Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

I am so drunk out of my mind right now.....

hardcore_gamer said:

Are you sure this isn't fake? I don't think its possible to just drink a whole bottle of 32% strong alcohol like that without gagging and then just walk away without even looking drunk. That could just be water.

Watch that video again while paying attention to the guy's throat. He's not swallowing but pouring it straight down. Then he coughs to clear out any clinging fluid before he can open his airway to breathe again.

Grab a glass of water. Put you fingers on your throat just below the adam's apple and take a normal drink. Notice how your throat moves. The esophagus seems to move upward and your air passage is closed off. Now guzzle your water while trying to slow down the "gulping". Work at keeping the airway closed while relaxing the throat enough to allow the fluid to pass with minimal gulping. With some practise, you'll find that it isn't hard to do.

Deep throat it, baby.

bytor said:

Deep throat it, baby.

That's indeed the trick to get over the burning sensation and gag reflex that forced gulping down would bring. Once swallowed, you just look "OK" long enough to cash in any bet you might have placed on your foolishness, and that's about it. Give it half an hour, and you'll be feeling VERY sick, though not necessarily throw up with such pure drinks.

Then again chronic alcoholics know all kinds of "get better quick" trick for when you get smashed like that.

The effects of alcohol are nothing.

If you really wanna go out of your mind (and having tried it once before, I'd honestly advise that you don't) you should look into hard drugs. My best and worst experience was trying DXM for the first time, which was simply ingesting a whole pack of nasal decongestant pills at once.

It feels a lot like being drunk, your vision is super blurred, you're really dizzy, but you can also walk a perfectly straight line. I was able to play Doom with my friend just as well as I would have sober, and of course being absolutely amazed at my ability to play despite the conditiion I was in. At many points I felt like I was "in the game," where I was actually seeing through the eyes of the protagonist, and not just looking at a monitor. To some degree you feel that way when playing sober, but not anything like you would while on drugs. After a few hours your body starts to feel tingly, and when you walk you feel like a robot, like you have to manually operate each muscle in your body, and movement feels extremely jagged and clunky (as opposed to gliding seamlessly like you're used to)

At any given moment you can just look at something imagine images that literally can not even be described in words, or communicated in any way. I know that sounds gay and unrealistic but that's honestly the best way I can describe it. Time seems to pass incredibly slowly despite the enjoyable and euphoric experience. 15 minutes will go by and it will have felt like an entire weekend.

You'll see yourself in the mirror and wonder who it is. You're so disassociated with yourself that you wonder why your eyes are so big, your lips are so red, and your hair is all fucked up. As the effects wear off you begin to remind yourself that that has always been what you looked like and nothing has changed. As the day moves on you see everything as if you've never seen it before, have a completely new appreciation for things. You seem to have an almost omniscient understanding of everything, creating theories for your existence, and giving reason to your surroundings. You slowly collect memories from your memory bank, reliving experiences from the past that you didnt even know you remembered, such as long lost childhood memories, the toys you played with, your first best friend, etc.

The effects last for three days. You can fall asleep on the first day, and wake up 6 hours later exactly as fucked up as you were when you started. Around the third day you start experiencing the after effects (which are the worst). A DXM drug trip will leave you feeling very paranoid and often depressed. I felt pressed with the decision that I would have to choose to continue my life sober, or abandon my friends, family, job, girlfriend, and become a total dopefiend for the rest of my life (the effects were so powerful that it was actually a very difficult decision to make, and relied on a lot of will power and ambition to make the right choice). The third day was the only day I've called out sick at my job, lied to my manager about having food poisoning. I couldn't go to work, because I knew as soon as I went there they were gonna be like "why are your pupils so dilated? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ARE YOU ON DRUGS??" and the only response i would have was "YES IM FUCKING TRIPPING ON DXM!" and I would get fired and my parents would kick me out of the house and my girlfriend would leave me like her last boyfriend that also became a drug addict. In reality I was fine and realistically I didn't look like a total mess and it was very unlikely that my coworkers would jump to such a conclusion, I was just super paranoid.

I know it sounds pretty crazy (and it is.) I don't think I'll ever do drugs again after that. But the experience is rather unbelievable, albeit incredible. If being sober was a 1 and being piss fucking drunk was a 10, being on DXM was like 35. It's that fucked up. I can only imagine what it's like to be on heroin, crystal meth, PCP, LSD, or crack.

I'm pretty sure many DW members post while under the influence of something, or soon will.

40oz said:

cough medicine trip

I've read Aldous Huxley's non-fiction. It's the closest I've ever been to a trip of my own and it's the closest I have any wish to go. I can't quite understand the appeal of taking shit that affects your ability to think straight, be it legal or illegal.

But to each their own. I do believe everyone has a right to put inside their bodies whatever they wish, but this is another topic I guess.

