Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterofJKD

Working on map, need help.

I was working on a map last night, and I got stuck, I want to have the player press a switch, then once that switch is pressed to then have a door open, and a floor sector lower...I was wondering whether or not zdoom in udmf format supported a predefined action that would let you do multiple things through one action, or would I have to use the command "script execute" I was going to use scripting, but I don't know the command to have a floor lower to a certain height, the other command would just be Door_Open.

Instead of using a door, which is essentially a ceiling raising, could you instead have a lowering floor? You can then tag the "door" sector the same as the other lowering floor and the switch will activate both. This will then work in vanilla.

Ignore me if your project is ZDoom anyway, I don't know anything about scripts.

You could skip the ZDoom stuff and just make a walkover line that lowers the floor just before the switch, so that at the time the switch is pressed, it seemingly causes the two actions to happen relatively at the same time. Something as enticing as a switch plate will surely cause the player to step over the unseen line. The possibility of walking over the line without pressing the switch is there but very unlikely. Any Doomer will tell you that they very rarely leave any switch unpressed.

Since zdoom supports Boom, why not use the "pass use on" flag. For the line that triggers the door, add the "pass use on" flag. Then place a line the same length as the door switch line behind first line ( the door trigger line "passes through" or continues on to the floor trigger line ). Make it textureless and flag it hidden. Give it the action for the lowering floor, and give the new line a new tag number and give this number to the floor lowering sector. Voila!

... Just read that you solved your problem. I was just about to upload a test wad demonstrating this. NVM.

hawkwind said:

Since zdoom supports Boom, why not use the "pass use on" flag. For the line that triggers the door, add the "pass use on" flag. Then place a line the same length as the door switch line behind first line ( the door trigger line "passes through" or continues on to the floor trigger line ). Make it textureless and flag it hidden. Give it the action for the lowering floor, and give the new line a new tag number and give this number to the floor lowering sector. Voila!

... Just read that you solved your problem. I was just about to upload a test wad demonstrating this. NVM.

Actually, I'm curious about how that works...might make some of my maps a bit more interesting.