Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

I am so drunk out of my mind right now.....

I just came from my local bar, and I can barely see straight.

And that made me think, just how drunk can one person be and still maintain the ability to think?

Basically, what is the drunkest state you have ever experienced? And did you do anything fun and/or interesting during that time period? Share your stories of what fun and/or interesting things that you did while drunk on this thread!

Discuss.

I remember when I was drunk on Doomworld.

Well, no, not really. I just realized that I was in Post Hell the next day for posting absolute nonsense the night before.

I've also had my fair share of these threads. And being on the verge of almost drunk, I will regale the time I went to a giant paint party.

I went to a giant paint party! I finally turned 21! Had 6 drinks in 20 minutes and found 4 more. Met many people I had not seen in weeks/months, and had a good time, or so I assume, as I woke up on a curb. NExt morning I found myself in bed with several unrecognized phone calls from the night before and no recollection of whatever horrors I dsplayed to others.

Such is what happens during the drunk spate. Not to mention the thread that already exists (http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/58275-so-whos-drunk/).

That is all

Cleveland, Ohio in 1981...I'm in my buddy's apartment downstairs and we're slamming shots of Wild Turkey. I pass out and couldn't be revived so they dragged me down the hallway to the elevator, in and out of the elevator, then down the hallway to my apartment. This left a trail of flesh and blood from my back embedded into the hallway carpet. I awoke sometime later to find that I had exploded diarr...diahra...SHIT all over my bathroom. My back was a pussing, bloody, scabby mess for more than a month.

Columbus, Ohio, 1980(?)...A large group of us left a party and ended up at a Pizza Hut. Brought our own bottle of Jack Daniels in with us and we're trying to keep it hidden while we spike our own drinks. We were all loud and crazy drunk but thinkin' we're slick with this bottle. No. Apparently, this sort of behaviour is unacceptable at this particular Pizza Hut and we were informed that the cops were on the way. We got away fast.

Broad St. in Columbus, Ohio...We're being somewhat loud and boisterous in a restroom in a doughnut shop. We came out of the restroom room to find the place full of cops. Wait...that was an LSD experience...nevermind.

How many stories do you want? You've probably already figured out that I'm a fuckin' nutcase. :D

I don't often post drunk. Focusing on things isn't fun while drunk. I also get drunk very rarely, and generally only with other people. When I'm with other people I'm not usually posting on forums.

I don't like reading or writing when I'm drunk so I'm not on here in the state very often, thankfully.

To answer the question, in the drunkest state I've been in I've never had any fun, no. Being that drunk usually means being unconcious or vomitting and looking a wreck. The hours prior to that state have often been fun and provided me with plenty of stories though.

Off the top of my head, I remember in an Amsterdam kebab shop once I asked if there was somewhere I could take a piss and the owner seemed to wave his hand towards a bucket behind the counter. I thought it was weird but then Amsterdam is weird and I badly needed to go so I stood over it, took my cock out and was about to start the flow, when the guy started getting irate. I realised then that there was a rope to pull down a set of stairs, which lead to the toilets. Narrow escape there.

purist said:

in the drunkest state I've been in I've never had any fun, no. Being that drunk usually means being unconcious or vomitting and looking a wreck.

Yeah, I thought I was having fun but I was a miserable mess back in my younger days.

Group of us were at a house getting shit-faced and shooting pool. It was around 3am and I needed a ride home so I leave with a guy that has a 5.0 Mustang. He decides to "open 'er up" so we're doing 100+ mph on Main St. in Whitehall Oh. (actually, my "donut shop" story was in Whitehall, too). There was only one other car on the road which was -of course- a cop. He was going the opposite direction and I watched him do a beautiful drift/u-turn like it was in a movie. My dude tries to lose him by turning down a side-street, into the alley, and through a business lot to come back onto Main St. BUT there were already two more cop cars sitting there to hem us in. They've got him in the back of one car and me in another and the cop is trying to get me to admit that we were "attempting to elude" but I'm not talking. Then the strangest thing happened...he took me home. I guess he was glad to dump me outside of Whitehall limits. My buddy spent the rest of the night behind bars and the car was impounded. I tried to get them to let me take the car. Yeah, right.