DoomUK said:

I've read Aldous Huxley's non-fiction. It's the closest I've ever been to a trip of my own and it's the closest I have any wish to go.

I'm reminded of the movie Altered States (1980)

"Both the novel and the film are based on John C. Lilly's sensory deprivation research conducted in isolation tanks under the influence of psychoactive drugs like ketamine and LSD."

Trippy movie.

bytor said:

I'm reminded of the movie Altered States (1980)

"Both the novel and the film are based on John C. Lilly's sensory deprivation research conducted in isolation tanks under the influence of psychoactive drugs like ketamine and LSD."

Trippy movie.

Yeah I've seen that movie but it slipped my mind when I posted. Definitely trippy.

Sometimes I feel like the only oddball in the world who has no desire to get drunk or high at all. I enjoy a beer as much as the next guy, but the idea of not having full control over myself is not something that sits well in the Xasermind. Even though at worst all I'll do is say a bunch of goofy nonsense and do mostly-harmless nutty things, I'd much rather do that on purpose. :P

40oz said:

DXM Trip

Yep, I did that exact same thing during college and you described it perfectly. Extreme dissociative state. My trip turned bad for a few hours when I slightly cut my hand on something on a dorm-mate's carpet. I couldn't understand what the hell had happened. I felt some stinging, but it was so far away from where my mind was that it just literally looked like a flower was blooming out of my palm.
I'm sure you could imagine some of the negative things this brought to my completely-fubar'd and alien mind.

Apparently, this is very similar to PCP. It was a pretty interesting experience, but I would never do it again.
Almost all of my friends smoke a lot of weed but I can't stand it almost every time I try it because I am not in enough control.
I love drinking though and am used to it now so I never really lose control anymore. I just get very tired and want to go to sleep when I drink too much.

The only hard (recreational?) drug I would do anymore (i've tried most) is Molly/pure MDMA because I actually have a lot of fun on it and am with-it enough to make some seriously good tunes or DJ a great set. Since I love music so much it just makes me very excited about sounds. Of course, I would only do it once or twice a year maybe.

Well, by now the OP hopefully won't be "so drunk out of his mind" anymore.

40oz said:

being on DXM was like 35. It's that fucked up. I can only imagine what it's like to be on heroin, crystal meth, PCP, LSD, or crack.

Funny the way you say that - I take LSD "frequently" (like one or two times a year or less), but I would never do heroin, crystal meth, PCP, or crack....OR DXM for that matter. Well, maybe I would do DXM (more likely than any of those other shitty drugs) but not likely. Psychedelics are pretty crazy but it depends a lot on the person - I can take a moderate dose of mushrooms or acid and walk around in public with no problems, run around in the woods with no problems, and so on. I wouldn't drive however...

Back on topic, my drunkest was the handful of times I've thrown up. I've never puked on someone's furniture or anything - usually I spend about 25 minutes staring at the toilet and feeling like ass before forcing myself to throw up.

But I've had a lot of fun while drinking. Once I was very proud of myself for winning at Wisest Wizard. It's a drinking game where anytime you finish a beer and get a new one, you must attach the empty beer to the bottom of the fresh one (cans only). So, as you drink more, your staff grows longer and longer and of course the wizard with the longest staff is the wisest. And by "wisest" I mean "clumsiest due to attempting to drink out of a seven-foot beer can staff." Anyway, my staff ended up being something like 11 cans long. I admit I cheated a little by finishing off people's wounded soldiers and putting them on my staff >:D

40oz said:

I don't think I'll ever do drugs again after that. But the experience is rather unbelievable, albeit incredible. If being sober was a 1 and being piss fucking drunk was a 10, being on DXM was like 35. It's that fucked up.

Unless you ate 300 sudafed tablets over 24 hours I'm not buying your '3 day trip' bullshit. It's quite intense, although it doesn't last that long. DXM is an 8 hour dissociative mind fuck for sure though.

I can only imagine what it's like to be on heroin, crystal meth, PCP, LSD, or crack.

DXM is quite similar to PCP and ketamine. Meth is nothing in comparison, and unless you take an extreme amount of LSD, you're still 'with the world' unlike DXM.

DXM fucks with your head, DO NOT DO IT. I have and I hated it and I've also lost a very good friend to it. Not physically, but he's gone regardless. And that was 10 years ago.

Quast said:

DXM is quite similar to PCP and ketamine.

But will you cut off your own face or drive your fist through a cement wall?

Technician said:

But will you cut off your own face or drive your fist through a cement wall?

That depends on how screwed up as an individual you happen to be.

DXM can have some negative effects on short-term memory and overall emotional health. Fortunately those effects start to dissipate after a few days or a week, assuming you have proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. DXM can make it so a warm glow envelops everything and the hallucinations are nice if deprived of your senses. But a high dose can turn the world into a dark, alien place where nothing makes sense. The experience can be unpredictable sometimes and you have no choice but to ride a tidal wave back to shore.

