Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

Ribbiks said:

D+

Which is, incidentally, the same as the grade rating this wad is expected to receive from the masses.

lols yeah, sf11 has 3 stars and I could see sf12 getting 3.5 but not 4.

Thx for the new version Ribbiks. I'll post my txt stuff soon. Btw, you didn't update the dehacked lump. Could you add the bolded part to the dehacked lump plz? The codepointer stuff is near the bottom of the lump.

[CODEPTR]
Frame 699 = KeenDie
Frame 726 = WeaponReady
Frame 727 = Lower
Frame 728 = Raise
Frame 729 = BFGSound
Frame 730 = GunFlash
Frame 731 = FireBFG
Frame 732 = Refire
Frame 733 = Light1
Frame 734 = Light2
Frame 750 = Look
Frame 751 = Look
Frame 752 = FaceTarget
Frame 753 = CyberAttack

27 (or whichever is decimal error by armored blood) had laggy slowdown in D+ for me. Have no idea if that could be a "nodes" or "reject table" problem, or sometimes weird skies can cause that afaik, or maybe it just has lots of monsters and is unavoidable.

EDIT: kinda confused now, but it seems map 27 is at a playable speed when I try it again now (a bit choppy probably due to so many monsters, but seemingly playable). I now suspect I got slowdown because windows update or something was going on in the background, not sure.

The story I wrote for the wad is missing from the textfile, but I'd understand if you didn't want it in due to the sheer stupidity of it or some other reason.

What do you guys want to do with the extra maps that weren't included in the main wad?

Should we include those maps in a separate wad inside the SF2012 zip file, or upload them separately from the SF2012 zip entirely?

Also, I think we should add some playtesting credits to the txt file. I stopped updating the list on the first page around December, so there may be a few more people who submitted fdas.

Doesn't matter to me, I guess same wad with an obvious name so it isn't confused with the main wad like extraMaps.wad or something. I didn't even know there were extras.

Most of them are unfinished and/or barely playable. I'd personally vote for just forgetting about them.

This wad is really good but very very very hard, too hard for me. I played this wad in godmode just for fun I find the last maps very amazing.

Where do the musics of maps 27/30 come from?

About other maps: you may call me fucking retard but I'd personally vote for replacing map07 of current release with something more original and inspired. Seriously, isn't there anything better that this? The remaining maps could be gathered in something like 'SF2012 Rejects' or Extra or Lost Episodes or... whatever. Or forgotten completely but I think this would be an insult towards all the people who made their submissions, especially regarding the initial intention to release their maps too in that form or another.

Roofi said:

Where do the musics of maps 27/30 come from?

Map30 - Blut aus Nord's Epitome 2 (see txt), 27... sounds familiar, but I can't remember what it is.

Demonologist said:

The remaining maps could be gathered in something like 'SF2012 Rejects' or Extra or Lost Episodes or... whatever. Or forgotten completely but I think this would be an insult towards all the people who made their submissions, especially regarding the initial intention to release their maps too in that form or another.

yah yah, the biggest thing preventing me from doing that at the moment is laziness, re-compiling a new wad of texture resources and etc. I agree I'd feel slightly bad about abandoning them

^ Do we have a list of the reject maps? I could try and compile the textures since you've already done enough for this project. Also not sure if it matters, but I prefer Power Plant to kyka's MAP07.

Demonologist said:

The remaining maps could be gathered in something like 'SF2012 Rejects' or Extra or Lost Episodes or... whatever. Or forgotten completely but I think this would be an insult towards all the people who made their submissions, especially regarding the initial intention to release their maps too in that form or another.

It wouldn't be an insult, authors would be free to do with their maps whatever they want. And less unnecessary work for compiler(s). Also, those maps were more or less insults to slaughter genre. Go figure.

Demonologist said:

About other maps: you may call me fucking retard but I'd personally vote for replacing map07 of current release with something more original and inspired. Seriously, isn't there anything better that this?

no

dobugabumaru said:

Also not sure if it matters, but I prefer Power Plant to kyka's MAP07.

