Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

You can just edit the sf2011 one and replace comments, or something. Not that much has changed, or?...

BTW, @GoS - changed mind about doing something you said about map 1, title/interpic or dehacked?

I still intend to do those things. They're in various states of progress.

I think I put the BFG string dehacked into that wad I uploaded, didn't I? Oh, but I didn't include the sound effect I chose for it, so I'd better upload that sometime too.

If people are ok with using the same format as the sf2011 text file that's fine, or if people want a new format then that's fine too.

EDIT: ok thanks GoS. Once all the graphics and dehacked and chainsaw sound is finished, could you upload those in a zipped wad without the maps plz?

btw, which dehacked did you use as a base? 2011 or 2012?

Aigh't most likely last bug batch.

- 18 - those lifts in red room with RL could really be tagged somehow, also coop monsters are silly but whatever
- 20 - needs coop teleporter to last room (nope, opening it up after the end of fight is not enough)
- 21 - yk section should be accessible after gates raise, making them openable should do the trick (or coop teleporter), also some different teleporter didn't work or something, but not sure which (memfis?)
- 22 - can get locked up in bk room if player who enters dies before lowering wall, also lava doesn't damage player
- 23 - ToD forgot to put in newer version, it had only coop SSGs most likely though
- 24 - some imp floor didn't raise, also red key door needs SR instead of S1, I'll edit this later
- 35 - beginning here was completely impossible due to rocket launchers being impossible to pick in coop, so coop rocket ammo could really be added

Other maps crashed so there's nothing else I recall that washed up.

People should work together as a team and not enter somewhere alone or face the consequences :p
Jokes aside I shall fix my maps and also try and clean up map18 a bit (this time :))

I will see what I can do on MAP21. Probably gonna be a teleporter.

EDIT: x

Fixed. Didn't find a broken teleporter...

On map25 sectors 248-249 shouldn't be damaging I think. Great music on that map btw, where did you get it?

Rayzik said:

Didn't find a broken teleporter...

Oh, forgot to tell you about this. There are some teleporters with tag 51 but no sectors with tag 51!

Memfis said:

On map25 sectors 248-249 shouldn't be damaging I think. Great music on that map btw, where did you get it?

it's a composition called "The Infinite Sky" by some dude on ultimate-guitar forums iirc, that place is a goldmine of people making guitarpro/midi in wannabe-prog and djent styles, some good tracks to be had for sure.

^

Something is wrong. Monsters in second room wake up when you make noise in starting room even though they aren't supposed to.

Yowzers, any chance we could, like, wrap this up already? There's only GoS stuff missing as I see it, because ToD is probably the last one to be bothered about tweaking multiplayer experience. :p

Especially the map 1 edit could be unleashed to public exposure, as there's few leftover multiplayer bugs in it.

I've been waiting for GoS graphics. I will add multiplayer-friendly updates of my maps of course. :)

Multiplayer ports don't have an option that treats weapon pick-ups as ammo? I know you can't pick up more weapons for ammo after you already pick one up, but it would be nice if there was an option. But I will add multiplayer ammo.

I'm not sure how but we probably managed to break map 29 as well somehow. Part at 12:00 here, those bars around lift never lowered and we ended up having to glide through them. The map is still rocketscience to me so we might have missed something.

Yeah, I noticed in demo. This was a bit more complicated though. Platforms were in the way of the shootable wall, most likely because something somehow got goofed up and linedef 3057 being a S1 refused to lower platforms. It's about as subtle as I could get because I really haven't idea what actually happenned. I suppose if linedefs 3162 and 3057 were SR rather than S1, it would be a non-issue, but it's just a guess - there might be something breaking up if they were SR that I'm unaware of, it might not even prevent the issue after all.

You're right, sorry. If 3057 was an SR you could abuse it by trapping the viles in their holes if you keep pressing the switch fast. So, I'll make 3060/3061/3062 also open the bars (you can shoot them even when the sector tag 47 floors are raised).

Since we're in a somewhat stagnating phase atm anyway, I thought I'd throw just few last suggestions regarding, well, stuff.

map 5 - I'd get rid of last switch that lowers those exit barring columns which take forever to lower. Just make a walk-over line around BFG that triggers lowering.

map 20 - I thought that coop monsters made last outside part somewhat better than what it is currently in sp. I'd flag those few avs and PEs in last room for sp as well. Also, as silly as it may sound, I think things placement in that section is a little bit of an unorganised mess. I'd add there some sort of notable platform where you can place ammo and powerup surplus which would make it obvious restock point and remove the randomly scattered ammo and powerups everywhere. It might enforce some strategizing and as it is, corpses may block view of some ammo groups.

map 22 - Lava around blue key isn't damaging, while in other places of map lava is damaging. Not sure if intentional.

Regarding 29 / 35 - Is maintaining demo compatibility a priority? If so, how much stuff is possible to edit with a map while maintaining compatibility with demos?

Regarding probably most of coop teleporters - once a function of coop teleporter becomes obsolete, make sure they stop being accessible, as they most likely just cause confusion in singleplayer. I really encourage not to bother with this, unless authors really have nothing else better to do. Just keep it in mind when doing coop stuff next time.

And as for the most annoying / most optional suggestion, I'd swap mapslots on some maps based on difficulty, which turned out to be somewhat different than what I anticipated. That is, 20 with 22 and 25 with 27.

Thoughts?

Adding coop ammo to my maps and making lines 3060/3061/3062 open the bars in map29 won't break demo compatibility (mine anyway).

A'ight, never mind then. What exactly is tolerable to change with map while maintaining demo compatibility?

Also, bump.

I reckon it has something to do with not building "teh nodes" again, whatever "teh nodes" are.

I shall do the tweaks tomorrow, too tired now :P
I think I only put the AVs in co-op to troll players outside, though they would be unfair in single player as there isn't much cover outside. But hey if it somehow works then fair enough (I will have to turn evil though for co-op)

j4rio said:

What exactly is tolerable to change with map while maintaining demo compatibility?

I don't know the exact specifics, but I think it's ok to add any things in the map if they don't appear normally in the demo (different difficulty setting, coop, etc). I don't know if you can add/delete/move vertices/lines/sectors. I think you can change textures/flats and add/remove line actions as long as they don't get activated in the demo. But if anything is changed, I think you have to use the same nodebuilder and settings when re-saving the map.

Map20 (True Grit) - http://speedy.sh/RGXhU/True-Grit-Final.wad
Some co-op monsters put in for single player, extra co-op monsters now
Map22 (Royale Arena) - http://speedy.sh/SRcWg/royale-arena-final.wad
Lava is now all non-damaging (what the point of it being damaging tbh in this map)
Map05 (Fortress Of Damnation) - http://speedy.sh/CS8wj/fodfinal.wad
Walk over lines trigger exit by bfg, few little extra details and a few extra co-op monsters.
I just hope I haven't spontaneously broken anything.
Updated textfile with all music included.
http://speedy.sh/5ZvS8/sf2012cb-textfile.txt
I also add credits to the people who also worked on Map01 because frankly most of it is not my own work anymore (GOS added assuming that my map is currently being worked on)