Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MajorRawne

How do I make these textures align?

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if this texture alignment problem is due to irregular heights or something like that? The highlighted wall-part on the right is actually a small square shaped sector that I raised up to the roof. Yes, I am aware I am a noob ;)

EDIT: My apologies in case anyone saw this thread with its original picture, that was a funny image from a joke website... it's a long story. And not worth it.

Try lower unpegged, or move it up by holding shift and pressing up on the arrow keys (While in 3d mode).

The ceiling on that wall to the left of your cursor is down 16 units, I usually make the ceiling come all the way down to the floor like you would with a door, or if it isn't tied to any effect, just delete it so it's one solid wall.

Yes, delete the sector and re-texture it.

If not, lower unpegged (L) should solve the problem (and upper unpegged (U) on the ceiling part of the sector)

Why is everyone missing the simple answer? Take the Upper Unpegged flag off and change the y-offset to 16. Problem solved. :P

(Okay, so Razen sorta said it -- shift+arrows changes the offsets by 16 by default.)

I'm assuming that if he has the floor raised to the ceiling, he's probably going to make it lower at some point, meaning that using lower unpegged would look weird.

Three step plan to easy mapping:
1. install DEU 5.21
2. calculate offsets in your head, without any 3D mode
3. say "fuck it" and don't care about texture alignment ;)
Or alternately:
3. leave snap to grid at 64 always, no matter what (ditto with heights, except for stairs at 16 or 8)