One afternoon, my helper and I got our work done early soooo we stopped at the strip club to down a few brews while looking at naked chicks. Ended up drinking several beers with shots of Quervo. We leave, I drop him off at the shop, and I head home. Didn't make it there. I've got the van stopped in the middle of an intersection -blocking traffic in all directions- and I'm gonna beat some nigga ass. One of them comes around the other side of the van behind me and beats me in the head with something very hard (tire iron?). I woke up briefly as they were stomping my head and blacked out again. Then I realize that I've got a woman standing over me in complete hysterics. I get up, jump into the van, and drive home. I went to the hospital later because my eye was tore up.

Anymore, I drink two beers and I'm ready for bed. Old bytor is safer on my health than young bytor.

i've worked in bars for the past 11 years of my life, i've seen everything...and been a part of more.

i could tell some very very bad stories, i mean good stories...
but not on a public forum.
i could go to jail for the rest of my life.

hardcore_gamer said:

And that made me think, just how drunk can one person be and still maintain the ability to think?

Why don't you try for yourself? Especially considering that hospitals exist if something bad happens...

Sodaholic said:

I find weed more enjoyable, alcohol makes me feel sick.

For me it's the exact opposite. I dislike the effects of marijuana but I love the effects of alcohol. I guess both can be unenjoyable if you intake more than you can handle, though.

Sodaholic said:

That just depends on what you drink. Its true that some drinks like Jagermeister taste like utter vomit (unless its mixed with something else), but there are also many drinks (typically containing some kind of a mix of some kind of alcohol and some other non-alcoholic drink) that do in fact taste very good. Its also important that you don't drink it too fast or you better have a good gag reflex......

And don't try only beer. In my opinion, the stuff tastes like piss for the most part. If you're going to get drunk, then do it in style and have yourself some good ole' mixed drinks. I personally prefer vodka, but the girl likes rum. We both take them with various types of juice, and merry times are had by all.

Well... where do we begin?

I only started drinking about 3 years ago and it probably took me about 9 months after starting before I actually started getting into it. My second year of uni involved me drunk about 2 times a week on average. And when I say drunk, I mean I can't remember anything for a good 2-7 hours of most of those nights, due to the amount of drinking I was doing and the length of time I was at it for.

Naturally, as time wore on the stuff that happened when I was that drunk progressively got less acceptable to me, until February last year, where I definitely cheated on my girlfriend with an unattractive 17 year old (no idea why she was out in a club, or how on earth I ended up with her, but whatever) and possibly (genuinely nobody knows if I did or didn't - I just assume I didn't) had sex with a gay dude at the same time. I was so unimpressed with myself that confessed to my girlfriend straight away and spent a good week hating myself in a very deep depression before she told me to just get over it already, as she'd forgiven me pretty much the day I'd told her and me being like I was didn't make things better for her.

I can't remember if that was before or after I'd been given ecstasy while drunk and suffered a week long hangover as a result, but since then I have actually slowed down a bit... Well, I had until my girlfriend had to go back home to Dubai last May, then my main reason for self-preservation was gone again.

The really good news is that since leaving uni (and more recently, getting a full-time job somewhere that I don't know anybody) I simply don't have that many oppurtunities to drink and no real ecouragement to really get into it. On those rare occaissions where drinking properly is an option, I tend to take it - but a couple of major puking incidents in my second year have stemmed my enthusiasm for spirits and I simply can't drink as heavily as I used to.

Now I just get drunk enough to send a few embarrassing texts and give everybody the impression I'm coming onto them on those rare occaissions when I'm drinking. Rest of the time I'm just a miserable, lonely sober :P

hardcore_gamer said:

That just depends on what you drink.

And how you drink. I like whiskey and rum, but I can only drink them by sipping it straight. With ice they're too watery and shots just burn because of all the alcohol on the tongue.

Also all the stuff about larger people having higher tolerance is bull. I'm a big guy and even after just 4-5 drinks spread over several hours I can feel it having a noticeable affect. I really hate losing any control over my own body, which is why I've stayed away from everything else.

