Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

I filled out dobugabumaru's excel sheet.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/SF12.xlsx

Points of interest with it to me atm are
- Slaughtenstein - where to put it - 15 is too soon, 31 is IMO no good
- Stitch - I didn't include it, instead I placed boxv2 to fit with rest
- I used up 34 spots, left one free for either fourtress or GoS map - if both were to be tuned up, then I'd pull pure hate from main wad
- map slots were pinned in without that much thinking it through and is based on hazy recollection about some maps
- ToD maps besides degrassi/hospital are particularly difficult for me to insert... damn (have you tried to fix degrassi glboom homs btw?)

May I have my submitted map's name be changed to "Ascend to Hell" ? "final level concept" is'nt really a name and it's been bugging me.

Hey guys, bad news. There's been a death in my family and I won't be able to be somewhere where I can work on my submissions and upload them in time. So, I will regretfully have to leave SoH.wad as it is (unless someone is crazy enough to try and fix it). Below are my latest versions of Warborn.wad and WWMIH.wad.

Warborn v4

Walk With Me In Hell v3

Warborn should be good to go pending approval from the project admins.

WWMIH needs some work if someone is up to the task, mainly difficulty settings and spots to get back up into the play area if a player falls off. I was in the middle of this before this issue came about, and it should be simple to finish. Also, I didn't make the title patch for the end screen so that would need to be made as well. Otherwise, WWMIH will probably become a reject.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for understanding.

Rayzik said:

WWMIH needs some work if someone is up to the task, mainly difficulty settings and spots to get back up into the play area if a player falls off. I was in the middle of this before this issue came about, and it should be simple to finish. Also, I didn't make the title patch for the end screen so that would need to be made as well. Otherwise, WWMIH will probably become a reject.

map's way too good to be thrown out, I'm sure we'll make the minor changes and have it incorporated.

In other news map30 is killing me. put about ~70 hrs into it so far and I'm only about 1/3 done, gonna run out of segs at this rate. Probably the wrong place to ask this but is there anyway to save a map in doombuilder without rebuilding the nodes? because that part seems to take forever.

Sorry about your familys loss Rayzik, your levels are really good, and I am sure we can tweak them into the finished article :)
@Ribbiks, keep at it, i'm sure the map will be awesome

If you haven't done so already, you can try using ZDBSP (no reject). Takes mere seconds to build nodes with that option even on humongous maps.

TimeOfDeath said:

j4rio, I tried to fix degrassi but I don't think it will work without rebuilding nodes.

Well, with those homs that watery section is more or less unplayable for me and I don't want to transfer to prb+ because of it. You could fix it and version your demo plays back with could be afterwards uploaded to dsda as sf12_old. It would encourage somebody else to try recording it after all, I think.

The only flaw I noticed with WWMIH is that you can easily play it pacifist-ish.

shore of hell v2
http://filesmelt.com/dl/SOHellV2.wad
judgement dematerialized itself from my PC

... I don't really miss it.

- is the final map listing going to be based on me?
- is using mapslots 33-35 fine?
- can there be silent midis added to maps without custom midis?
- is anybody working on finalizing GoS map?
- @Phml - prefering stitch or boxv2?
- @Phml - Slaughtenstein remove/keep secret exit section?
- @ToD - Degrassi - fix HOMs?
- I know I'm already annoying with this shit but I'd really like final clear Y/N answers so I know what to count with

Also, I'd say keep just Archi as "official" damned legion author and have a note in txt of sf say that danne/I did some bugfixing. I'm not sure if bugfixing is considerable as way of authorship.

here's a link to judgement desu no: http://www.mediafire.com/?13k41rg2skb9yd4

Also I think it might be sensible to have a contingency plan for the map30 slot (degrassi?). I've sunk a good bit of time into the one I'm making, but it's still probably only around 40% done. I'd feel bad causing delay for the final wad because I'm taking too long, but at the same time I don't want to rush making it.

shores of hell v3 for you ToD (in case you wanted to see the difference between 2 and 3)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pd3vrsxc9utf389

If nobody is claiming GoS's map, I can try and take a crack at spicing it up. I'm not really going to expand too much on it, so it can stay a pretty short/fun experience.

And as far as I know, you're the only one who has played through every release j4rio, so it might as well be you finalizing the list.

