Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. T

Happy New Year

Late for me (7:16am), but happy new year.

I had work yesterday and have again today, so had a normal night's sleep. Waking up to see everyone's "drunken" Facebook statuses shows I haven't really missed anything anyway.

lots a people on doomworld this new year

Tipsyposting ITT

THanks for all the WADs Doom, and the PK3s (I guess)

Here's to another year of stupid (and not so stupid) shit

2011 was a shitty year and I'm glad to see it gone. Seriously, just about everything that could have gone wrong this year did. Worst year of my life, practically speaking, but I think mentally I handled it great. Unless you think my new obsession with Ponies is a sign of me going insane.

Anyway, last night's party was a fucking blast. A lot more people showed up than I was expecting, and I met some new people. I got pretty fucking drunk along with everyone else there, and at midnight, we kicked off the new year with an epic Nerf fight. When I ran out of ammo, I grabbed my friend's Pinkie Pie bubble blower and created a wall of bubbles until she started foaming at the mouth. Also, we watched a bunch of Riff Trax and Star Wars Robot Chicken episodes. Got home this morning and grabbed some donuts on the way back. Delicious first meal of the year.

Mr. Freeze said:

I am so glad 2011 is over. Worst year I've had in a long time. Onto 2012!

This.

I despise 2011. Glad like hell it's over.

Yeah Happy New Year, only 355 days til we can round up all the naive, ignorant, gullible morons who believe in the 21 December apocalypse and justifiably eliminate them from our gene pool.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Danarchy said:

2011 was a shitty year and I'm glad to see it gone. Seriously, just about everything that could have gone wrong this year did. Worst year of my life, practically speaking, but I think mentally I handled it great.

Yeah, 2011 was certainly on the shitty side and I'm glad it's over, especially the first 1/4 or so... certain people are just nuts. Last New Years was a nightmare and the worst I ever had. The year was fukked from day one and who the hell fucks up New Years... just mental. Heh.

Danarchy said:

Unless you think my new obsession with Ponies is a sign of me going insane.

I think Powerpuff Girls would be a healthier obsession.

Danarchy said:

Got home this morning and grabbed some donuts on the way back. Delicious first meal of the year.

Nothing but donuts this year. Do it.

Anyway I think 2011 was an alright year.

Just going to resound everyone's voices that 2011 was a shitty year and I went through periods of severe depression where I started losing my will to live.

Anyway, whatever I had a blast on new years.

2011 wasn't such a bad year overall. Stock markets went a bit nuts over issues that weren't anything new, but stock markets do that every now and then. Rotten year for Christchurch and the Sendai region, of course. But what year is free from natural disasters?

Danarchy said:

Unless you think my new obsession with Ponies is a sign of me going insane.

Once I stopped hating and actually tried it, Ponies is probably the best thing to happen to me in 2011.

Was a great year for me. I was very prolific throughout and many life issues were elucidated.

Ultraboy94 said:

Once I stopped hating and actually tried it, Ponies is probably the best thing to happen to me in 2011.

Just a little eccentric, but if you say so.

2011 was good for me in the sense that i've ventured into new experiences, ones i hadn't done before. I moved home to live with my fiancée in a flat (apartment), made new friends, got a better sense of responsibility and became more independent, so not bad at all.

2012? Well, can't say for sure until it's over.

I don't quite see how you can rate a whole year without coming out with an "It was alright" at the end in 99% of cases. I've probably had some of the best and some of the worst days of my life this year and I've had some big acheivements too (graduated with a 1st, got a job paying £20,000 a year working with databases), so I'd that this is a year where a lot of big things happened for me. Gauging the overall positivity though? Both of the big acheivements have taken me away from the lives I was used to and enjoyed. I think this year was still just "alright" for me, like other years, but the average is formed from some pretty major extremes.

Phobus said:

I've probably had some of the best and some of the worst days of my life this year.

Kinda like that here, the 3 months since September were great, new girlfriend and all, then we break up 3 days before New Years Eve because she wants to be independent and doesn't wan't anything serious to come from our relationship. At least the party invitations that I bought came cheap.

Beat that.

Ultraboy94 said:

Honestly, I think if it wasn't for ponies, I would have taken losing my job a little worse. That show has seriously made me at least a bit happier overall.

Belial said:

Kinda like that here, the 3 months since September were great, new girlfriend and all, then we break up 3 days before New Years Eve because she wants to be independent and doesn't wan't anything serious to come from our relationship. At least the party invitations that I bought came cheap.

Beat that.

Well, aside from the aforementioned new job and completed high-scoring degree, the first 4 and a half months of 2011 were spent with the best girlfriend I've ever had, including a day where I took her on a tour round London. Within two weeks of said day I'm at Manchester Airport putting on a brave face as she's crying her way onto the plane back home to Dubai for the last time. It's since been 7 months and I'm still not properly over her. I'm still trying to go out and see her and this has been on the cards since September, being stopped over and over again by things outside of our control. I know full well we're not going to be together again, but I wanted to be out there for her birthday. Thanks to my job I now will have to miss that by a month.

Not sure it beats your story, but I'm not sure it's a competition I'd want to win!

That's not even to mention my Nan succumbing to cancer in the summer (good that she's not suffering any more after so long, sad that she's gone) and funeral that followed (I'd never been to one before).

Life certainly has it's ups and downs - it just seems that as I get older there's greater heights and deeper lows.

Happy New Year!

Twenty-twelve sounds cool so it's bound to be a rocking 366 days. It's just another day, but that means anything can happen, for better or worse.