deathwarrior, but I will have to take a raincheck right now. I'm at work an unfortunately it's not allowed for me to use a display-pc to play games. If you want to set up 'DMD', I'm up for it after 19.00 (Central European Time), hope to see ya there !!

What's wrong with the poor ol' Former human at the bottom of the list? I have to say I got the most enjoyment out of mowing entire lines of them down with the chaingun OR taking out entire squads with one DB-Shotgun blast. It's a pure slaughter fest. I agree with the above too, the PE can

Originally posted by Se7enDeadlySins
What's wrong with the poor ol' Former human at the bottom of the list? I have to say I got the most enjoyment out of mowing entire lines of them down with the chaingun OR taking out entire squads with one DB-Shotgun blast. It's a pure slaughter fest

Yep, you're right. In that case I don't really have a 'fave', all of the DooM enemies make good shotgun target practice ;)

Favorite former human by concept: Chaingunner aka heavy weapon dude (Unfortunately, he's damn annoying sometimes)

Favorite former human generally: Former human Sarge

You're right, what about the former humans? I tend to not look at them as actual monsters (even though they clearly are) since they don't look all that misshapen.
The former humans ARE a cool concept (they look cool with those army pants :-)), but as enemies they are not always the greatest, though they can be fun to mow down sometimes as well.

Originally posted by Baron-Of-Hell
Just out of curiosity, what is your favourite demon in Doom? Mine would have to be the Baron Of Hell, hence my name...

agreed. but you're still gay. :)

ever wonder why the chaingunners have no blood on their uniforms?

'cos they get the sarges and zombies to do their work for 'em or else, badadadadadaada, hahahahaHA!

uh, yeah.. ... .. .

#$@$&@*!!@#(*!_@^#@!_@!)#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My picture symbol thing is now no longer there. First the quote goes bye-bye...now this! *cries* I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!