Thanks for the links, guys. Once the maplist is decided, we can start compiling. But it'll take some work to gather all the used textures and flats.

Is everyone ok with j4rio's proposed maplist?

About MAP30, it sounds like Ribbiks' map won't be finished in time. I don't want degrassi to be map30 because of the monster telefrags. Any ideas?

j4rio said:

- is the final map listing going to be based on me?
- is using mapslots 33-35 fine?
- can there be silent midis added to maps without custom midis?
- @ToD - Degrassi - fix HOMs?

- sounds good to me, we'll see what others think
- you placed the pink bfg maps in 33-35, right? I think that's a good idea
- sure we can add silent midis for those maps, unless the author is against it
- I still haven't decided... :)

I'll replay few maps I don't recall too well and if I notice something additional, I'll come bragging here as usual.

Castle lava
- SSG is placed awkwardly, it's very easy not to notice picking it, as its sprite is almost invisible under BFG and forced pickup always results in wielding BFG. I'd move SSG next to starting position.
- Beginning of map would play rather terribly in multiplayer. If somebody wakes imps (guaranteed) or fails to get to other side, map becomes more or less unbeatable. Another reason for moving SSG to start.
- There is this very awkward wall texture through which you can shoot upper revs. I think it looks rather silly. Around 3 minutes in - http://filesmelt.com/dl/castle-demo.lmp

Also, I'll definitely alter my list after I go through few maps again.

About MAP30, it sounds like Ribbiks' map won't be finished in time. I don't want degrassi to be map30 because of the monster telefrags. Any ideas?

If Ribbiks has already made around half of it, there's really no point for rushing. Besides, it's not like everybody is expecting sf in anticipation. It can be postponed, I think. A month or so won't cause harm whatsoever, the worst that can happen is a bunch of undiscovered bugs/stuff washing on surface.

If ribbiks massive map isn't going to get finished for this wad, then according to my logic, it means the two borderline maps (elme's fourtress and a fixed up version of gos's map) will be in, fourtress is currently being fixed up by me and j4rio (I'd better get my butt in gear there), and dobugabumaru has power station covered.

j4rio said:

If Ribbiks has already made around half of it, there's really no point for rushing. Besides, it's not like everybody is expecting sf in anticipation. It can be postponed, I think. A month or so won't cause harm whatsoever, the worst that can happen is a bunch of undiscovered bugs/stuff washing on surface.

K, that makes me feel slightly better about it, I suppose there's inevitably going to be a compilation latency that gives me some extra time anywho. Now that I'm done with exams hopefully I can get some serious work done on it.

- @Phml - prefering stitch or boxv2?
- @Phml - Slaughtenstein remove/keep secret exit section?

Stitch. Boxv2 isn't an option. It doesn't exist. Anyone who thinks they have played it has been mindcontrolled.

I've wanted Slaughtenstein to be at the map31 slot since the beginning. That was its premise (tie-in with SF2011 map31), and obviously I would prefer for it to be there. If for some reason it turns out it can't be in that slot, so be it, but I won't do any extra work. I'll just pout and sulk. Really loudly. :)

Phml said:

I've wanted Slaughtenstein to be at the map31 slot since the beginning. That was its premise (tie-in with SF2011 map31), and obviously I would prefer for it to be there.

That sounds good to me, and it sounds like Phml feels strongly about this, so do you think you could rearrange your maplist j4rio?

j4rio said:

Castle lava
- SSG is placed awkwardly, it's very easy not to notice picking it, as its sprite is almost invisible under BFG and forced pickup always results in wielding BFG. I'd move SSG next to starting position.
- Beginning of map would play rather terribly in multiplayer. If somebody wakes imps (guaranteed) or fails to get to other side, map becomes more or less unbeatable. Another reason for moving SSG to start.
- There is this very awkward wall texture through which you can shoot upper revs. I think it looks rather silly. Around 3 minutes in - http://filesmelt.com/dl/castle-demo.lmp

Castle Lava 2

- only reason I added ssg to the map at all was because Phml asked, and I wanted pacifist start until bfg
- ok, I put multiplayer ssgs at the start
- I agree it looks silly, but I never changed it because I *think* it's faster to bfg the revs from the top, plus they can shoot at you through the texture too. :)

Phml said:

Stitch. Boxv2 isn't an option. It doesn't exist. Anyone who thinks they have played it has been mindcontrolled.