I'd strongly recommend refraining from drug trips of DXM, methoxetamine, ketamine, PCP, or any dissociative drug on a weekly basis. After a while your mind gets pulled into murky thoughts and the separation and reconnection to the physical world takes a toll on your neurochemistry. The body develops physical tolerance to such drugs quickly (DXM especially) and exposing the brain to higher doses of dissociatives can really take you out of it. "Heavy" users can experience paranoia, mental fogginess, irritability, depression, and general looniness. It's good to play it safe here.

I've never been a huge fan of alcohol by itself. My body's systems seem slightly out of whack the day after and I just don't like dealing with that too often. It's good for special occasions.

GoatLord said:

Since when does cough medicine count as "hard drugs"?

I'm pretty sure DXM by itself is a hard drug, the nasal decongestant pills which had small traces of it were the easiest way to get it (legally)

Quast said:

'3 day trip' bullshit.

My trip had to have been at least 32 hours, but the aftereffects, meaning the paranoia and depression that followed it applied for days after, which was what I was referring to.

bytor said:

Cleveland, Ohio in 1981...I'm in my buddy's apartment downstairs and we're slamming shots of Wild Turkey. I pass out and couldn't be revived so they dragged me down the hallway to the elevator, in and out of the elevator, then down the hallway to my apartment. This left a trail of flesh and blood from my back embedded into the hallway carpet. I awoke sometime later to find that I had exploded diarr...diahra...SHIT all over my bathroom. My back was a pussing, bloody, scabby mess for more than a month.

Columbus, Ohio, 1980(?)...A large group of us left a party and ended up at a Pizza Hut. Brought our own bottle of Jack Daniels in with us and we're trying to keep it hidden while we spike our own drinks. We were all loud and crazy drunk but thinkin' we're slick with this bottle. No. Apparently, this sort of behaviour is unacceptable at this particular Pizza Hut and we were informed that the cops were on the way. We got away fast.

Broad St. in Columbus, Ohio...We're being somewhat loud and boisterous in a restroom in a doughnut shop. We came out of the restroom room to find the place full of cops. Wait...that was an LSD experience...nevermind.

How many stories do you want? You've probably already figured out that I'm a fuckin' nutcase. :D

hahah I live in Columbus Ohio. What doughnut shop are you talking about. I live off of West Broad street..by the bottoms.

Imp said:

hahah I live in Columbus Ohio. What doughnut shop are you talking about. I live off of West Broad street..by the bottoms.

It was in Whitehall near Town & Country shopping center. I lived in one of the apartment buildings on the south side of Broad between Town & Country and Yearling.

I had eaten 5+ hits and was with a girlfriend and another guy. The walls and floor are breathing and the carpet threads are wiggling around. A black light skull poster kept moving off the wall at me so it was time to get out of that little apartment and enter a new zone. We're moving down Broad and trippin' on the cars whizzing by. "Whoaaaa". It's night so the light 'trails' are spectacular.

I was usually a good guide when it came to eating lots of acid and knowing when it was time to move and get our heads somewhere else but we ended up in donut shop restroom. Dumb. We're in this restroom and thinking that we're in our own private little box, tripping on ourselves in the mirror, and then laughing uncontrollably when we look at each other. My girlfriend said later she was so embarrassed because you could hear everything from outside the restroom and freaked when the cops walked in (she hadn't done any acid).

We come out of the restroom and stop dead because there's what seems to be...like...100 friggin' cops looming over us (in reality there were probably only two). Can I get a downer, please? I imagine our eyes got as big as silver dollars but we managed to walk right on out the door and got back to the apartment fast.

I don't remember anything about that trip after that but that cop-encounter stands out in my mind like it was just yesterday.

We would trip at Port Columbus. Go out on the observation deck to watch planes take off and land. Drive back and forth through the two tunnels and field of blue marker lights. I think that particular road is gone now. You could stop your car on Hamilton Rd. at the end of the runway and it looked like the plane was gonna crash into you as it landed. This was before "terrorists" and the TSA, mind you.

We tripped at Westland Mall on Christmas. Santa's there all lit up on his throne with all the mechanical elves waving and swinging their little hammers. Tons of people everywhere.

They had just built The Beast at King's Island and we had to trip for our first ride. King's Island became a regular place to trip for my group of friends and I.

I didn't know what DXM was so I had to look it up but we smoked and snorted PCP (Angel Dust) back in Jr. High (Sherwood). Qualude was the drug of choice, though.

Technician said:

I've always wanted to pop shrooms, but I'm unstable as it is.

I've been recommended against taking shrooms or acid because I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder years ago, but I don't care. As an artist it's of great interest to me to see what my mind conjures under such conditions, and dammit, one day it'll happen.