Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

BAD box art thread

Ultraboy94 said:

Dear god what have they done to pac-man.

There was one for GameCube that had Tekken characters along with the normal Pac-Man cast.

Clonehunter said:

I've never played it, but if that game really has bearded rednecks with banjos shooting the shit out of aliens, I want it. If otherwise, I still want it just for the box.

The closest you're gonna get is Jamestown, a bullet-hell game about English Colonists fighting the Spanish and Martians on Mars in the year 1613. It's actually pretty fun, but they must have been smoking copious amounts of ganja when they came up with that.

Aliotroph? said:

You'd think a movie game would have box art that matches the movie somewhat.

It does. And the movie was scary awesome, made me nervous about the idea of VR helmets and how they can fuck up the human brain and stimulate intelligence beyond normal levels (even though it was something else that was doing it).

Aliotroph? said:

How'd you find that, anyway?

I was looking at game box art in a image search on google and spotted it. :p

Hell's Vendetta said:

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1900000/Ninja-Golf-ninjas-vs-pirates-1974066-350-486.jpg

This thread is for bad box art, not awesome ones.

Most, if not all of the 2600 bootlegs are full of disgustingly-designed art. Some of it doesn't even match the game.

Aliotroph? said:

You'd think a movie game would have box art that matches the movie somewhat.

Well the movie did have some really bad CGI segments

Surprised no one mentioned this boxart. Seriously, it looks like some idiot in a poorly done Halloween costume that just shit himself.
Well, as far as I know this pic was horribly rushed due to executive meddling, so I won't be angry at the guy who drew this, since he wasn't given too much time to make it.

That's no excuse for drawing like that. I've seen amateur artists bang out a good drawing with good proportions and proper joint angles in less than an hour. Usually a lot less time than that.

There's just no excuse for shoddy art like that, unless they hired a 9th grader to do it for $5.

Dude, I played the shit out of Frostbite as a kid. That game was awesome. That and Demon Attack were two of my favorite Atari 2600 games.

Heh, speaking of the Mega Man box art, I was pretty amused by this:

TomoAlien said:

Surprised no one mentioned this boxart.

HavoX in the second post of the thread said:

Well, it definitely beats the American Mega Man 1 box art by a blowout...

:|

lupinx-Kassman said:

I actually like the first ico box art.

The general consensus is that the first one is better and shouldn't have been localized. I don't know what that guy in the article was thinking.

lupinx-Kassman said:

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the F-16 model often used to demonstrate a machine's rendering ability? If that cart is just a demonstration, the box art makes more sense.

Also, I don't know what Sodaholic's avatar looked like before but now I think it's adorable.