*shrugs*

I thought it would work around 300% better in multiplayer as boxv2, and not particularly worse in singleplayer, if worse at all.

Phml said:
I've wanted Slaughtenstein to be at the map31 slot since the beginning. That was its premise (tie-in with SF2011 map31), and obviously I would prefer for it to be there. If for some reason it turns out it can't be in that slot, so be it, but I won't do any extra work. I'll just pout and sulk. Really loudly. :)

It's just that gmork's map along with hospital aren't slaughtery, more like hard-type sort, so I thought they would fit to secret maps together both the best. Besides, nobody really remembers sf31 anyways. :P

TimeOfDeath said:

That sounds good to me, and it sounds like Phml feels strongly about this, so do you think you could rearrange your maplist j4rio?

I don't have a backup rearranging plan with Phml's preferency though, nor do I think it would be a satisfactory sorting for me, more like compromise which I might end up not liking myself. I'll do a list how I see fit, and then Phml or rest of you can alter it up to your preferencies.

Here is just about the most idealistic map placement from my end. I think everything fits like a solved puzzle. If you have preferencies, edit this sheet and upload the altered version here.

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/SF121.xlsx

Also, there will probably be issues with midis of maps placed to 33-35. 33 shares briefing midi, 34 intro midi and 35 victory midi. Slot 33 isn't a problem, but 34 and 35 are. Both hard contact and boomtown come along with own midis, so only one is "safe" and other has to share with either victory or intro midi. I think both boomtown and hardcontact midis would work fine as victory ones, so it's probably just up to preferences. This just needs to be borne in mind when putting together interpic.

Don't use any of my maps in SF2012. This is not a "please". This is not a "maybe", or open to debate. Just don't do it, this is my final word on this. I won't read this thread further so it's not misinterpreted as a willingness to reconsider.

Ideallistic = as good as possible, but highly unlikely. My listing is ideallistic because I'm well aware of all preferencies and treat them as a priority, but don't know how to cope with them yet.

If you have a different reason, then I'm sorry to hear that and will think of different map list.

Is drama happening, I can't tell.
In any case I had this idea for a title pic or whatever. Its like a comic with multiple frames or something. In frame 1 doomguy has a bfg rammed up a crying cyber's ass. Blasted bits of previous cybers are strewn about. Frame 2 cyber is blasted as doomguy pulls the trigger. Frame 3 shows the anus remaining on his gun. Frame 4 doomguy is serving a platter of what looks like onion rings to other doomguys. One of them says "these are delicious onion rings doomguy". And he says "well, let's just call them... o rings... for short".
Or something.

I forget if these are all boom, or some zdoom. If the latter, I think a separate wad should hold zdoom maps vs boom maps etc. Otherwise you have to remember "ok, zdoom maps start on map 21" or something. Also I still think 33+ maps is like showing off a trick to make SUPER SECRET maps in beyond-32 locations, but breaking idclev in prboom makes it suck imo, so 2 separate wads would be better imo. But I already said that, or wrote rather, because I don't actually say stuff aloud when I type.

We are too mature for drama. AMIRITE?

A titlepic by you would be the best thing ever.

j4rio said:

Besides, nobody really remembers sf31 anyways. :P

It's one of the most memorable maps from the whole wad (even though i dislike it). At least i and one other random dude think so!

jongo said:

It's one of the most memorable maps from the whole wad (even though i dislike it). At least i and one other random dude think so!

I disliked it as well, but ToD's demo of it made me tolerate it.

Ribbiks said:

wat

Phml has a bad habit of overreacting. But I'm honestly not sure what is it this time. I just hope he is fine and nothing unrelated to thread happenned to him.

gggmork said:

I forget if these are all boom, or some zdoom. If the latter, I think a separate wad should hold zdoom maps vs boom maps etc. Otherwise you have to remember "ok, zdoom maps start on map 21" or something. Also I still think 33+ maps is like showing off a trick to make SUPER SECRET maps in beyond-32 locations, but breaking idclev in prboom makes it suck imo, so 2 separate wads would be better imo. But I already said that, or wrote rather, because I don't actually say stuff aloud when I type.

They are all boom. No zdoomish ones are in AFAIK.

If things don't turn out very nicely in upcoming events, there will probably be no need for 33-35...