Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Woman punches out 70 year old clerk for being asked for a reciept to return item

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/26/jacquetta-simmons-arrested-punched-walmart-employee_n_1169984.html?ncid=webmail1

Yep... Woman punched out a 70 year old Walmart clerk for asking if she had a receipt to return an item. Funny considering Walmart will let you return 3 receiptless items per year... Even more funny is when the woman was cornered and caught, police found receipts in her bag. (edit) previous comments removed due to my poor form of sarcasm.

Yeah, Walmart during the holidays comes dangerously close to gaining "mob mentality" status. It's a disturbing scene to witness.

geo said:

Perhaps said 70 year old was being racist at the time...

???

I'm sure any Wal-Mart employee would lose his or her job in a heartbeat if they said something even remotely racist. Even if the greeter was somehow rude or off-color in her remarks(which is highly unlikely), that still doesn't justify "Jacquetta" punching her in the face.

geo said:

[url]Maybe the 70 year old clerk will die from brain hemoraging so the woman can get manslaughter or murder in the 3rd degree.

Yes, lets hope someone dies so we can impose the sentence we want and satisfy our primitive needs for punishment.

seriously dude

Vordakk said:

???

I'm sure any Wal-Mart employee would lose his or her job in a heartbeat if they said something even remotely racist. Even if the greeter was somehow rude or off-color in her remarks(which is highly unlikely), that still doesn't justify "Jacquetta" punching her in the face.

While I doubt a 70 year old would do anything, a lot of Walmart employees can get pretty ballsy with their customers.

Marcaek said:

Yes, lets hope someone dies so we can impose the sentence we want and satisfy our primitive needs for punishment.

seriously dude

Thank you! I'm so tired of this mentality.

Written sarcasm is hard to tell... Perhaps it will get me jakked in the face. 4 serious.

People asking to see receipts at the door deserve to be punched in the face for being willing to do such a job. Punching people in the face is wrong in general, and the woman deserves what punishment she gets, but I have no sympathy for the stupid bitch.

Aliotroph? said:

People asking to see receipts at the door deserve to be punched in the face for being willing to do such a job. Punching people in the face is wrong in general, and the woman deserves what punishment she gets, but I have no sympathy for the stupid bitch.

I haven't encountered a time when a greeter asked to check my receipt unless the alarm went off, but the woman was probably just following orders from her superiors.

geo said:

Maybe the 70 year old clerk will die from brain hemoraging so the woman can get manslaughter or murder in the 3rd degree.

So you're wishing DEATH on someone, so that SERIOUS PUNISHMENT can be inflicted on another?

Man, if you want someone to die and someone to get put away, why not go kick a cat in the head and lock yourself in a trunk for ten years?

Fucks sake is wrong with you?

geo said:

Written sarcasm is hard to tell... Perhaps it will get me jakked in the face. 4 serious.

Apparently we've been trolled. Apparently.

Aliotroph? said:

They ask everybody. Lots of stores try that tactic. Future Shop used to be somewhat notorious for it too. It's offensive.

You might feel differently if you owned a store which was frequented by thieves.

Anyone seen the movie the Garden State? It happens...

Aliotroph? said:

People asking to see receipts at the door deserve to be punched in the face for being willing to do such a job.

Door clerks are trapped between their horrible job and starvation. It's not like anyone aspires to be a greeter.

And how wrong and frustrating does their job have to be before I'm permitted to hate them? Do they actually have to be thieves and murderers or can we go for a higher standard?

They are of course far less annoying than telemarketers and those volunteers who always ask for money. There's no excuse for that kind of thing existing in any form. At least door clerks also tend to have a helpful function most of the time.

But like I said, put the puncher in jail or do what it takes to keep her from punching people when she gets mad. That's worse.

Unfortunately, in an effort to establish a good credit score, I'm obligated to shop at walmart at least a little bit using my walmart credit card.

Walmart greeters can be pretty annoying. For a while my local walmart's security system was a pain in the ass. It would sound everytime I tried to walk out the door with anything from the electronics department after I've paid for it. I always had the receipt ready and in my hand but it sucked to have to be stopped every single time. Still, I don't like to give anyone a hard time. Being at work sucks so I usually try to make their job as enjoyable as possible by cooperating with them and not making a fuss.

This is a bad enough story but the one also listed on the linked page - the one about a wheelchair-bound drug addict who sexually abused an 8 month old chihuahua - takes the biscuit IMO. O_O

Aliotroph? said:

And how wrong and frustrating does their job have to be before I'm permitted to hate them?

Forgive them not seven times, but seventy times seven. Reserve your hate for the executives who will only pay someone to be something horrible.

One year, the first year the SuperCenter was open, they tried to stop everybody on their way out of the door on Black Friday.

The line to get out was 3x longer than the line to get in had ever been (and back then in 2003ish or whenever that was, the lines didn't get anything like they do now).

We just barged our way through and went out the door. If they tried to detain me, I was going to press charges for false arrest. This was the last time, btw, that I was ever in a Wal-Mart on Black Friday :P