Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

Grain of Salt said:

I wanted to edit stuff on Slaughtenstein for the interpic, but doom builder crashes when i try to save or use the test map function. Otherwise I would have removed the central building from the shot.

Try testing with zdoom / gzdoom? Also hi.

Rizera said:

Has anyone seriously playtested/tried MAP25 - Fourtress by elmle?
I'm not sure if it is just me who suck and/or can't find the correct strategy for some parts, but playing through is just an absurd and frustrating difficulty most of the time, especially while going for the keys. Mostly blue and yellow ones.

Consider it the hardest/second hardest map in wad. I playtested sections separately, and all are perfectly doable with correct strategy. Doing it in one go would be quite a feat though.

Tried it once just for the hell of it, got yk and died at bk. Catch.

Are you using Doom Builder 2 or Doom Builder 1.68 GoS? I can't edit some very big maps in 1.68 but 2 always works. Maybe it also depends on how much memory you have, I don't know.

Rizera said:

And by the way, what's the music that plays on it? It is awesome!

I asked the same question a few pages ago, great midi. :) -> http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1157323 / http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130743

Yeah, I was randomly searching midis on the internet and found that guitar site. It's worth exploring it if you're interested in that sort of stuff. I wanted to insert this midi to map 1 (same author as midi of 25) but cb likes his jackrabbit.

And while we're at the midi debate, what's up with the love for silent midis? :\
D_shawn or some D_shawn remixes (I don't know any, anybody?) would nicely fit 7, this would perfectly fit 19, 35 could really get something different than interpic melody as it would loop maybe a thousand times everytime you try to beat it (MUSINFO doesn't cause demo desynces, or...?), and ggg has a load of sweet autistic melodies so I wonder if any could get added to 31.

j4rio said:

MUSINFO doesn't cause demo desynces, or...?

I think not. But it needs not to recompile the map, so everything will be at the same points. Just place thing that changes music and nothing else.

Every thing affects the random number generator if I understand correctly, so adding MUSINFO things will almost certainly cause desyncs. But you should try it anyway because I'm probably wrong.

j4rio said:

D_shawn or some D_shawn remixes (I don't know any, anybody?)

How about the original song? Or un52 from Doom Unreleased Music.

Memfis said:
Are you using Doom Builder 2 or Doom Builder 1.68 GoS? I can't edit some very big maps in 1.68 but 2 always works. Maybe it also depends on how much memory you have, I don't know.

Doom builder 2 (I'd prefer to start using 1 if i could get it to work, but that's a different story).

j4rio said:
Try testing with zdoom / gzdoom? Also hi.

OK I'll try the extended nodes thing Phml mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also hi.

hi gos :]

I just noticed that I'm not credited for making huge gameplay tweaks for map 14. Is it too late to fix that? It wouldn't make me cry too hard if it's too late though.

That "Infinite Sky" music is really awesome, I really like it! And sorry for asking a question which had already been asked...I swear I searched before doing so and did not find your request, Memfis.

And talking about MAP25 itself, yeah, I find the part part up to the keys area really cool and enjoyable, but all keys are frustrating. Especially the blue one. I can get it done about 1/10 of the time with the strategy that I think that was the best. Maybe adding another Megasphere on that room would not hurt...

If there'd be one thing I could try, it'd placing monster blocking lines around central AV pillar so they wouldn't ressurect HKs, but otherwise there is enough health (one megasphere before battle and another one during). You die pretty much instantly anyway if you manage to do a notable screw up. If it would make you happier, I think it can be implemented meanwhile, since no demos are likely to pop up for it in close future. :p

j4rio said:

If there'd be one thing I could try, it'd placing monster blocking lines around central AV pillar so they wouldn't ressurect HKs, but otherwise there is enough health (one megasphere before battle and another one during). You die pretty much instantly anyway if you manage to do a notable screw up. If it would make you happier, I think it can be implemented meanwhile, since no demos are likely to pop up for it in close future. :p

I think it would make the map more enjoyable, but that is just me of numerous players. Getting a part done 1/10 of the time after playing for almost 20 minutes is too tough for me, I guess. Or maybe it's just that I could not figure the best way to do it so.
And actually, not letting AVs ressurect HKs would help quite a lot as well.

I like the new titlepic and interpic

dannebubinga said:

I just noticed that I'm not credited for making huge gameplay tweaks for map 14.

sure I can add that. If there's anything that anyone wants to add to textfile, player/map info or whatever, just let me know.

If next sf12 version is the last big important update, and let's say worst case scenario we make modifications that catastrophically desyncs everything, we could just have sf12_d+ assume the place of sf12_old on dsda, yah? not too much harm done. So I'd say make whatever improvements y'all wish.

tentative version 'e' updates so far (just listing them so I can keep track):

- statbar/title/inter + new d_dm2ttl?
- map 01 update
- map 11 update
- map 25 update
- map 30 update
- new chainsaw (skin your ass raw) sound
- new midi for a few maps apparently
- textfile updates/corrections

if I missed something let me know

Rizera said:

I think it would make the map more enjoyable, but that is just me of numerous players. Getting a part done 1/10 of the time after playing for almost 20 minutes is too tough for me, I guess. Or maybe it's just that I could not figure the best way to do it so.
And actually, not letting AVs ressurect HKs would help quite a lot as well.

Eh, it probably trivialises the fight, but you can still die by AVs if not careful or something. I'm almost sure I haven't screwed up anything else unrelated, but give it a try and also postpone recording a little.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/SF2012d.wad

j4rio said:

ggg has a load of sweet autistic melodies so I wonder if any could get added to 31.

Glad someone likes them. They're mp3s though, midi is basically broken in modplug from what I can figure out. And they're usually short loops. I can send the modplug tracker/impulse tracker "pattern data" of any piece to someone else to make a midi if someone wants.

You have a cool midi in one of your maps, search for 'pockets'. It would probably fit, I suppose. Yeah, I'm hardcore gggmork fan.

If next sf12 version is the last big important update, and let's say worst case scenario we make modifications that catastrophically desyncs everything, we could just have sf12_d+ assume the place of sf12_old on dsda, yah? not too much harm done. So I'd say make whatever improvements y'all wish.

That's rather unlikely. The only thing that could cause megadesync would be dehacked, but it didn't do so last time it was edited, so probably nothing can.

Also map 1 edits are in the works. Midi replacements would be cool but ToD usually doesn't like those.

(finishing off map01 might be a bit slower than i thought, since i'm using Eureka now, and things like small detailing are more fiddly than they would be normally)

Are both the exits on map 28 supposed to take you to map 29 (Degrassi)? Seems like a bug to me, why would anyone go to the exit behind the crusher pillars otherwise..

It was supposed to be a super secret exit (from map31 to 32) iirc but I guess the plans changed.

Bump

Post textfile stuffs whoever contributed map, or just say you are too lazy to do so and as a bonus you won't be bothered by annoying PMs regarding textfile stuff.

Also, I hope that map 1 edit will be done before I kick the bucket. :<

The maplist in the first post is very outdated (I assume that's what you meant). There's a newer version of your map in SF2012d+.wad, but it looks to be slightly different from the one you just posted (2 extra things and 2 extra sidedefs in the SF2012d+ version, dunno if anything else is different).