Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sevenx4life

Doom builder not making nodes

I'm having a really annoying problem with doom builder. Every time I save any map it says "Unable to build the nodes: The nodebuilder failed to build the expected data structures. The map will be saved without the nodes." I tried reinstalling and changing the node builder program and cant seem to fix it. Anyone know how to solve this?

Doom Builder 1 or Doom Builder 2?

I don't know if I can help but the more that can be done to narrow down the issue the easier it might be for you to get some help.

Lol alright, the problem its causing me is I cant use the maps I make on my ZDaemon server. Every time I try to load them it says they cant run because the map contains no nodes, which doom builder is failing to make.

A simple solution is to use a separate node builder, rather than doing so from inside Doombuilder.

Melon said:

Doom Builder 1 or Doom Builder 2?

Why is it so difficult to answers a simple question?

Anyways, Doombuilder2 comes with 5 nodebuilders, which can be selected through the popup menu selected with F6.

For ZDaemon you probably should use Zennode.

Also check that your map is properly drawn (F4). If there are broken sectors or zero-length linedefs, I can imagine that a nodebuilder would choke on that. Also, not all nodebuilders support Hexen format maps (and only ZDBSP supports UDMF). If you are using the right game configuration for your map (and it is one of the configs shipped with DB2) then the default nodebuilder should work for that type of map.