Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

ITT: Doom Community Stereotypes.

I thought this will be a little fun poking fun at ourselves. Note: if you get offended, well, don't be!

I'll start.

Even though Doom is a game made by americans, more European doomers seem to be masters at it.

Russian doomers are insane. Good mappers and source port coders, but still, insane.

Brazilian doomers are very confrontational, and make wierd zdoom add-ons.

British Doomers make kickass Deathmatch levels.

Greek doomers like cybie ass.

slavic doomers are demo fiends. If there's a problem, yo, they'll solve it.

Italian doomers are... well I don't know. I don't think I've ever interacted with one.

Japanese doomers are obsessed with waifus and make weird wads with marble textures.

Doom community Websites:
newdoom: some cool people, community was obsessed with roleplaying and lara croft.
DoomWadStation: total cesspool.
Doomworld: SUPER SAIYAN ELITE DOOMERS THAT ARE ALWAYS RIGHT
Skulltag: retards and 12 year olds.
Zdaemon: A legacy of butthurt and D5M1.

What about Greek Doomers with Smooth Jamaican Accents, mon?

Porsche Monty said:

No love for Scottish doomers?

The only scot doomer I know of is darknation. He's awesome.

And American doomers don't actually play doom.

Israeli Doomers make maps where a small force faces opposition in a sea of unruly, infighting hordes. (I only know two Israeli Doomers!)

Csonicgo said:

British Doomers make kickass Deathmatch levels.

Oh no, I'm failing to conform to stereotype. I better start practicing my deathmatch levels :-)

I've noticed a few Hungarian Doomers here. Cell, Katamori, NoneeLlama and G_GARG. Not noticed much to generalise them with though. Cell and Katamori both like ZDoom and making 1024 style/claustrophobic levels with realistic/intricate details.

Real americans like vanilla Doom. It's like classic coke, you know? Fuck that new shit! ;)

hex11 said:

Real americans like vanilla Doom. It's like classic coke, you know? Fuck that new shit! ;)

Proud to be 100% imitation American. =P

Csonicgo said:

And American doomers don't actually play doom.

I PLAY DOOM, GAWDAMMIT!

Well, with zdoom. Ok, maybe I see your point.

Porsche Monty said:

No love for Scottish doomers?

To be fair, "British doomers" have already been listed. I guess no one wants to point out that Britain consists of different territories and technically there's no such thing as being "British" because they don't want to be an asshole or sound like a nationalist.

Anyway, I'm sure Enjay is also a Scot.

vdgg said:

French doomers still use PrBoom 2.4.7 which is 5 years old.

I've heard they're still using Doom Builder 1.68 as well, but it is as yet unconfirmed.

Czech doomers make sexy megawads and are insane demo-recorders / rocket jumpers. :)

German Doomers are awesome, as Germans are awesome. Everything they do is top notch, even their worst mockeries, if any.

kmxexii said:

Israeli Doomers make maps where a small force faces opposition in a sea of unruly, infighting hordes. (I only know two Israeli Doomers!)

Hahaha

Maybe I'm giving this too much thought, but I'm finding it quite difficult to come up with a stereotype for the Doom community, or any part of it, that actually seems even remotely accurate. I could probably stereotype individuals as to what I'd expect from them, perhaps... but that's just them being predictable :\

Here's a couple that sort of pass on my idea of what stereotype should be though:

-Doomworld is 90% luddites who love vanilla- and boom-compatible megawads, but can't bear the idea of anything more "advanced"
-ZDoom Forums are a very close-knit circle jerk of people with ideas they can never bring to fruition

Katamori said:

What about Hungarian Doomers? Well, there aren't much...

Still, there are a couple of 'em. NoneeLlama, gggmork and actually me myself as well (but partially French).

I have a personal stereotype, being a fucking aesthetist, that is.

-Doomworld is 90% luddites who love vanilla- and boom-compatible megawads, but can't bear the idea of anything more "advanced"
-ZDoom Forums are a very close-knit circle jerk of people with ideas they can never bring to fruition

Cause and effect!

We should have a Doom maPping World Championship to see which nationality can make the best maps :-)