Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Deus Ex IW

Just got a copy of this game to see what it's like, and it's pretty terrible from what I've seen. Horrible voice acting, awkward model poses and shitty animation, and just this feel of cheapness.

I'm also having a bit of trouble with loading, it takes forever to actually start loading, and when it does load, it's actually pretty quick. Why does it need all that time before it starts to even do anything? Is there a to can fix it?

It got mediocre reviews when it was released 7 years ago, and I can't image why it would have aged like a good wine.

Vaporizer said:

You except a Deus Ex game to have good voice acting?

The first game may have had some cheesy moments, but the voice acting for the main cast was very good. Side characters varied (some were pretty awful), but the majority of it was well done. The third game had consistently good voice acting throughout the entire game. This, the characters sound very unenthusiastic and bored.

Vaporizer said:

Also I like IW.

I'm willing to give it a chance (which is why I got it), but I'm not impressed so far. I've only just escaped the Taurus labs, so I dunno, maybe it gets better. Deus Ex 1 started out rather bland too, but got awesome pretty quickly after the first few levels.

Sodaholic said:

The first game may have had some cheesy moments, but the voice acting for the main cast was very good. Side characters varied (some were pretty awful), but the majority of it was well done.

No, deus ex had pretty bad voice acting throughout. But honestly, it's really no better or worse than in IW.

I'm willing to give it a chance (which is why I got it), but I'm not impressed so far. I've only just escaped the Taurus labs, so I dunno, maybe it gets better.

It really depends on how you want to approach it. You've only left taurus? That's literally the first 5 minutes of the game. IW gets a lot of flak for being a 'terrible game'. But I've played many, many games that are far worse. It's 'terrible' in comparison to the original so-called 'greatest game ever made' by some. It's hard to live up to such expectations. It's not without its flaws, but neither is the original.

If you can live with the UI and the fact it's a console port, you're going to actually find an alright deus ex sequel in it. But bear in mind the game itself is not nearly as large as the original, it's maybe only 1/2 as long and it does get rushed and bad at the very end of the game.

Craigs said:

Alex Denton is a douchey metrosexual version of JC Denton.

Never thought of it that way, but now that you mention it he is a bit metro :)

I hated it when I first played it, but now I think it's an okay game, and revisiting it a couple of years ago convinced me that regardless of it's flaws the storyline still has that DX charm, something I've found missing entirely in HR.

Just remember to grab the mag rail and fit it with ammo consumption and emp mods if you want to avoid excessive melee in the later stages.

One of these days, I should load this back up and play using only the Muscles mod that lets you damage and kill enemies by lobbing objects at them.