Sergeek

Horror-themed wads?

Can you please name some?
I already played:
Cold As Hell
Unloved
Ghoul series
The City Of The Damned(Both)

Well, if you don't mind ZDOOM modifications, you might always try ZBlood...

http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/ZBlood

It's a partially-faithful recreation of the game "Blood" by Monolith, on the ZDOOM/GZDOOM engine. Includes a bunch of the original levels - and some created for the occasion - plus the original weapons and monsters...

Also, I never tried it but "Happy Time Circus" (1 and 2, http://zdoom.org/wiki/Happy_Time_Circus) should fit the theme, too.

@kristus: CaH does qualify IMO. The isolated, snowy atmosphere and rather surreal developments as time goes on count, even if the majority of the gameplay is quite action heavy.

rsl said:

Well, if you don't mind ZDOOM modifications

Given that all the mods listed in the OP are for ZDoom or GZDoom, I don't think he minds.

Given that all the mods listed in the OP are for ZDoom or GZDoom, I don't think he minds.

Ouch. You're right! I completely missed that... :-)

Thanks a lot!
Happy Time Circus was good, not only in terms of atmosphere, but in terms of gameplay too. ZBlood was interesting, but somewhat raw, incomplete, and not as dark as original game - looking forward to ZBlood+.
"Zombies" is just a mess, with choppy ugly sprites and bad monster placement (although, I can appreciate its devotion to film)
Any other suggestions?

fullmetalvaran33 said:

God damn that giant room with the slaughter-map feel pissed me off. Not going to finish it. Zort 9 got pretty fucking annoying, too, though I kind of liked it at the same time. I guess I can say I kinda liked Valley of the Damned. And kinda not.

Games in general feel a lot harder lately. And a lot more annoying. I don't know, the enemies' projectiles feel like they're moving a lot faster, and doing tons more damage. Have you noticed that?

The Talosian Incident is a good choice if you want to try a vanilla wad,