Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

So nobody noticed a map being unfinishable for a few months? Courtesy of keeping around as much as a grand total of one tester, I guess. Yeeesh.

Some major stuff that washed up meanwhile.
- map 11 - OMG
- map 18 - faulty manc teleporter dummy room
- map 21 - YK column can get stuck if you rapidly press switches

minor/mp stuff
- map 1 - line 1739 is easy to skip, happenned to me multiple times
- map 3 - read krawa's post
- maps 25, 26, 28 ,29, 30 need additional mp backpacks
- map 23 - additional YKs in mp or something like that
- map 20 one cyb is stuck in blocklines if using a port which enlarges hitboxes, also monsters teleporting to last room can clog up dummy rooms and it can take a very long time for them to teleport out (long narrow teleporters are usually trouble)
- map 15 breaks up zandro, most likely that damn port can't handle some generalized action
- map 13 - supposedly you can get stuck in mastermind room in mp, unconfirmed
- map 30 - one more place discovered which can cause getting stuck in mp somewhere around BK (?), supposedly "HUGE" framedrop in last room in mp ports which will almost certainly remain just like that unless somebody comes up with simple solution for fixing

The only thing an update can hurt now will be some dickish demos incompatibility and Ribbiks's feelings. Well, av ks and s2 all desynced like 100 demos each with new releases so it's still not all that horrifying yet. If I missed anything effed up with final release, post up and I'll edit this list.

It will probably be much more convenient if just one person edits currently final version instead of everybody spamming new map versions. Most of issues require minor amount of effort to fix anyway, I hope.

I can propose that MAP21's YK problem is easily resolved by simply moving the switches back further from each other so the player can't reach them in time enough to clog them up. Shouldn't really bother normal play, as once you press some switches you won't want to be in the middle anyways or risk being surrounded.

As for MAP11, I'm not entirely sure why that happened, I guess I re-designed the look of the area without realizing the map logic breaking. I say change the line actions to open door, and if possible auto-align the wood textures in the final room because they have some gnarly misalignment now :/

Or, I can fix these and upload, whatever's easiest.

map30 is fine online, i have no fps drop at all, and grandvoid server (the only one that is permanently up) tends to lag heavily for a few seconds upon pressing the button past pinky bfg. This doesn't happen on bestever servers, so it's just a bandwidth problem or whatever.
If some fix is actually going to happen, here are problems with map30. They are probably known, but oh well:
-RSK part can get broken if someone dies inside. It seems the only way to get in is to do an unguided glide through big bars. And since for some reason zandro devs changed the sine table to a more precise one (i think), there is no drift to the left, which makes unguided glides insanely difficult.
-BSK side, small room with imps, columns and a button that releases revs+viles. If someone dies there, the area gets blocked off. Double rocketjump allows to get inside again though.
Maybe we missed any buttons/teleporters? Still finishable and very playable though.

Had no problems playing map15 in zandro just few days ago. Maybe someone tested it offline? For some reason zandro screws up voodoo dolls offline, so it's advised to always start a dummy local server to avoid that, if one is trying to use the port for testing.

good to hear it runs acceptably with the right settings or what have you.

bloodite pointed out the BSK room, so that will definitely be fixed.

as for the RSK area, good catch! I forgot about those bars.

thanks!

j4rio said:

It will probably be much more convenient if just one person edits currently final version instead of everybody spamming new map versions.

I'm going to interpret this as "Ribbiks, go fix this", so allrighty, I'll take care of the bulk of it.

Rayzik: I wouldn't mind it if you posted fixes to 11, 21 yourself though :)

Ribbiks said:

I'm going to interpret this as "Ribbiks, go fix this", so allrighty, I'll take care of the bulk of it.

teehee
btw I'll post a new version of 23 with the mp keys

Ribbiks said:

Thanks, you're my favorite servant.

Nah, really, I wouldn't mind doing it myself.

10 months after 2012, when will the madness end?

SF2012_final.wad

- bug-fixes for maps 01, 11, 18, 20, 21, 23, 30
- MP fixes (eg extra backpacks and such) for maps 25, 26, 28, 29, 30

maps that desync demos recorded on previous versions: 01, 11, 18, 20, 21, 30

Just noticed a bug in SF2012_final, switches don't animate nor make any sound in map26.

Likely this is not new, the switches must have been missing from the SWITCHES lump from the start, but I never actually played the map in the SF2012 wad (as opposed to my single wad version) so didn't notice. Oops. The specific textures missing in the SWITCHES lump are QRUNE4 and QRUNE5 (QRUNE4 -> QRUNE5).

Thank you for fixing my map kind sirs :o

Admittedly I wanted to make something remarkable for SF2013 but it appears that won't transpire now thanks to my hectic work load. Shame as I began to draw it out on paper.

I found myself watching the awesome demos you guys have been making of this wad, and trying to recognize the midi of map 24 is driving me nuts! :) What song is it? It's not listed in the wad text file and I even tried to find it with a melody recognition software with slim luck.

Btw, sorry for screwing up the switches lump, Phml. I know it's easy to use, but that boomanimtool hates me. Is it possible for you to edit the switches lump that's in the wad, or do I have to make a new one on my other computer?