Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

win98SE goodness

well for those of u who think windows 98 takes to long to load, i have some news for you. I have been able to get it to load in 15 sec, and on a pentium1 CPU. this was a computer i was maeking to sell, but my friends PC finally died so he is useing it. first it had some problems due to a rather shity CPU fan so i was forced to underclock the 200Mhz to 150Mhz. however it is a very odd setup, it uses a newer PC100 motherboard with AGP. this board was made for AMD cpu's but has no trouble with pentium. I love that little board cause it can use alot more, and much faster, RAM. with its 128megs it can load incredably fast, between 15-20 seconds. windows also runs very well. the only thing that needs work is the fan then i can put it back up to 200.
also i always thought u needed 2 stick of same sized RAM to run a pentium 1. but this is not a normal motherboard. it lets me use just the single 128 stick

Originally posted by Zaldron
"win98SE goodness"

Heh, oxymoron.

No no no....HERE'S an oxymoron: "WinXP goodness" :D

Sorry, don't know how to manipulate stuff as of yet. Maybe computer science will teach me next year......

I have a Pentium 133 with 64 megs of ram and it is way more stable than my bro's PC (Duron 800...128megs of ram...) So NyaH! ;)

Originally posted by DooMBoy
Here's an oxymoron for ya: Military Intelligence.

More like "DooMBoy intelligence: :)

I'm surprised no one has bashed Windows ME yet, heh. I have it, and I am the only person I know it works perfectly for. Actually, to put it this way, I am the only person I know who actually thinks "Windows ME goodness"... :D

What about "AOL Goodness"? ;)

BTW, I may finally be getting off AO-Hell within the next week or two. My mom and her roomate want to get a DSL line.

Originally posted by SlayeR
I'm surprised no one has bashed Windows ME yet, heh. I have it, and I am the only person I know it works perfectly for. Actually, to put it this way, I am the only person I know who actually thinks "Windows ME goodness"... :D

ME is actually worse than 98. Happy now?

Originally posted by Lament

Amen and praise the Lord (in whatever form he may be) for that.

Originally posted by Lament

Yes. Much better, (although I believe the new features and the loading speed of ME makes it superior than 98, but I could crap on for ages, so I won't.)

THE END.

Originally posted by DooMBoy
Here's an oxymoron for ya: Military Intelligence.

Yeah, if the "tary" unit measured intelligence I guess "military" would be 10^-3 of those :p