Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

New Years speedmapping session

It's been a while since I held one and I thought what better to ring in the new year by having a little speedmapping. I'll announce the theme on Dec 31st 10 AM EST. Start signing up. I'd like to see some new people in this one :) Yes, the usual speedmappers are welcome too. :P

Hmm, if I have off that day, or I go in at noon instead of 11:00, I might participate. I'll post again when I know my schedule.

DoomHero85 said:

Dec 31st 10 AM EST

If I'm correct, that's pretty much one hour before the new year. :P

I'm interested. Let's see if I can remember. :P

I am going out. Which is why I'm posting the stuff in the morning so that you guys can make a quick map and then go out and drink :) I will let on that each map should be 60 minutes of mapping for this one.

Okay, sorry this post is a little late. I am not on my computer.

The theme is a winter castle with a molten river going through it. Good luck. You have until 11:59 PM EST to submit your map.

I'll try this, sounds interesting. Do you know any good "wintery" texture packs I could use though?

Man, I want to get cracking on some mapping soon. My stupid girlfriend is making me go out for New Year's. We'll probably hit up a restaurant and a dumb bar to go listen to some loud music. Then she's going to have too much to drink and start hitting on other girls. We'll probably have sex or something, too.

*sigh*

TimeOfDeath said:

I started making one but didn't finish. :/

Same here. One hour is too rough for me. I prefer 4 hour sessions (like we usually have on the russian forums).

k, well I'll finish mine tonight if you finish yours. :)

Mine's really small, but I just wasn't feeling the "mapping vibe" two nights ago for whatever reason.

Well I'm a little late on this one, but here is my 2012 celebration wad:

FoH Fort 2012 Celebration DOWNLOAD

I fully intended to get it done on new year's eve, but DB2 crashed on various occasions and in the end just got to drunk and happy to care about doom mapping (which probably happened to most folks around here). Still, I think the spirit of the original version I had in mind is intact.

I'd like to get this play tested here before submitting to archives.

Enjoy!