I've never drunk any amount of alcohol more than a few sips - can't really get used to the taste/texture of it. Like Sodaholic, I think any excessive dosage would just make me upchuck.

So yeah, I've never been drunk, ever. But nonetheless, I'd quite like to know what the drunk me is capable of. :P

It's hard to pinpoint the drunkest I've ever been because of the mind's nasty habit of having black outs. The most alcohol I've consumed was on my 21st. birthday, which was a lot.

Interesting story? I've told and retold some of the best ones on Doomworld already. Um. My friends and I have a ritualistic drinking game we call Yagsalvania, which is a drunken misspelling of Jägsylvania, not that either are real words. It's a competition to see who can get to twenty shots of Jägermeister in one night. Not exactly a race, as it's more of an endurance test of the body and mind, since being too drunk and the symptoms that follow, more or less, result in losing. If you search Yagsalvania in Google it brings up several blog posts about it, the newest and best being this which is something of a small book I'm still working on.

I don't know if this is admirable or sad:

That booze he's gobbling down seems to be some sort of Finnish raki/schnapps distillate with 32% alcohol.

yellowmadness54 said:

I get told I look like a heroin addict, inspite the fact Im straight edge.

There's your problem, man!

Maes said:

I don't know if this is admirable or sad:

That booze he's gobbling down seems to be some sort of Finnish raki/schnapps distillate with 32% alcohol.

Are you sure this isn't fake? I don't think its possible to just drink a whole bottle of 32% strong alcohol like that without gagging and then just walk away without even looking drunk. That could just be water.

There's an expression in rallying circles which goes "If you want to win, employ a Finn". Also applies to drinking contests apparently.

i can say the most i've ever had in one night was maybe 7 years ago during a, completely open bar, work christmas party.
everyone got sloshed, so i was in good company.
my band at the time was playing a short set that night as part of the entertainment...
not only do i not even remember the set after the 12 shots of wild turkey i gobbled down (along with a couple beers and mixed drinks) but i apparently set fire to my cymbals on stage, stopped playing in the middle of a song, and then jumped nirvana-style right into my kit, knocking it all around the stage.
then i passed out.
i woke up the next day locked in the building. my drum kit was literally in pieces all around me. i was covered in cuts and bruises. i didn't remember a goddamn thing, and from the vast amount of wild turkey consumed (101 proof) my throat was burnt to hell for days. i could barely eat and even drinking water felt like i was gargling with fire ants.

i have blacked out since, but nothing quite as violent has happened. i've calmed down a lot in the past few years and i am very thankful for that heh.

hardcore_gamer said:

Are you sure this isn't fake? I don't think its possible to just drink a whole bottle of 32% strong alcohol like that without gagging and then just walk away without even looking drunk. That could just be water.

I'd say it's even money: sure, the "easy" way is to just use water, but I've seen people IRL which pulled similar feats off, though not without paying the consequences at some point, but not necessarily immediately.

A friend of mine (when we both were 15 or so) claimed he could drink a small wine glass full of Tsipouro ( About 100 ml in one go). He actually did pull it off without stopping, and without looking ill afterwards (except for a red face), however he was ill the next day.

By extrapolating, if a 15 yo teen with just some inexperience-driven bravado can drink 100 ml of a 45% vol. drink in one go without immediate consequences, then a hard-drinking adult or chronic alcoholic (like the guy in that video appeared to be) can surely do "better". Not that either of them really should.

I don't think I've ever started a thread while drunk, though I'm fairly sure I've posted drunk. Thing is, I can usually post coherently even when plastered, just the content of my posts gets weirder.

Sodaholic said:

I'm with you on that, although replace "feel sick" with "get a headache," because I primarily drink red wine. In my most drunken states, I have vomited profusely and stumbled about, but have never experienced a loss of cognitive skills. Maybe I have just never consumed enough for my mind to turn to slush, as I've found that no matter how intoxicated I've been, I've retained articulation, the ability to observe my environment, even the ability to contemplate or reflect on things.

HavoX said:

Threads like this one remind me of the time when posting when drunk was a no-no.

Moronic posting due to inebriation always was and still is a no-no.

Being drunk and posting isn't really a problem if the poster somehow manages to post coherently and sensibly.