Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

BAD box art thread

Post the worst (preferably obscure) box art you've seen. I'll start it off with a Korean-made Bubble Bobble knockoff called "New Boggle Boggle". It features what appears to be an alien mouse with sunglasses, and what suspiciously appears to be genitalia on him, leaning against a space shuttle with the words "Deluxe IV" printed on it. I have no fucking clue what any of this has to do with Bubble Bobble.

(I also felt like making an avatar out of it)

YOUR AVATAR ISN'T THAT BAD!! SERIOUSLY!!! :P

Well, it definitely beats the American Mega Man 1 box art by a blowout...

Tsk. The Gameking beats any system at least as far as misleading box art is concerned.

Does anyone have the boxart for the game Impulse Control? Soda would like that one.

Use3D said:

Does anyone have the boxart for the game Impulse Control? Soda would like that one.

Sounds like a pretty boring game to me. But, no, in all seriousness, I only start threads when I think people may have some kind of interest in the topic. That said, is anyone actually interested in posting their favorite bad boxart? I started this thread hoping that others would like to post some.

Technician said:

That avatar annoys me.

I just adblocked it for that reason.

Anyways, is it me or is the DNF boxart some of the worst boxart ever? I don't know what the heck it is that bugs me so much about it (I think it's the drawing style), but it looks cheesy, it feels cheesy, and just doesn't really seem right at all.

The Wolfenstein 3d box art is quite a letdown... It doesn't capture the feeling of fighting wacky Nazis, it looks rather generic warfare style.

Doom 3 CD art is unoriginal, which is bad for a self-proclaimed horror game. It looks like it imitates the Diablo 2 style, especially the Doom 3 and Diablo 2 expansions.

Technician said:

That avatar annoys me.

Yeah, I liked that cat more.

Use3D said:

I Google searched for that, but I found some books instead, not games...

printz said:

I Google searched for that, but I found some books instead, not games...

I found a guy at a rave with his cock and balls out.

I have to imagine bad album covers could probably trump bad box art. Shit, just look at The Scorpions for some good evidence of this.

Sodaholic, your new avatar nearly gave me a seizure.
Once again, thank god for adblock.

Yeah, watch mine instead. It will give you totally different, if still strong feelings.

Here's a couple from my Amiga game collection, the second one's always puzzled me.

(950x1260 - 502k)

(920x1280 - 405k)

Use3D said:

No kidding, and it's such a great game. I wonder how many people were instantly turned off by that cover. Just use the damn anime cover! It was perfect!

right?! why change it to some bad americanized art whose style has nothing to do with the game?

EarthQuake said:

*image*

Unfortunately, that's what first came to mind when trying to figure out what the fuck that was.

By the way, people that hated my seizure inducing avatar, is it better now that I slowed it down?