GoS said it's going to be used in different project, or something. It's also nowhere near finished. If it was, back then I'd vote for replacing map 4 with it. Too late for that sort of stuff now.

dobugabumaru said:

^ Do we have a list of the reject maps?

the following maps are in the OP but not in the wad:

Shore of Hell - Rayzik
Red Death.wad - General Rainbow Bacon
New Gothic Tribute - General Rainbow Bacon
Flesh Eater - General Rainbow Bacon
War to End All Wars - General Rainbow Bacon
A base - General Rainbow Bacon
Lost - elmle
Home of the Red, White and Blue - elmle
The Multiverse - elmle
Stairway To Helven - elmle
These Walls - elmle
Burn Marine Burn - General Rainbow Bacon
Judgement desu no! - walter confalonieri
The Side Winder - wacked666
Ascend to Hell - InvertCube

the exceptions of course are the GRB maps that got morphed into 15 iirc? I don't recall which those were however.

j4rio said:

Go figure.

No thanks. I trust you.

j4rio said:

no

This sucks. What else can I say...

Also, map11 still seems to have keens\cybs issue. Dunno about any other.

Ribbiks said:

the exceptions of course are the GRB maps that got morphed into 15 iirc? I don't recall which those were however.

I think most of those were speedmaps GRB made, as I know my two sections I added on were taken from his puzztower. And thanks for the list, putting it together this week.

Probably the only thing coming out of compiled rejects/suckyassmaps/whateveryoucallit placed alongside main wad would be overall quality devaluing. And that's it. But whatever.

^ we could have it be a separate release

EDIT: Also, I was wrong, as 3 of the GRB's maps feature sections that are in MAP15, albeit with different thing placements and textures. I think it'd be fine to keep them in with the other rejects though.

It sounds like releasing separately would be best.

I could compile the extra maps if that's ok with Ribbiks?

Instead of compiling another texture wad and adding all the extra maps to it, I was thinking about putting all the individual extra map wads into a zip file and saying what texture pack to use for each map in the text file. Is that ok?

TimeOfDeath said:

It sounds like releasing separately would be best.

I could compile the extra maps if that's ok with Ribbiks?

Instead of compiling another texture wad and adding all the extra maps to it, I was thinking about putting all the individual extra map wads into a zip file and saying what texture pack to use for each map in the text file. Is that ok?

Good idea, takes a lot of work off my back

Demonologist said:

Also, map11 still seems to have keens\cybs issue. Dunno about any other.

Yes it does. The newest version didn't get put into Version D+ it seems.

Warborn-R2

ffff, coulda swore I added that...

anyways, I'll add that along with some requested tweaks to map30, into super final idgames version e. I hope the changes don't incidentally desync any demos for d+ (I don't see why it would, but I'm not really knowledgable about the intricacies of such things). I'm also gonna add the new status-bar stuff, I don't think GoS intends to finish graphics, so maybe if I'm feeling super frisky I'll make an attempt at that (superficial I know, but it still feels lazy to reuse titlepic etc from sf11)

Eh, maybe she's just busy. Give it a deadline until summer, or something. There's absolutely no gain in uploading it to idgames anyway besides getting retarded anonymous comments, so whatevs.

Besides title/interpic, there is supposedly map 1 tune-up in the works and tidied up dehacked. Map 1 as is currently has multiplayer bugs which were intended to get fixed once tune-up popped up. Also, dehacked edit was just removing chainsaw sound from infinite BFG, maybe replacing it with different one and adding 'infinite BFG' text to appear when you pick it up.

Ugly misalignment on interpic on the left. :\ Normally I wouldn't complain about this stuff, but on interpic... I think it is worth fixing. Otherwise, cool stuff.

I wanted to edit stuff on Slaughtenstein for the interpic, but doom builder crashes when i try to save or use the test map function. Otherwise I would have removed the central building from the shot.

Has anyone seriously playtested/tried MAP25 - Fourtress by elmle?
I'm not sure if it is just me who suck and/or can't find the correct strategy for some parts, but playing through is just an absurd and frustrating difficulty most of the time, especially while going for the keys. Mostly blue and yellow ones.

And by the way, what's the music that plays on it? It is awesome!