Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

God dammit

Am I the only person bothered by all the Goddamn spamming on this forum? The 2000 sentence fragment replies a day by assholes who suddenly decided to be in a post contest? It's fucking pathetic.

Personally, I think a hell of a change would be not only hiding post counts BUT REMOVING them from the software. Rank would be determined by time here, not by how often they can type, "wow new forum software lol".

I really don't care if you hide post counts or not, the member list has already been taken away so people can't look at the top 10 posters, so it seems as though you're not the only person thinking that way, deadie.

As for orion, to be honest, most of his posts are coherent and sensible, and I really don't see how that's considered spam. This forum really doesn't have a specific point, so people talk about whatever they want. It's not like he's going around replying with one-word or monosyllabic replies or anything.

And I'm sorry if I was "spamming" too, but I don't intend to. I just post what I feel like posting, if it isn't against the rules, and rarely post anything totally retarded or incoherent.

Yes, you are the only person to bitch about me spamming. If I had received any kind of warning from anyone in charge I would stop, and if I'm bothering you that much you could have said something about it through a PM back when it was obvious I was making this a daily thing. No point in making it into a big deal.

Personally, I think a hell of a change would be not only hiding post counts BUT REMOVING them from the software. Rank would be determined by time here, not by how often they can type, "wow new forum software lol". [/B]

I agree.

Yes, you are the only person to bitch about me spamming. If I had received any kind of warning from anyone in charge I would stop, and if I'm bothering you that much you could have said something about it through a PM back when it was obvious I was making this a daily thing. No point in making it into a big deal.

Wow, I hope that quote function gets edited. I'm glad Ling got rid of the scrollbar tag though. =)

I'm not the only person to be bothered with whole threads being 50% sentence fragments. Seen Liam lately?

I always have the PM and messaging systems disabled.

It's not a big deal. Not by a longshot.

I have nothing against small posts that are clear and coherent. I'm not asking for gigantic, redundant posts either. It's the severe influx of drab spam that has just about tripled in the last month that's bugging the shit out of me.

And you don't have to worry about it because I fully realize that the stupidity will only get deeper as we draw closer to Doom 3... and there's no doubt that the Quake crowd will flood the forums with their preconcieved notions, spam, racism and opinions that were told to them by Gamespy articles.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure as hell not. My being here is optional. I won't even have to flip a quarter to decide when this place is worth my time anymore.

Originally posted by orion
I was making this a daily thing. No point in making it into a big deal.

YOU WERE MAKING THIS A DAILY THING?!?!?

No I haven't seen liam. If you have PM's disabled there's also other ways of gettin in contact with a person like email, but fuck the details anyway. I just didn't consider my posts spam because they were on topic, and were just opinions that weren't previously stated by me or anyone else. In simple words I just had a lot to talk about.

Liam posts on Newdoom now...he says this place sucks now, and I'm starting to agree. Please stop spamming. It's really annoying.

Yeah, I agree with deadnail with this whole gay, excessive spamming. Especially orion and bigbadgansta. <- LAME ;p
It doesn't help to strengthen the community at all by doing that. Who the hell really cares about freakin' postcount! It doesn't mean very much, at least not to me.

Let he who is without spam cast the first,....the first.....:/

Fuck it :P

/me cries

Where the Hell is that old NIN-hating bastard...this is our darkest hour. And why the fuck are there so many people online!

Oh yeah, and to see more about my current views on spamming, see the Memberlist? thread. WARNING: excessive ranting. Not for the faint of heart...

...on second thought, it's nothing compared to the kind of stuff deadnail posts. :)