Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

My annual "So what did you get" thread

I ended up getting a watch and a dice game along with a couple lottery tickets from my parents. I ended up winning $6 on the tickets. My grandma got me a wallet, with $30 inside it. I'm about to head to my grandpa's in about an hour, but I'm just expecting to get $50 there, which is good enough for me. Overall, I'd consider it a decent year.

EDIT: Along with the expected $50, I got an additional $15 at my grandpa's. I made out pretty well this year money-wise.

I got $100 total from my parents and my grandmother, teeth whitening kit, electric toothbrush, a trimmer (these things are also from my parents) a mario keychain that makes the 1-up sound, Calorie Mate, a blanket and a little kitten ID tag thing from my brother and a wireless router from my sister. Quite an odd set of Christmas gifts.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Final DooM for the Playstation one, the other things are mostly clothes and Xbox 360 games.

$150 (so far)
Skyrim for PC
Rise of The Planet of The Apes
Some clothes
Minecraft

It's a pretty weird ending considering how the movie plays before. I still hold it as one of my favourite movies and the sequel is even better (10/10 imo).

I just opened my presents since I actually HAVE MORAL STANDARDS. I got a copy of Saints Row the third, some gift cards.
Oh also a $100 bill but it's in one of those fucking puzzle boxes.

Murakami's 1Q84, a set of beer glasses, LA Kings tickets, George Carlin's Last Words, a night stand that I desperately needed, a couple of cool shirts (Steve Holt!) and some of my sister's awesome art.

Oh, and a brew kit.

YES

Some books I don't care about (One was about video games, and stated that the beserker pack was new to Doom II... I never trusted printed sources for video games).
Some snack foods.
Several wash kits.

All of which could have been good money towards getting a new PC to replace the failing piece of crap I'm stuck with at the moment. WHICH IS WHAT I HAD ASKED FOR. Sigh.

I got Lars von Trier's Antichrist, Saints Row the Third, Tom Waits' Alice on vinyl, some extremely nice whiskey glasses, new rechargeable battery packs for my 360 controllers, and a digital picture frame. I'm pretty pleased with them.

A seafood lunch, some jammie dodgers, two pairs of socks and a thermal vest. The last two weren't really presents and were handed over in the hallway on a "bought these in case you needed any" basis.

1TB Seagate HDD
4 pack of Ass Kickin' hot sauce
$50
Wallet
Sonny Chiba DVDs
Body wash
Skyrim
RAGE Anarchy Edition

Dang, I got quite a loot this year!

A hat
Some gloves
A watch
Pants
Half-Life 1
Half-Life 2
Three shirts
A new wallet
Mints
And a chocolate bar.

A pair of leather volley shoes, a silver necklace and a U2 360 Concert DVD. I don't ask for much really (I have my 21st coming up soon anyway) but I'm mainly in for drinking grog during Christmas, which was Jagermeister on ice and Scotch whiskey, my two preferred weapons of choice.

ArmouredBlood said:

reeses peanut butter cup trees

My name is bytor and I'm a Reese's Peanut Butter Tree/Heart/Egg addict.

I'm most excited about these three B Horror compilation disks.

Merry Christmas.

I got confirmation that my Mum thinks I'm getting fat :P I also had plenty of free drink (always good), a nice dinner and a good time with family and friends thereof.

And from a consumerist point of view the main present I got was a Creative Zen X-Fi2. Seems like a nifty MP3 player, but I'm a bit concerned that the touch screen on it doesn't seem very good.