Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Is JUSTATTACKED useful in Dehacked?

Does JUSTATTACKED (take 1 step before attacking) have any use if set in Dehacked at startup? I see some authors are using it, but I can't detect the gameplay difference (unlike JUSTHIT which is useful). And the reaction time does delay their first attack, IF they aren't damaged, in which case the reaction gets reset to 0.

printz said:

Does JUSTATTACKED (take 1 step before attacking) have any use if set in Dehacked at startup? I see some authors are using it, but I can't detect the gameplay difference (unlike JUSTHIT which is useful). And the reaction time does delay their first attack, IF they aren't damaged, in which case the reaction gets reset to 0.

The JUSTATTACKED flag is part of the game's method of keeping monsters from attacking too often. It is what is ignored in Nightmare mode to make monsters attack constantly.

Setting it on a monster at spawn should make it walk one extra time the first time it randomly decides to attack. Other than that, it will have no effect. The flag gets turned off and on during the playsim for each monster.