Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spinesplitter

Tell Me Your Dream Weapon for Doom

The usual:

-rifle that shoots a very powerful round and has pinpoint accuracy, may or may not pierce targets

-inaccurate, hitscan, full-auto gun that shoots explosive shells and roots you in place while firing

-chain lightning

-grenade launcher that shoots grenades which attach themselves to the target, a few may exist at once, and the grenades explode when the carrier dies or when detonated remotely

-some sort of area of effect weapon that causes the hit area to damage everything that comes close

A Wraithverge that kills all monsters in the cluster, then resurrects them all for you.

1. A tazer that temporarily stuns a monster (puts it into a long lasting pain state), complete with (harmless) bolts of electricity that come out of them while stunned.
2. A punch attack that drains the target's health and gives it to the player.
3. Some sort of concussion or flash grenade.
4. A scoped DMR.

A weapon that fires leaping chainsaws that jump at monsters and chainsaw them, similar to how those annoying monkey skull thingies in the third level of Castlevania act.

hervoheebo said:

-grenade launcher that shoots grenades which attach themselves to the target, a few may exist at once, and the grenades explode when the carrier dies or when detonated remotely.

Sort of like the special grenades in the Quake extensions where you fire on grenade and it bursts into a spray of mini grenades that blanket a small area and cause massive damage. Maybe you could re-design the Skulltag grenade launcher.

Technician said:

Razor dildo.

Yeah, but only if powered by this.

portal gun, maybe with vacuum in it so monsters get sucked in, and then back out the other portal

Then you can group monsters for infighting party

I'd like to see the cerebral bore from Turok 2 recreated in Doom, or perhaps the farsight from Perfect Dark. Either one would be pretty overpowered from Doom's point.

Imp said:

Is this a quote from a flash movie on Newgrounds? Buzz Bunny (or something like that).

2:45 "Heh, I'm gonna rape your ass with a razor dildo".

lazer gun that shoots really fast. Projectiles are much faster than plasma balls, but rate of fire is less than plasma rifle. so the rate of fire is a little faster than a chaingun but the lasers fly 2.5x faster than the plasma projectiles. Damage a little more than the chaingun and a little less than the plasma.

Hellbent said:

Stuff

Let me guess...it's called a Clause gun, right?

I don't think the two are entirely unrelated ;-)

Block gun (gun that shoots stackable blocks and something to remove them)
Grabbing gun to move blocks
Flame thrower
Explosive launcher
Gravity gun (to throw things)
Anti gravity guy (shoot something and it flies up (hopefully into spikes))
Bouncing energy gun (ball of energy that bounces around and kills anything in its path including you)
Laser gun to cut through enemies
Repulser gun (shoots enemies away but does not kill them)
Sentries (you put down)
Black hole grenades (sucks anything into it)
Saw blade grenades (throw grenade and saw blade comes out of it and skitters along the ground before you blow it up)
Laser whip (that can lash limbs off)
Soul shooter (shoot someone with it and become them)
Poison gun (to hurt enemies long range instead of shooting close enemies)
Rail gun (rails through enemies)
Sniper rifle
Bait grenade (baits all enemies for 10 seconds before blowing up)
Acid jar
Portal Gun
Ressurection Gun (use it on dead humans who will then get up and fight for you)
Laser mines
Shrink Ray
Freeze Ray
Bladed Boomerang

I love Big Fragging Gun 9000 and I have a lot of practice in maximizing the BFG damage, so it's my dream weapon. As for an extra weapon I would wish to have, it would be "superchaingun". In a funny Russian game called Doom2D there is a 8th weapon which fires shotgun shells with a rate of chaingun (10 shots per second).

In Doom2D the BFG is less powerful than in the original game, so the superchaingun is the strongest weapon there. In our native Doom2 it would have an inferior power to the BFG (which can do up to 300 HP per shot), but still a great one (70 HP per second). And most importantly, the superchaingun would be perfect for defense, as it fires constantly and keeps the monsters in pain constantly.

- I always liked in the past a tripple, quad or quadraple or whatever shotgun but I think it has been done already.
- A rope that you can shoot to attach to surface and you swing around, like indiana jones or castlevania 4 for example. I think there was something like this for Quake 1 already? Wondering how manuverable it is and if it's possible for Doom?
- Someone said black hole, I am curious about black hole sucking to it's core every monster or object around and then spitting them outwards with a flash, like the black hole weapon in Crush the Castle 2.

I am curious how much scripting the last two would require and if it's easily doable.